Laundry on Coral

PetulantMe

Hi everyone!

We're taking a 14 day Panama Canal in April on the Coral and i'm trying to avoid overpacking. Does anyone know how much the laundromats onboard charge, and how much it costs to send out laundry? (Although i'll try to avoid the latter)

Thanks!

-Pet

Look out for the $20 special days - you can squish lots in to those laundry bags and it will all come back freshly laundered and hung. It is your vacation so that includes a holiday from laundry. My DH does not want me spending our vacation time in the laundromat so we always wait for theses specials and make the most of them. I think we had 2 such days on our Panama 16 day full transit cruise on Coral.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks Miss & mj. I'm thinking i'm going to wait for the $20 specials, but its still good to know the other pricing too - you never know when you need it!

Are the laundry bags they give you very big?

-Pet

The $20 special may or may not be offered on a cruise. The bags are not very big. Oters have posted that they get the most in a bag by rolling the laundry instead of just stuffing it in.

The $20 special may or may not be offered on a cruise. The bags are not very big. Oters have posted that they get the most in a bag by rolling the laundry instead of just stuffing it in.

Roll the laundry, got it! Thanks for the tip!

-Pet

Thanks Miss & mj. I'm thinking i'm going to wait for the $20 specials, but its still good to know the other pricing too - you never know when you need it!

-Pet

Don't count on having a special; most of my cruises didn't offer them. If there is a special, Laundry bags are paper and tear easily, so be careful how you stuff it.

If you send out, shirts run approx. $3.00/3.50, shorts/pants from $3.50/5.00. Do a search; there's a complete laundry list out there somewhere.

We just returned home from a 10 day Coral Princess cruise. It was the first time I have used the laundermats on ship. Everything is $1.00, washer's, dryers and soap. I was very pleased with the laundry rooms. The dryers actually get your clothes dry, even heavy things like levi's with the first dollar put in. Actually, still had time left in my dryer's when the clothes were dry. The washer runs for about 35 minutes, so you can get your clothes washing and come back in 35 minutes. I don't know if I got lucky or what....but I never had a problem getting a washer and dryer. There were 6 washer and dryers. Two very nice steam irons and ironing boards. I might add in respect for other's who may need to use the laundry.....don't leave your clothes sitting in the washer or dryer when they are done.

I knew I would need to use the laundry so I packed a few dryer sheets (downy) and put detergent in a zip lock bag. Took up hardly no space in my suitcase.

This ship had a laundry on every deck, I believe. Also, on our cruise I never seen a special ran for getting a bunch of clothes sent out to their laundry. I have seen the bags they provide on past cruises and they are small.

We just returned home from a 10 day Coral Princess cruise. It was the first time I have used the laundermats on ship. Everything is $1.00, washer's, dryers and soap. I was very pleased with the laundry rooms. The dryers actually get your clothes dry, even heavy things like levi's with the first dollar put in. Actually, still had time left in my dryer's when the clothes were dry. The washer runs for about 35 minutes, so you can get your clothes washing and come back in 35 minutes. I don't know if I got lucky or what....but I never had a problem getting a washer and dryer. There were 6 washer and dryers. Two very nice steam irons and ironing boards. I might add in respect for other's who may need to use the laundry.....don't leave your clothes sitting in the washer or dryer when they are done.

I knew I would need to use the laundry so I packed a few dryer sheets (downy) and put detergent in a zip lock bag. Took up hardly no space in my suitcase.

This ship had a laundry on every deck, I believe. Also, on our cruise I never seen a special ran for getting a bunch of clothes sent out to their laundry. I have seen the bags they provide on past cruises and they are small.

Thanks, that's really helpful!

-Pet :)

-Pet

I would not count on those specials as sometimes they are never offered.

Hello Petulant Me,

We are also on the April 12 cruise on the Coral, and we are really looking forward to 14 days of relaxation. If you would like to join, we have a roll call. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=610938

There is a meet and greet on the 1st sea day (Monday, April 13) in the Wheelhouse Bar at 11:00 AM.

Best Regards,

DavidnSteph

Hello Petulant Me,

We are also on the April 12 cruise on the Coral, and we are really looking forward to 14 days of relaxation. If you would like to join, we have a roll call. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=610938

There is a meet and greet on the 1st sea day (Monday, April 13) in the Wheelhouse Bar at 11:00 AM.

Best Regards,

DavidnSteph

Thanks for that! I thought for a bit that it might be too late to join in, but i'll make every attempt to be at the Wheelhouse! :)

-Pet

Thanks for the information. I was curious about this too. DH said he would do laundry on the cruise for us (isn't he sweet? ;)) so now I can share with him what to expect.

Thanks for the information. As Carnival Platinum members we get to send out our laundry every day for free on Carnival. I usually do a couple loads myself on Princess, especially the longer cruise.

We were on the Princess last month for a 14 day transit of the Panama. We did send some laundry out which can add up a bit...underwear $1, cotton slacks about $7, formal ****s about $7/8. The laundramats tend to be busy on seadays but there are lots of them sooo. We have not seen the $20 bag in the past 12 months.:mad:

For the first time ever, I'm thinking of packing super light and washing once. I'm on the CB for 7 days, but in San Juan 3 days pre-cruise. I have a few questions:

1) Are the washers less busy on the first or second day of the cruise as opposed to mid-week or toward the end of the cruise? I could probably wash on the first full sea day and make it the rest of the time.

2) Do people wait in the room with their clothes, or run back to the room for 15-20 minutes?

3) Anyone ever have a problem with clothes shrinking? Sounds like the dryers may be high heat.

Thanks in advance,

Cheryl

1) Are the washers less busy on the first or second day of the cruise as opposed to mid-week or toward the end of the cruise? - Less busy the first day

2) Do people wait in the room with their clothes, or run back to the room for 15-20 minutes? - They do not wait in the laundry room.

3) Anyone ever have a problem with clothes shrinking? Sounds like the dryers may be high heat. - Very high heat.

-Pet

I had planned on taking advantange of the $20 bag-o-laundry for our recent cruise on the Island. The problem ... they offered it on the 3rd or 4th day of our 10-day cruise. We hardly had enough laundry to justify a single load at that point, let alone a bag full for $20. I ended up doing myself in the laundry room. :(

The notice appeared in the Patter one day and the laundry was to be ready to go by, I believe, 11 am the next day.

Tammy

Archived