Any very recent Mariner Passengers?

robmharper

Hello, First post here. I joined just for the following question: The Mariner is sailing around the horn right now, headed to her new home port in L.A. I am ecstatic as it is our favorite ship and we no longer have to make the 7 hour flight to Port Canaveral to sail her. I digress; I would like to find out if anybody has sailed the Mariner within the last month AND, whether they know if Jimmy - the guitar singer in the Wig & Gavel is still on board and making the trip West. My wife & I love hanging out, singing with him. The picture is with me & a buddy in March '08, but obviously the guy with the guitar is Jimmy. We're headed back next month & would like to know if he's still there. Thanks! Awesome message board BTW. I imagine I'll be here a bunch.

366277780_Cruisefiles.jpg.4a8aa820fe218eb407955bc6859fa889.jpg

Hello, First post here. I joined just for the following question: The Mariner is sailing around the horn right now, headed to her new home port in L.A. I am ecstatic as it is our favorite ship and we no longer have to make the 7 hour flight to Port Canaveral to sail her. I digress; I would like to find out if anybody has sailed the Mariner within the last month AND, whether they know if Jimmy - the guitar singer in the Wig & Gavel is still on board and making the trip West. My wife & I love hanging out, singing with him. The picture is with me & a buddy in March '08, but obviously the guy with the guitar is Jimmy. We're headed back next month & would like to know if he's still there. Thanks! Awesome message board BTW. I imagine I'll be here a bunch.

Go to this link and ask that question. Merion_Mom is on the ship now coming in to San Pedro, CA. She will be able to let you know this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=894610&page=119

If he is the same Jimmy who has played on the RCCL ships for a long time in the Pubs, this was his email address. Give it a try. It was passed along from a big fan of his once to get his schedule.

Jimmyguitarguy@hotmail.com <Jimmyguitarguy@hotmail.com>

NO WAY! I am beside myself. Seriously; there's two of me. Okay, all joking aside, you guys are amazing. Oh man I am going to get into SO much trouble at work now that I found this site. Thanks for the lightening quick answer!

NO WAY! I am beside myself. Seriously; there's two of me. Okay, all joking aside, you guys are amazing. Oh man I am going to get into SO much trouble at work now that I found this site. Thanks for the lightening quick answer!

That's what Cruise Critic is all about. ;) There are so many people on here who can answer all and just about anything you can ask.

Again, welcome and ask away. :D

I guess I was just caught off guard with how quickly my question was answered, so thanks again. To put an end to my question, I discovered that Jimmy is now on the Liberty. We just got off the Independence, so I wish we had sailed the Liberty instead. Oh well, while slightly disappointed that I won't see him in the Pacific, I am happy that he is still with my favorite cruise line. Cheers everyone!

I guess I was just caught off guard with how quickly my question was answered, so thanks again. To put an end to my question, I discovered that Jimmy is now on the Liberty. We just got off the Independence, so I wish we had sailed the Liberty instead. Oh well, while slightly disappointed that I won't see him in the Pacific, I am happy that he is still with my favorite cruise line. Cheers everyone!

From what I read, the people want him on the Oasis when she sails. ;)

He seems to be that popular on the ships.

Rob, the current Wig & Gavel singer is Mark B. He told us when his current contract ends, but I forget. It's a deadly combination of CRS and PWD.

:D

Thanks a bunch! Hopefully Mark is enjoyable. Jimmy was kind enough to email me several times since last night. unbelievably, he even remembered my son; Liam's name (who was 2 months old when we sailed the Mariner last February - before the new age minimum) and the fact that Liam won the sexy legs contest. Jimmy will be back on the Mariner this fall, for those who want to know. That makes me very happy. he is a genuinely nice guy and a major asset to RCI. Thanks to everybody who responded!

Archived