Cabin

Hello,

I am a new cruiser and I think I am about to book my honeymoon cruise for next May on the Pride(1st cruise!). I heard you should book early, is that true? I wanted to ask everyone what is the best place on the ship to book your cabin, I've heard midship, is this correct? We will probably be getting a balcony. I was thinking Empress deck midship. Should i pick the cabin or let them? Is there anything else I should know before I book? Any info is much appreciated. I guess this deposit is non-refundable right? That sucks lol.

Hello,

I am a new cruiser and I think I am about to book my honeymoon cruise for next May on the Pride(1st cruise!). I heard you should book early, is that true? I wanted to ask everyone what is the best place on the ship to book your cabin, I've heard midship, is this correct? We will probably be getting a balcony. I was thinking Empress deck midship. Should i pick the cabin or let them? Is there anything else I should know before I book? Any info is much appreciated. I guess this deposit is non-refundable right? That sucks lol.

Booking early gives you a greater selection of available cabins, and with Carnival's new "Early Saver" program, you are price-protected up until 2 days prior to sailing. The only downside is that the deposit is nonrefundable for this particular program.

Cabin location is a matter of personal preference, and can be affected by a number of factors. If you are sensitive to motion, midship is probably best for you. Personally, we prefer the aft balcony cabins. YMMV.

Dh and I have been in the aft of the ships and forward. We both agree that mid ship you feel less movement. Also, the non-refundable deposit is if you book using the early booking program that Carnival is offering. You def want to pick your own cabin if you have never sailed before you may get a lil sea sick and being all the way forward will def do that. Have a wonderful honeymoon.

I tend to stay away from the following:

1. Cabins that are too far foward.

2. Cabins directly in front of elevator banks (can be noisy late at night or early in the morning with people in and out).

3. Cabins directly under the pool, the club or a restaurant (also can be noisy, chairs being dragged). I try to get a cabin either midship or all the way aft. Deck wise, I like 7th or 8th, depending on the ship. I always make sure to book a deck that has cabins, not public areas directly above me.

4. I never book an adjoining cabin...even though the door is locked, the walls seem thinner in these cabins, and you can hear too much of what your neighbor is doing.

But eveyone has their own tastes. Have fun!!!

All good tips so far in cabin selection. I try to pick a deck with cabins above and below me to reduce the noise level. If you are not sure how to do this, go to the carnival website and look up the deck plans for your ship, print them off and then lay them one over the other (using an elevator or stairwell as a fixed point of referrence).

Also, I would suggest you visit the message boards of Cruise Critic that are for CABIN SELECTION to get more ideas).

DaveOKC

I am just off the Pride - room 5131 - balcony -front of ship, and I LOVED it. It was my 3rd cruise, and my first with a balcony and I don't ever want to be without a balcony again. As a matter of fact, I already boked the same room on my next cruise, next January! The room had a perfect location, near elevator (didn't hear one thing).. and just 2 floors up is one opf the pools, buffet etc's...

Agree with all the other posters. I get super bad motion sickness and try to stick mid ship towards the aft and, with dramamine, I'm fine. Usually deck 7 (on most ships) is best because you have rooms above and below. Plus you aren't too far away from the food and pool.

Hello,

Gratz on joining the Marriage Club :)

To me the best place is dead center, dont really care as too what deck, although the Pride isn't as large as the other ships I would still book a cabin dead center. This puts you closer to everything and you don't have to walk too far. An example is if you have an Aft Cabin way back and you are checking out the show in the theater way up front, thats going to be one heck of a walk back. If you can get a cabin closer to a elevator thats even better. The Pride is an awesome ship.

There is less movement midship and on a lower deck like Riviera deck.

Its always best to book a specific cabin a year out or as soon as possible and if the rates drop you can get On Board Credits (OBC) or maybe an upgrade to a higher deck. There are reasons why you will book a Specific cabin, some people book them due to motion sickness or prefer to be higher up or closer to an elevator. But you can always book a Guarantee cabin of that category and they can put you anywhere. This is for people that dont care where they will end up but might end up in a balcony or even a suite.

The Deposit is refundable, you just need to cancel before the penalty phase.

Fred

We were on Ecstasy right in back of a elevator bank on Empress deck, and never heard a sound. Most people by the elevators say they are quiet. True, somone could get off a elevator and be talking, but they could just as easily walk past your cabin talking, no dif.

Im not sure if you can do guarantee with early saver, can you? The cruise I booked no free upgrades and you had to pick your cabin.

We loved Empress deck. It was really super convenient.

Agree with all the other posters. I get super bad motion sickness and try to stick mid ship towards the aft and, with dramamine, I'm fine. Usually deck 7 (on most ships) is best because you have rooms above and below. Plus you aren't too far away from the food and pool.

Deck 7 is still too high up and you will feel more movement up there. For those with Motion Sickness, Riviera Deck should be the way to go, on Fantasy class ships thats deck 4 and on Spirit Class and Conquest its deck 1

Fred

Thanks! Just one more question, what is aft?

Also, i read another thread about booking excursions. Should i book with carnival before hand or on ship or with another source and if so what?

Thanks again!

Forward or Bow is front of the ship

Aft or Stern is the rear of the ship

Midship or Amidship is middle of the ship

Port is the Left Side

Starboard is the Right side

Head is the bathroom

Miami Vice is a Drink you need to try once on board also a Dirty Banana Daquire.

Fred

Thanks! Just one more question, what is aft?

Also, i read another thread about booking excursions. Should i book with carnival before hand or on ship or with another source and if so what?

Thanks again!

Booking an Excursion with Carnival is the way to go because of a few reasons:

1. Those excursions have been checked out by Carnival and has had good success with them, ie: getting everyone back on time and safe.

2. If you get hurt during that Carnival Excursion you are covered by Carnival in their infirmary.

3. The ship knows you are out on a Carnival Excursion and will wait for you if the boat or van gets stuck or breaks down somewhere.

Its all about peace of mind.

You will probably save alot more money booking a private excursion on your own but if something happens youre on your own.

Fred

On the front of the Capers, which is the Flyer with the information of the day that you get every night has an Emergency Phone Number for each port of call.

Make sure you either write that number down or just stick an extra copy of the Capers in your pocket just incase you need to make that call.

Fred

we sail primarily NCL and CCL..

the wife and i spend alot of time in the gym and spa..

so on the NCL ship s it s aft and CCL forward..

i ve sailed once forward and won t do it again..

thus when sailing CCL..though it makes sense to book

forward..we prefer mid-ship..

on our last cruise..we had a mid-ship cabin on the Empress

deck..

If you cruise the holiday, do not get the bottom deck all the way aft. There is a problem with the propeller. It's not noticeable at high speed, but when the ship slows down it's a constant banging.

There is always alot of banging back there, thats where they keep the newlyweds.

Fred

Archived