Anyone been to Blue Lagoon Island?

Kelly in Colorado

Hey! We'll be in Nassau on December 20th and want to just relax! We've heard Blue Lagoon Island is a beautiful place, and we'll be there for our own booked dolphin swim, so we were thinking about spending the entire day there instead of going to seek out another beach area.

If you have been there, can you tell us if it's really crowded? Places to eat? Snorkel? Is there a nice quiet secluded area away from the crowds to just read and listen to the ocean?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

We went to Blue Lagoon on a shore excursion when we were on the Costa Atlantica. We took the ship excursion and took a ferry there. I remember it being just that "a lagoon". It was very shallow where we were and the water was very clear. It was the perfect place for my daughter to play in the water. She was 5 at that time. There was one lady topless there. I don't know if that is the norm or not. It was very beautiful and very peaceful. The island had all sorts of hamocks hanging from the trees. If I remember correctly, there was a place to rent snorkle equipment and other water stuff. This is not your typical beach but great if you want to see the "Blue Lagoon". Definately paradise!

Kelly - We were there this past Friday for the swim (booked independently). Only 79 degrees, and we all definitely used the wetsuits that were provided. We were on the 1:30 boat to Blue Lagoon (it ran about 10-15 min late), orientation, put on suits, break into your platforms (only ten per platform... there were three), and then the program. Warm shower provided for afterwards in the restroom area. Hubby didn't want to do the swim so we booked him as an observer for $20 (included the ferry ride). We were back on the 4:00 ferry back, which first stopped at the ferry terminal on Paradise island and then it went on the the cruise ship dock (so all the cruise ship passengers just stayed on). Hubby was able to take awesome pictures from various places on the docks just above the platform - he took over 100. We still bought two from them afterwards (magnet pic $8 and a 4x6 in photo holder for $14). Definitely an awesome experience!!! But needless to say, there was absolutely nobody on the beach area. We didn't even venture over that way. I hope to have pics updated to my webpage in my signature by the end of the week.

79 degrees actually sounds really good to me right now! We have about a foot or so of fresh powder snow and the temperature is about 12 degrees on my temp gauge!

I'd take any beach!

Evan: We're just taking a short Bahamas trip: Ft. Laud, Half Moon Cay, Nassau, Key West, Ft. Laud. I can't wait!

Mandy: I look forward to your pictures! Thanks for telling me about the trip! Did you book through your ship? We booked through Blue Lagoon directly, so I think getting back to the main dock will be our responsibility. We're swimming at 10:30. I'm really excited!

Let me know when your pics are up!

Mandy: I look forward to your pictures! Thanks for telling me about the trip! Did you book through your ship? We booked through Blue Lagoon directly, so I think getting back to the main dock will be our responsibility. We're swimming at 10:30. I'm really excited!

Let me know when your pics are up!

Got the pics up (just three for now - you can click on them to enlarge) and I will get some more up later. We booked directly through the internet - HAL didn't offer the swim - only the encounter for $119 (much more than booking it directly). Hubby went as an observer for $20 (not offered through cruiseline either) and was able to take plenty of pics. Cab to ferry terminal was $10 plus $1 toll bridge. However, coming back, they told cruiseship passengers to stay on and they took us directly to the cruise dock after dropping others off at the Paradise ferry terminal (they do this since it is cruise ship excursions as well). Plus... it saved us the $11 to return!! We had the 2:00 swim with ferries at 1:30 and 4:00. You will have so much fun!!!

Hey Phil: I'm supposed to swim with the Dolphins on the 20th! I haven't heard anything. Why do they say they are closed until then?
Kelly,

I emailed them about the stingray swim there. Perhaps that part is down untill 20-Dec and the dolphin swim is up. Enjoy your time!

-Phil

Archived