Quick Dry Undies ??

Occy

Hope someone can advise. Are those quick drying undies, like Tilley Endurables, really worth the extra $$. We've always just taken our normal "unmentionables" and depending on the length of the cruise, I do a couple of trips to the laundy room during the course of the trip. Recently, a couple of friends have sworn by only taking a couple of pair of these type of underwear as they "virtually dry overnight". I think they are around $18-$20/ea Cdn. Before going out and investing, wld like to know your opinion. I know they aren't very sexy looking, but if they do the trick and can be hand washed and they dry over nite, that's the main thing.

Thx. in advance.

I bought a pair of those for travelling once, they are still sitting in the drawer.

Go to The Bay or Sears in Nanaimo or Victoria depending where you live on the Island and buy Ladies Jockey bikini or hip briefs (they feel like silk). ($16.00)

They dry fast and are comfortable and take up no room at all.

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B001HT5580/sr=1-0/qid=1235023993/ref=sr_1_0/178-3272183-6159731?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=396407011

(I see they are on sale now).

My Barely There underwear (love the name :)) dries in a very short time. I can wash out a few pair in the morning and they are dry by evening. I do wring them out in a towel after washing. No need for any special purchase. I'm sure many brands would be the same, especially ladies underwear, unless you wear a heavy cotton, most can dry in a short time.

Another tip is to buy microfiber underpants. These can be washed out at night and hung in the clothes line in the shower to dry. By Morning they will be dry since the fabric is light and airy.

3 pr for about $11..worth every penny...roll in a towell and compress. If you want quiker dry..I have spread a towel over a lamp top, and then them flat on top..leave lamp on..great in motel room also

I've never found that women's underwear takes long to dry--even "grannie panties!" Men's "tighty-whities" will take awhile, but thin boxers should dry quickly. I certainly wouldn't spend money on "special" underwear..just buy a few extra pair of what you normally wear!!!

I wear my regular favorite undies and handwash and hang behind the chairs on the balcony! I bring clothes pins and sometimes clip them on the back of the chairs! They dry in no time. I also bring a small length of twine and make a very short line between two chairs and string my bathing suit through the arm straps between the chairs or just clip it behind a chair to dry. The fresh air really dries it quickly. I can't stand a wet suit.

Because it is below the rail, nobody can see my drying line. ;) I've never had a problem with wet clothes and nobody is the wiser. Drying time is really quick!

How much room do undies take up in your luggage? I do not want to have to wash any on vacation. Just take enough to last you the whole trip.

If we're taking a vacation for a week, I just don't want to repack 10-14 pair (each) of dirty underwear back into our luggage. And, I don't own 14 bras.

I wash mine out by hand mid-week and we send the husbands out to the laundry. I don't hang them on the balcony, there is a laundry line in the shower.

It's not a big deal at all, I'll bet many women wash their bras and underwear in the sink at home as well.

I like wicking underwear - not because they dry quickly after sink-washing (they do) but because they *wick* while I'm wearing them--great for the times when my husband drags me on a walk up & down the hills of Acapulco, for instance:o Cotton doesn't wick moisture away, and most microfibers won't either.

If we're taking a vacation for a week, I just don't want to repack 10-14 pair (each) of dirty underwear back into our luggage. And, I don't own 14 bras.

I wash mine out by hand mid-week and we send the husbands out to the laundry. I don't hang them on the balcony, there is a laundry line in the shower.

It's not a big deal at all, I'll bet many women wash their bras and underwear in the sink at home as well.

Again, they just take up a tiny amount of space in your luggage both going and coming back. We take enough for each day plus a few extra. We are usually in our swimsuits all day so I only wear my bras for dinner- I don't own 14 either but could get away with 4-5 for a week.

I bought some cheaper micro fiber for me. But hubs, I got him the magellan's brand. they were expensive, but dry quickly.

I keep them in my travel stuff tub and only wear them on vacation.

They have sales occasionally. Travelsmith also carries a brand

Sure makes a difference than packing a ton of underwear.

Again, they just take up a tiny amount of space in your luggage both going and coming back. We take enough for each day plus a few extra. We are usually in our swimsuits all day so I only wear my bras for dinner- I don't own 14 either but could get away with 4-5 for a week.

I'm talking about the stinky smell of dirty underwear after a week, not the space involved. Even packed in ziplocs they are a little too ripe for me to unpack when we get home. I take only 4-5 bras as well, but cannot stand to wear one twice for day wear, I have to launder it first.

It works well for us, not packing a lot of underwear.

Hope someone can advise. Are those quick drying undies, like Tilley Endurables, really worth the extra $$. We've always just taken our normal "unmentionables" and depending on the length of the cruise, I do a couple of trips to the laundy room during the course of the trip. Recently, a couple of friends have sworn by only taking a couple of pair of these type of underwear as they "virtually dry overnight". I think they are around $18-$20/ea Cdn. Before going out and investing, wld like to know your opinion. I know they aren't very sexy looking, but if they do the trick and can be hand washed and they dry over nite, that's the main thing.

Thx. in advance.

This is just me, you understand and is only my personal opinion....but, I wouldn't pay 20.00 for the best undies in the world...even if they were handmade by virgins from the down of angel wings.

Archived