How Early Can You Board A Ship?

bridog22

Finally going on a cruise where I can drive myself to the port and take my time getting to the ship. Good thing is I can get there as early as I want on the day of departure. Just wondering what the earliest time is I can board the ship.

I know that we can't use our cabin until around 1:00 p.m., but if we have small carry-ons would we be able to put them in our cabin before then rather than take them with us from place to place once we board? Just wondering...

Thanks very much!

I know that we can't use our cabin until around 1:00 p.m., but if we have small carry-ons would we be able to put them in our cabin before then rather than take them with us from place to place once we board? Just wondering...

Thanks very much!

Usually the fire doors leading to the corridors where the staterooms are located are closed. Whether or not they are locked may be another matter.:) We don't usually find it too much of a problem to keep our carryon (on wheels) with us until 1pm. On some cruises, RCI has offered to check our carryons after we boarded and delivered them to our cabins at 1pm. If you have valuables or medicines in the carryon, you might not want to do this, but if the carryon merely carries a change of clothes and non-essential or valuable items, it might be an option.:)

Archived