Tired of the bad Carnival Rep

CanWeGoYet?

As far as why someone would post opinions/comments having never cruised Carnival...I don't know.

Hey! You don't know either, so we have something in common! :)

It is evident when a poster views Carnival as a sub par cruise line and won't cruise with them, but comes here to post something negative. I think that behavior is rude and just plain mean spirited. I guess you think the behavior is ok. Everyone has their own opinion.

No real irritation (I don't lay awake at night thinking about it). I was just wondering why people would do that. I guess it is just human nature to put something or someone down to feel better about yourself. Which is another thing I don't get. :confused:

To tell the truth the only reason I am on the board so much today is I just booked a new Carnival cruise and I am stuck on the computer working on a paper for class and taking way too many breaks....

Hey! You don't know either, so we have something in common! :)

It is evident when a poster views Carnival as a sub par cruise line and won't cruise with them, but comes here to post something negative. I think that behavior is rude and just plain mean spirited. I guess you think the behavior is ok. Everyone has their own opinion.

No real irritation (I don't lay awake at night thinking about it). I was just wondering why people would do that. I guess it is just human nature to put something or someone down to feel better about yourself. Which is another thing I don't get. :confused:

To tell the truth the only reason I am on the board so much today is I just booked a new Carnival cruise and I am stuck on the computer working on a paper for class and taking way too many breaks....

Yeah, don't let it bother you, doesn't really matter if you enjoy the cruise you choose, everyone has their favorites and should keep an open mind about the many options available. Good Luck on your paper. :)

BTW, what difference does it make what I think about rude or mean spirited behavior, it has become the norm here on this board. I'm sure you have seen what I'm talking about.

Yeah, don't let it bother you, doesn't really matter if you enjoy the cruise you choose, everyone has their favorites and should keep an open mind about the many options available. Good Luck on your paper. :)

BTW, what difference does it make what I think about rude or mean spirited behavior, it has become the norm here on this board. I'm sure you have seen what I'm talking about.

Thanks regarding the paper. I need it! I am totally not focused tonight because I booked a new cruise and I am so excited.

So far I've only cruised in January. This year my power snorkel excursion was canceled due to high winds. I cant wait to snorkel Cozumel in June!

Ok, back to the paper.... :(

Ted, cancel that Carnival cruise you're looking at booking. It sux! Spend more money on something else and open up a cabin for those of us that will enjoy it! Your opinions would be better spent elsewhere:D.

Ted, cancel that Carnival cruise you're looking at booking. It sux! Spend more money on something else and open up a cabin for those of us that will enjoy it! Your opinions would be better spent elsewhere:D.

I guess you just proved my point about "Rude and Mean Spirited" people. I believe it was also what Treens made reference to earlier. They're all over the place.

It probably won't matter much about looking for a Cabin on ANY of Carnival's cruise ships, there should be plenty to spare, this economy is killing the cruise industry right at the moment. I will take your advice though and cancel my Carnival Cruise, maybe I'll invest the $$$ I saved in the Stock Market. I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

What's wrong with you people ? :confused: Use your heads ! ! :eek:

Let 'em bash . . . even agree with them if you have to. The worse Carnival's reputation gets, the more likely their ships will have more cabins available . . . the more likely the pricing will stay great on Carnival ships. :D

I sailed Celebrity with the opposite expectation...I thought (because of all the 'board talk') that X would be FAR SUPERIOR to all my CCL cruises...the joke was on me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my X cruise because I love to cruise. I don't know if it was just 'bad luck' or a bad choice of itinerary (14 day PC Crossing) that had me on a ship with passengers as snobbish as the ones on these boards. Yes, we were continuously asked what we do for a living...but not only that. My DH was also asked what type of car he drove (which was strange/rude enough) but then, after he answered, the person had the gall to respond, "Oh...that's a shame."

:eek: wth?????????

The crowd on that ship was just VERY subdued and sometimes rude.

On that particular sailing, there was just no 'fun' I spent the first two days defending Carnival to people until my DH told me to let it go. It was funny...in general conversation, people would ask what lines you have cruised...when I would respond CCL, the faces I saw were just amazing...their eyes would glaze over or they'd screw up their mouths like they just bit into something sour. :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh, how rude! Really, I feel sorry for anyone so competitive and ill mannered to be asking those kinds of questions. They must not realize how transparent their insecurity is. Who knows what their lifestyle at home is, but from what I have seen of those with means, they aren't given to bragging or gauche interrogations of acquaintances to try to pin down their net worth. In any case, $ doesn't guarantee class.

After two solid weeks of that, I swore I'd NEVER complain about dancing waiters, hairy chests, and 300 pound men in speedos again.

LMHO!!! Sorry you had to endure all that. As much as I could do without the visual of a 300# man in a speedo, I too would prefer that over 2 weeks of rude questions and attempts at one-upmanship.

George Carlin did a routine once about peoples need to be "gold member" "VIP Member" etc etc etc. Call it whatever you want but if you give them a "different color card", and a roped off area just for them, and they are happy :)

Charge them $100 and give them $10 worth of crap for "Free" and they are happy.

Some people just love that feeling of one upsmanship no matter how trivial it is.

Would you expect the X crowd to say:

Carnival food is about on a par with X food, some is even better.

Carnival service is about the same as X service.

Carnival cabins are about the same as X cabins, just a little bigger.

Carnival shows are about the same as X shows.

Carnival passengers seem to be having more fun.

BUT WE HAVE TO PAY A LOT MORE!!!!!!! That makes X BETTER, doesn't it?????????????????

That would be silly to think that, now wouldn't it?

Dan

My two cruises on X had per diems that were on par with or lower than what I've paid on average on Carnival. It's a matter of finding the right deals on BOTH lines. Yes, my most expensive cruise was on X, but it was also 13 days long. It cost substantially less than my 14 day B2B on Carnival...

I agree with you about all the other points.

Shawnie,

I have to party with you sometime in the future. When I read what you did I spit coke all over my keyboard at work, that is the same thing I would have done. There was another time I had a real snooty lady, she did not like my response. Everyone else at the party did which really made her mad. Then I was asked to leave. Which I gladly did. Still to this day I can see the look on her face. If im having a bad day I think about it and smile.:rolleyes: The Nice Ted from Utah (just joking Tedjazz) but my name is Ted and I live in Utah.

My two cruises on X had per diems that were on par with or lower than what I've paid on average on Carnival. It's a matter of finding the right deals on BOTH lines. Yes, my most expensive cruise was on X, but it was also 13 days long. It cost substantially less than my 14 day B2B on Carnival...

I agree with you about all the other points.

Drew? Drew? Drew?

Shawnie,

I have to party with you sometime in the future. When I read what you did I spit coke all over my keyboard at work, that is the same thing I would have done. There was another time I had a real snooty lady, she did not like my response. Everyone else at the party did which really made her mad. Then I was asked to leave. Which I gladly did. Still to this day I can see the look on her face. If im having a bad day I think about it and smile.:rolleyes: The Nice Ted from Utah (just joking Tedjazz) but my name is Ted and I live in Utah.

Albacore,

Most people here would say you probably don't have to be very nice at all to be nicer than me, but then again I'm not too concerned about what most people here think of me. So don't worry, I probably make you look like a Saint (yes pun was intended). Happy Cruiseing :)

I've been on 41 cruises spread out over 5 cruise lines. The first time I went on Carnival was maybe 15 years ago and I vowed Never Again. It was a party ship, the food was abysmal and the service worse. My kids, however loved it. So I cruised RCI and X and my kids were less thrilled, often bored. So about 10 yrs later, in response to my kids begging, we went on another Carnival cruise and I LOVED it. Food, service, everything was excellent. I have 2 more Carnival cruises scheduled so far this year and have been Platinum since they first instituted Platinum.

That being said, some people are on this board (bashing Celebrity and RCI) who probably have never cruised on them or perhaps like me, cruised once, had a terrible time and decided that line was awful.

My favorite line IS Celebrity. I love the ships, service, food and entertainment. They don't, however, cruise out of Galveston or to the Mexican Riviera, so in those cases I'll choose Carnival very happily. When it comes to other itineraries, my first consideration in this economic climate is value. As long as Carnival is considerably less expensive than Celebrity, I'll cruise them every time.

It seems a shame when anyone has to paint an entire cruise line (whether it's CC or RCI or X) w/ a broad brush when they have never cruised on the line and are taking someone else's opinion as gospel, or have cruised once and decided that line stinks based on one shady experience (as I almost did w/ Carnival).

As for being asked what we did, I've had table mates ask that on most Carnival cruises as a matter of interest, not of snobbery. And I've never had anyone on any line ask me what kind of car I drove... not in 41 cruises.

Every line has it's cheerleaders and everyone is going to defend their favorite line. The way I look at it -- how bad can a cruise ship be if it comes close to selling out week after week. The ones that don't make money anymore will be retired and there are always new ones to replace them. Mean and rude staff (which I've still never come across) will be reported and eventually fired.

Everything works out in the end and I've yet to have a bad vacation when it comes to cruising -- is there really such a thing?

Btw, I'm cruising Carnival for the first time in December. I've heard the rumors as well and could hardly give a crap. I can't wait!!

Azz-holes come from all demographic groups. I'm mostly a RCCL cruiser(14), Disney(6), Celebrity(1-14day), CCL(1). The rudest group of cruisers was an RCCL Alaskan cruise. I don't know if it was the cool, damp weather or what, just a bunch rude snippy people on that cruise.

A lot of snobs,(many are "5 cent millionaires")are worrying about their job, investment account and how they are going to keep living the facade . Remember the old saying "don't make enemies going up the ladder of success because you might meet them again on the way back down".

Shawnie,

Serves you right for being on CC at work!!:D As for a party sometime in the future, bring it on!! :cool: I'm due for a good one again. I haven't been able to think about partying, alcohol, or showing my face in public for that matter since my infamous Vegas incident a year ago(don't ask, lets just say what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas when someone has a video camera and decides to broadcast it at a family wedding and on youtube(don't bother looking because it has been removed because or inapropriate material):D So as long as the party is outside the state of Nevada(I think I've been outlawed)we're good!!

Archived