best cave tubing company in Belize

shelby_36

We think we have decided on an excursion for Belize. We'd like to go cave tubing and I've recalled reading alot of reviews on this and who is best to book through. Who's the best.

5 people ages 8 to 43. (won't be able to combine with zip lining die to daughters age._

Cruising on Enchantment. Do we do cruise line or on our own?

THanks

We think we have decided on an excursion for Belize. We'd like to go cave tubing and I've recalled reading alot of reviews on this and who is best to book through. Who's the best.

5 people ages 8 to 43. (won't be able to combine with zip lining die to daughters age._

THanks

Check out this board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Seems like caving tubing dot com wins everyone's vote.

We just did the www.cave-tubing.com ATV adventure tour a few weeks ago. I asked them all about their cave tubing (they take as young as 5 years old). The guys were exactly where they said they would be at the exact time they said they'd be there.

The facilities were great. The guides were very entertaining. :D

I put the review of that excursion on my cruising with children blog...

http://www.cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com/

When we go back to Belize, we are going to do the caves with these guys, no doubt. The water was a little too cold for me this time of year. ;)

THanks

We were there on the Thanskgiving week Independence cruise and went with Major Tom. They run a very good operation and safety was always #1 with them. The guides were fantastic and made the trip out and back a lot of fun.

We did the combo zip-line and their website

http://www.****************/Cave-tubing-ZipLine.aspx

says as young as 4 years old for the zip line. They made everyone feel comfortable and even my DW went on it and had a great time and she doesn't like heights!

Do it with Major Tom at **************** They are a class outfit with safety first. Me, my wife and DS who was 6 at the time had a blast and would do it again.

Major Tom doesn't come close to Reggie's!

Just kidding. I'm sure MT is good also. Hard to beat what Reggie does.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just returned from a wonderful cruise to the Western Caribbean. Our day in Belize was spent with Yhony and his awesome crew doing cave tubing.

Besides feeling totally safe and secure with Yhony, we all had an absolute blast. The guides kept us all linked in several groups, yelling "butts up" when the water got a big shallow, and tugging us along when we needed a little help.

Yhony himself is an absolute HOOT! He kept us all laughing on the bus there and back.

For $5, you can enjoy an authentic Belizean meal of chicken, rice and beans (cooked with coconut milk). My daughter is after me to get the recipe. This meal, along with beer and other beverages, is served in a large palapa at the end of the cave tubing.

I can't say enough positive things about Yhony. I was a bit apprehensive, as I'd never been to Belize, and had certainly never cave tubed, but I am SO glad we went with him.

2 weeks ago we went with MAJOR TOM and had a fantastic time cavetubing! I would definately go with him again.

They were on shore waiting for us when we got there. Very good information on the bus going there and back, great info all throughout the jungle, stopping to show us different things and letting us try the sugarcane, termites, and telling us about the different trees ect.

If anyone needed any help with anything along the way, there were plenty of guides there to help. They were always asking if everone was ok and more than willing to lend a hand, and at the beginning told everyone that it was mandatory for everyone to wear the lifevests or else you wouldn't go. Very concerned about everyones safety.

We could also buy lunch for after tubing, or just beer or a soda. It was very relaxing after sitting there having a beer. It was very nice of them to stop on our way back at the store for us to purchase the cashew wine.

So yes, I am a Big fan of Major Toms @.net. Please don't assume as jonsmom said that .com wins everyone vote, because that is not true.

We went during the first week of March with Yhony and cavetubing dot com! We LOVED them; they were great, funny, kept us safe and on time! The caves are awesome and I'm so glad we chose to go with them; compared to some others I saw in the caves, we were tied to a guide at all times and our groups were smaller. I have pics and video if you want to see them, just let me know.

In Oct of 2006 we did the cave tubing with X-Stream cave tubing company. Don't remember the website, but you could google it. It was very popular on these boards at the time, but now I don't see much mention of them. Does any body know why this is? Anyway, we had a great time with them, and I would recommend them to anyone who asks. They didn't tie us up in little groups like some of the other companies do, we were free floating. But, the guide was right there at all times, watching over us like a mother hen. I'm not a brave person, and I can't swim, but I had a wonderful time.

Definitely do the cave tubing! We went last week with Coral Breeze and Ivar was our guide. They are easy to deal with and send confirmation e mails one week before. You pay a deposit and the balance at the end of the tour. It was everyone's favourite day. We were a party of 8 from age 9 -53 and it was a very easy day. The tours booked online are much better value, you'll get there before the big tour buses from the ship and will be in a small group. This tour also does more caves than the ship. The lunch after is a must, you'll be hungry and the food was the best all week (including the ship's food which was great!). We went in a small mini van and the trip out to the caves takes about an hour. Belize time is one hour behind ship's time but you'll get back with an about an hour to explore the shops at the port.

Wear a Tshirt over bathing suits and I would invest in a waterproof camera; the photos are once in a lifetime stuff. Don't forget bug spray, we didn't see any bugs but better to be safe.

Can anyone tell me which cave tubing company has the shortest hike to the caves?

also, do you wear your shoes while you are tubing? if you are getting wet, how do you keep your towel dry?

if anyone can help me I would be grateful

Can anyone tell me which cave tubing company has the shortest hike to the caves?

also, do you wear your shoes while you are tubing? if you are getting wet, how do you keep your towel dry?

Cavetubing.com has a LONGER hike to the caves since they go thorugh 2 caves instead of the usual 1. I'm not sure about the other companies.

You wear your shoes in the river, so make sure you wear shoes that can get wet.

Unless you have a water tight bag, just keep your towel in the bus and don't try to take it with you on the hike.

We went with cavetubing dot com and the walk (I wouldn't call it a hike) was only about 20 minutes and that wasn't even speed walking. It's really easy (my husband has a heart condition and he was fine). We wore sandals that have backs (by reef) and left everything else on the bus. They have changing rooms and restrooms there so you can change/dry off when you get back

We went cave tubing without a reservation - through XStream Tubing, it was by far the best excusion ever - and included a delicious lunch - the guide (PJay) was fabulous knew all of our names and took very good care of all of us! What fun, water is cool and clear and keep your butts up!

Have fun you can't go wrong with cavetubing!

Donna

Archived