Just Back From Sapphire Princess ...Absolutely Wonderful!

kooljamming

We got back to today and had a absolutely wonderful time. I will write a review later but just can't wait to share some highlights of our week.

Ship: Absolutely stunning. You will be amazed by the elegance but not overwhelm by it. I am one to rush to and fro, but this ship gave me a reason to slow down and take notice

Aft Cabin: A vacation within itself. I took lots of pics. Such an incredible feeling to sit and watch the waves, while enjoying a glass of wine and listening to a Let it Be on my ipod. We slept with the door open most nights.

Anytime Dining: I was a bit worried about this but it worked out great. I loved the flexibility and the different people we were able to meet. We were offered table for two most evening but had great conversations with others sitting next to us. For all the if and and buts not having a set time to eat, this helped with our overall enjoyment of our trip.

Food: Except for the first evening, all meals were fabulous. I enjoyed breakfast, a meal I usually skip. Dining at the different restaurants was a treat in itself. No homestyle on the menu but I would have rather it than the fish foo-foo thing I ordered the first night. I don't need fancy, I need tasty:p

Dancing: Oh yeah, this was fun. Thanks to a few of the ladies on the roll call, we rocked the boat, some nights in 3 inch heels. The 70 nights was a blast and something to remember.

Dressing Up: This seem to be a hot topic. Most everyone dressed to the tee on formal night. Many also did on smart casual night. I did not noticed many tuxedo and there were some guys with only shirt and tie. Like my DH, they might have taken the jacket off once seated. On the other nights, lets say there were tee-shirts and jeans in the main dining room.

Afternoon Tea: A true delight and fun.

Photos of Cabin: While waiting to disembark, I too several photos of the obstructed views cabin often asked about here. Some were a little obstructed, other quite a bit. I also took pics of quads and handicap cabins. This is to help anyone trying to choose a particular cabin. I asked and got premission to do this when passengers were gone. I will post a thread with a link to the photos.

Passengers: Some of the most delightful people I have ever met. Some I met while dining, other durning afternoon tea, and many on the dance floor.

Weight Gain: I think everything I ate after midnight landed in the stomach and went straight to my back.

Excursions: We did on our own. For $25 per person we grab a cab for a 4 hour city tour of PV and Mazatlan. For $35 per person we booked Whale Watching in Cabo San Lucas on line. There were a lot of whales present.

Kids Program: I inquired about this because we are booked with our kids for Alaska in August. The kids I spoke with seemed to really liked the program. The teen center had X-box, Wii, playstation. The other groups had crafts and games.

Internet Service: There is an internet cafe at the port in Matzalan. 15 minutes for $2. This might be a good time to check go through tones of emails.

As a first time cruiser on Princess there were things I loved and a few things I wished were present. After several cruises with RCCL and Carnival, several all inclusive vacations in Jamaica and Mexico, this week as been one of my most memorable. Princess still does crusing the way crusing was meant to be....at least in my book.

Any question, I hope I can help. Thanks to those who helped me.

Welcome Home!

Happy to hear you enjoyed with safe travel.

Mind sharing what cabin you had? I have an aft on the CB coming up in a few weeks.

Cheryl :)

Thank You

We were in E732. I have tons of pics from many different angles. The best part was being able to sit and enjoy the balcony even when it was windy on deck. It was private and the only cabin closeby was a suite.

Whoa! When I first looked at this I used the CB plans and E752 was a big fancy suite :) :) !!

I'm also in a BB Aft, only on Baja deck. I'm very spoiled by the vista class afts on HAL (prior to the aft lift), but I"m sure I will be happy with the size of this balcony also. It's all about the wake!

What can I say, I'm an aft girl ;-)

When I grew up or should I say when the kids grow up, if I can't go aft, maybe I won't go at all:D The ship is so beautiful, I would have enjoyed being anywhere on it.

Someone got left in PV and a passenger fell and had to be airlifted off the ship. I am not sure if the passenger made it to any of the other ports. As for the injury, a reminder for travel insurance.

Sorry to hear about the injury. I always recommend insurance, especially on a cruise where lots of stuff can happen. It's a wee bit different than parking on a beach for 7 days lol.

So, I see you're headed to Alaska this summer. You won't believe this, but there's a good chance I am going also. I always make one big trip in the summer, and this year I"m checking out Alaska cruises (I actually lived in Alaska for 6 months way back in 1989 working on the oil spill clean up efforts). Anyway, Alaska is amazing! You're going to love love love it!!! And your children are so lucky to see Alaska at such a young age. It is an inspiring trip.

Regarding aft........ when I booked this trip, I was in a BA on Caribe Deck. I kept checking cabin availablility and about 6 weeks prior to sailing, an aft opened and I pounced on it. So, technically I'll still sail anywhere....... but I'm positively Aft Prone :)

Glad you had a great time on your cruise. We (party of 14, ages 13-60) will be on the Sapphire in 3 weeks. I'm in a quad (E421) so will be very interested in seeing your pictures. Any info you can give about the ship will be much appreciated. Did people dress up for 70's night? Are there any other theme nights?

Can hardly wait to read your review.

Glad you had a great time on your cruise. We (party of 14, ages 13-60) will be on the Sapphire in 3 weeks. I'm in a quad (E421) so will be very interested in seeing your pictures. Any info you can give about the ship will be much appreciated. Did people dress up for 70's night? Are there any other theme nights?

Can hardly wait to read your review.

Seventies night was about the music in the disco. There is something about dancing to YMCA or Celebration:D There was a great band that does smooth R&B music by the name of Odysea in one of the lounges. If you get out on the dance floor others will feel sorry for you and join you. Maybe you provide the needed inspiration for other to get and move to the music. If you are doing Anytime Dining, there might be a wait on formal night if you don't have a reservation. We simply got a beeper and did our formal picture while we waited. They said the wait would have been 45 minutes, but we got in in 20 minutes.

Please try afternoon tea at least once:p Pics are currently loading on my computer.

Thanks for the review, we have B751 aft on april 4th. We have never been aft befor and would love to know more. What was the movement back there like. What did you think of the aft pool area. Thanks

There was more vibration than at midship but nothing bothersome for us. The aft pool is absolutely spectacular. You can lay on deck and the view the wake from the ship. It's very peaceful and if you are up early can enjoy the sunrise with your first cup of coffee. Before dinner we would go up to the bar and have a quite drink. Yeah, I have pics:D

Welcome home, Pauline! Glad you had such a good time on your first Princess cruise, and glad you got to rock the 3-inch heels! Inquiring minds have to know: What was the bad fish foo-foo thing?! Will want to make sure to avoid it on upcoming cruises . . . ! Can't wait to see your photos.

Welcome home, Pauline! Glad you had such a good time on your first Princess cruise, and glad you got to rock the 3-inch heels! Inquiring minds have to know: What was the bad fish foo-foo thing?! Will want to make sure to avoid it on upcoming cruises . . . ! Can't wait to see your photos.

It was a seafood pastry dish. It looked like a meat pie with a very overdone crust. Off the bat I realize it must have been a fluke. While I didn't expect gourmet, many had commented the food was quite good. They were right. The grilled pork chops in the Savoy...yummmy!

First pic...heels 3.5 inches. Just say I walked close to the rails on higher decks:D

2891288220101627832S200x200Q85.jpg

Glad you enjoyed your cruise......

Bob

Future: Emerald Princess Northern Trans Atlantic 09/09

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I'm glad you had a great time! We'll be cruising in less than 3 weeks with a group of 14, and we can't wait! We'll be in an obstructed view cabin on the Emerald deck, so we can't wait to see your photos! How was the weather? The inside/onboard temp? Any not-to-be-missed menu items? Thanks! :)

Hi Paulette:)

I second everything you said! Was a GREAT week at sea. My wife and I Loved meeting all of our CC group and sharing stories. So glad you got to use your Dancing Shoes! :p

Unfortunately its now back to reality for us, COLD, SNOW and WORK until our next Great Escape!!!!!

BOB:D

Hi Paulette:)

I second everything you said! Was a GREAT week at sea. My wife and I Loved meeting all of our CC group and sharing stories. So glad you got to use your Dancing Shoes! :p

Unfortunately its now back to reality for us, COLD, SNOW and WORK until our next Great Escape!!!!!

BOB:D

The only thing that's keeping me sane is knowing I will do this again in 6 months to someplace even more specular - Alaska. From all the dancing I realized, I am not 20 anymore, not even 30, heck not 40 either:D

I'm glad you had a great time! We'll be cruising in less than 3 weeks with a group of 14, and we can't wait! We'll be in an obstructed view cabin on the Emerald deck, so we can't wait to see your photos! How was the weather? The inside/onboard temp? Any not-to-be-missed menu items? Thanks! :)

The weather going out of LA was cool but warmed up nicely by Monday.

Must try items: the grilled pork chops in Savoy. Start you morning with a hot cup of coffee on the aft deck. If you believe in a higher power you will feel his presence, if not you will simply enjoy a glorious view. Oh, afternoon tea was a total delight. Check out the live band, Odysea. You can email me you cabin number or post it and I will check if I have a pic of your cabin. I tried to take as many without getting in the workers way. kooljamming@yahoo.com

2979890330101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

Thank you for the quick review! We are leaving in 4 weeks! How was the motion on the first and last day? (Yesterday there was a storm moving into LA.)

One day the sea was a bit choppy but never really bothered us. For us a little motion just reminds us that we are on sea not land.

You are going to have a great time!

The weather going out of LA was cool but warmed up nicely by Monday.

Must try items: the grilled pork chops in Savoy. Start you morning with a hot cup of coffee on the aft deck. If you believe in a higher power you will feel his presence, if not you will simply enjoy a glorious view. Oh, afternoon tea was a total delight. Check out the live band, Odysea. You can email me you cabin number or post it and I will check if I have a pic of your cabin. I tried to take as many without getting in the workers way. kooljamming@yahoo.com

Thank you, Pauline! We will be in E600...

Hi Pauline!

I'm glad you had a great trip. Reading your summary is making me very excited for our trip to AK. I am really looking forward to our 1st Princess cruise.

So, is afternoon tea offered on every ship? Sounds like you enjoyed it.

Can't wait to read your full review.

Archived