Why cheaper summer rates?

bigtoeswim'n

In looking at RCCL's web site, I see Radiance with rather cheap cruises in Jun, Jul and Aug. I thought those times were suppose to be the most expensive?? Do you think the cheaper price is bc May is "just around the corner" and they are trying to fill empty cabins?? If so, I wonder if prices will drop as Sept 2009 comes around on the Serenade. We are booked in Sep 09 for DH's work reasons.

Because of the economy, bookings are down 30-50% this summer (depending on who you're talking to), Princess has been having a fire sale on cruises and cruise tours, and cruise lines are getting nervous about filling their ships. There are already cheap deals and specials on hotels being offered. This is a good year to cruise to Alaska.

Also, since the majority of cruises are open jaw itineraries, the airfare is more expensive. You will notice that while lower than past years, the RT's are not reduced as much as the one way cruises. This is a great year to do Alaska.

Archived