Might be a silly question: ironing clothes on Pride

Nacwolin

I iron almost everything! From what I am reading, it sounds like there is only one iron and ironing board in each laundrette. Is that true, and if so, how crowded do these tend to be?

I also read that there isn't one on our floor :(. I don't mind using the stairs, but I am hoping I am one of the only "chronic" iron-ers on our cruise, HA!

Never ironed on a ship, just going on what I've read around here...

They tend to be pretty busy during formal night, but other than that, I'd bet it's not too bad. I would expect a crowd before dinner starts, but if you could get in there shortly after waking up to after lunch, I'd think you'd be good to go.

Then again, I'm just trying to give you a quick response to give you an idea. I'm sure someone will chime in soon!

Never ironed on a ship, just going on what I've read around here...

They tend to be pretty busy during formal night, but other than that, I'd bet it's not too bad. I would expect a crowd before dinner starts, but if you could get in there shortly after waking up to after lunch, I'd think you'd be good to go.

Then again, I'm just trying to give you a quick response to give you an idea. I'm sure someone will chime in soon!

From what I have seen, you are correct. The line gets very long on formal night. Go early in the day.

We were on the Miracle in December, a sister ship of the Pride, and found only 1 iron per launderette. I made it a point to do any ironing I needed done the afternoon of the first day. This left the remainder of the cruise for me to enjoy, and I was all set clothes-wise.

The cabin next to us sent all of their formal wear (2 adults/2 teens) with the Room Steward on the first day, and had it back the next day. Not sure what the $ for it was, but it freed up a lot of time for this mom of 2 (3 if you count DH !).

Enjoy your cruise - don't stress a wrinkle or 2.

Kathryn

I iron almost everything! From what I am reading, it sounds like there is only one iron and ironing board in each laundrette. Is that true, and if so, how crowded do these tend to be?

I also read that there isn't one on our floor :(. I don't mind using the stairs, but I am hoping I am one of the only "chronic" iron-ers on our cruise, HA!

If there is a laundry on your ship (some don't have them), then there is an iron and ironing board. Have a ball. Would you like to do mine?

Da Bear

there should be 2 laundrettes on every other deck. Each one has an ironing board and iron. If you wait to iron till right before dinner, there will be a line. However, many people don't realize that having the ship press your items is only 50% the cost of dry cleaning. On our last Carnival cruise, we sent out all of DH's evening clothes to be "pressed only" - his suit for formal night, several shirts and pants. They were all back next day and the total was about $25. If you don't like that option, Target sells and amazing travel steamer that is $24.99. Keep in mind that for safety reasons, irons are not allowed in the cabins, so if you choose to bring your own you must hide it or it will be confiscated.

I iron on every cruise. Just do it at a time when others aren't thinking about it. Morning, lunch, port day (if you're staying on ship) or after dinner when no one needs anything ironed. There were 2 per laundry room on the Elation and on RC.

On the Fantasy 2/2 cruise, I peeked into the laundry room because I've never had to use one, just curious. There were two irons and ironing boards.

From my experience, all the ships have had a laundry room on each deck of the ship, sometimes two.

I posted earlier but don't know what happened.

I don't iron anything except slacks once every 5th wash! All mu clothes are wrinkle free when I take them out of the dryer. I don't dry clean either. My dad owned dry cleaning/laundry businesses and I worked there from age 10 to 18.

Why would anyone want to iron on a cruise??

The laundry rooms on Pride are located in the following places:

Riviera across from cabin 1219

Main across from cabin 4230

Upper across from cabin 5270

Empress across from cabin 6102

Verandah across from cabin 7267

The laundry on Main deck is small and has only one washer and two dryers, One ironing board and iron.

The other rooms should have two boards that fold out of the wall. One board blocks the entrance door and can easily go unseen when folded away. This may account for why so many see only one iron and board.

there should be 2 laundrettes on every other deck. Each one has an ironing board and iron. If you wait to iron till right before dinner, there will be a line. However, many people don't realize that having the ship press your items is only 50% the cost of dry cleaning. On our last Carnival cruise, we sent out all of DH's evening clothes to be "pressed only" - his suit for formal night, several shirts and pants. They were all back next day and the total was about $25. If you don't like that option, Target sells and amazing travel steamer that is $24.99. Keep in mind that for safety reasons, irons are not allowed in the cabins, so if you choose to bring your own you must hide it or it will be confiscated.

Bad Bernie! :eek:

Don't say that anymore.

It's a SAFETY hazard. Don't bring it at all.

(as most things in life...if you have to hide it, you shouldn't be doing it!)

Why would anyone want to iron on a cruise??

My thoughts exactly as I read this thread !

Leave the everyday drudgery at home and RELAX. :cool:

No one will judge you if you don't iron every single piece of clothing you put on, cause were not gonna iron our stuff either.

I like to have my clothes ironed too and once used the ships iron, I should have checked it over first, had something on it that stuck to my slacks, ruined them.

I also sent my black dress to be pressed only, for formal night, it came back just before dinner (they had it for 2 days) and it was covered in white powdery stuff. I was not happy but nothing they would or could do in 15 minutes.

Now I bring a steamer and if it doesn't come out with the steamer then I just don't worry about it.

Bad Bernie! :eek:

Don't say that anymore.

It's a SAFETY hazard. Don't bring it at all.

(as most things in life...if you have to hide it, you shouldn't be doing it!)

the person was asking a question, I was letting them know that it was a safety hazard. I didn't encourage it, and I posted other options as well.

C'mon now....don't even think about it!:( You want to be frantically trying to find a lifeboat?

I am more worried about the smokers falling asleep with their still-lit cigarettes than I am about someone with an iron. And I did advise that it was a safety issue.

Thanks for all the input, folks. Believe me, I plan to relax. And funny as it sounds, having pressed clothes helps me do that (I know, I know, what can I say...a bit of OCD :p).

I will use what they have in the laundrette. I did like that Princess had 3 or 4 ironing stations in each laundrette. The "iron everything the first day idea" is a great one - I may just do that :D.

The ships we have been on there is only 1 per laundry room. If there is someone using it go to another one. There is usually two on each floor. We never had to wait though.

Archived