How long can you stay on the ship the day of disembark?

I posted earlier about disembarking in Miami but flying late afternoon out of FLL. How late can we stay on the boat? We are not in a hurry to get off the Majesty.

you can't hear the disembark announcements in the cabins and IIRC they want you out by around 9 or 9:30 so they can get ready for the next cruise

I've stayed on as late as 10:30am or 11:00am. It All depends on how fast they clear the ship through customs.

I posted earlier about disembarking in Miami but flying late afternoon out of FLL. How late can we stay on the boat? We are not in a hurry to get off the Majesty.

You have to be out of your cabin by a certain time. I believe 8 am. You can go to the windjammer and eat and we usually go sit by the pool and wait for the crowds to leave rather than stand with everyone else in the stairway.

I've stayed until the very end...and people watched, that's always fun and then I've been one of the first one's off...it all depends on how I feel the morning I am departing...I am always issued white tags, so I get to decide...it's nice when you get off late, because there is never a problem finding my bags, they are the only ones in the white group.

But I am willing to bet you were anxious to get on the Majesty the preceding week. :) No one will rush you off the ship, but common courtesy indicates that you should try to get off the ship by a reasonable time so that the next group of cruisers can board. There are lounges where you can wait in reasonable comfort or you can sit up on the pool deck until the debarking crowds diminish but please don't hold up the process unnecessarily. You might want to look into one of the shore excursions that the line offers which will fill the time between disembarking and getting to the airport for your flight. The excursions will take you and your luggage on an interesting trip and deliver you to the airport when the tour is over.

Thanks, everyone, for some ideas. We will plan to get off and not make it tough on the staff! How do we get a white tag to get off whenever convenient? Do they do self disembark like Carnival does? This is our first RC cruise-have been on 4 cruises on Carnival. We will just have carryon bags.

Archived