best grand suite on serenade?

beyoung

I am getting ready to book the serenade for next april and see that 1600 is open, usually we jump on the aft suites if they are available but from looking at the deck plans it looks like it is smaller than the others, any recommendations on the best grand suites? I love lots of space (there are three of us) and a big balcony.

thanks!

Only Aft Cabins we have seen are thru friends who had one, # 1600 is a corner aft and by the chart, a Grand suite is 358 sq ft with 106 sq ft balcony, that should be more then enough room. Friends had a family suite on last cruise, and there was a separate bedroom in theirs for additional people.

Both 1554 on the hump is open and 1600 aft. I have never sailed Royal so I don't know what the benifits of the concierge club are and if being near that is better than being aft.

We've sailed in both more than once...it's really a tough call. We love the view from the aft, but also love the elongated hump balcony...our trip next year is hump again...both are fab cabins!

Have not had 1554, but have had 1600 on two occasions. Personally, we enjoy 1600, but it is a cabin you either like or you don't..........It is very quiet back there. ;) It is a unique floor plan. Also believe it is among one of the larger GS on the ship.

Bruce

I hope to be able to get our 1st hump cabin next cruise. What is so wonderful about cruises, there are room locations to please everyone. My personal feeling about aft Cabins, is the distance one has to walk. Just the Radiance class alone, you have over 400 feet to the Centrum if staying in an aft cabin. Ship is 962 feet long. Granted it would be great exercise. :)

that is good to know about the hump, I was reading that the cabin next to you can look directly into your balcony, I know all balconies are truly not private (cameras etc) I just don't want to feel like I am in a fish bowl.

we had a mini suite on princess once that I absolutely hated as everyone above you could look straight down on your balcony.

Both 1554 on the hump is open and 1600 aft. I have never sailed Royal so I don't know what the benifits of the concierge club are and if being near that is better than being aft.

Have to say I have never had nor seen 1600. My vote is 1554!! I stayed on it in January and it is awesome! It is the only grand suite with windows all across the balcony. The location is Awesome! The view is Awesome. It is directly across from the Concierge Lounge:D, stairs and elevator, and one floor up to pool and Windjammer. We sat on our balcony (which is huge) and enjoyed listening to the Grand Piano (in the Royal Suite next door) every evening before dinner. There was no noise issues and very quiet...in other words, it was PERFECT!

We have had a GS on the port side on our last two cruises on the Serenade. We like the proximity to the centrum and forward elevators and being close to the awesome cappucino machine in the concierge lounge. People can look down onto part of the balcony of 1600 from the Windjammer fairly easily.

I have heard others rave about 1600 as well. I can honestly say that I have never had a bad cabin on an RCI ship. Go with what means most to you. Also remember that as great as the view is from an aft balcony, the Serenade's intineraries are very port intensive. You generally only get one sea day and sail from ports just an hour prior to darkness in April. 1600 also only has the sliding doors for natural light, whereas the side GS locations have another set of floor to ceiling windows the same size as the slider.

Eric

Corner afts are great, as others have said previously. We are booked in 1554 for a Panama Canal trip on Serenade in November. Our friends are booked in 1600, so we'll have both bases covered !!:D

Our friend looked into cabin 1600 on the Jewel, and was a bit turned off by the unique layout. In fact, he had thought about moving. But to have both views covered for a trip though the Canal is more than worth the risk.

Good luck with your decision.

Have to say I have never had nor seen 1600. My vote is 1554!! I stayed on it in January and it is awesome! It is the only grand suite with windows all across the balcony. The location is Awesome! The view is Awesome. It is directly across from the Concierge Lounge:D, stairs and elevator, and one floor up to pool and Windjammer. We sat on our balcony (which is huge) and enjoyed listening to the Grand Piano (in the Royal Suite next door) every evening before dinner. There was no noise issues and very quiet...in other words, it was PERFECT!

Was the concierge lounge loud? What about that thing I read that your neighbors look directly on to your balcony?

I am so torn... not such a bad problem to stress over though lol-

The concierge is on the opposite side of the ship. It is just a short walk across to enter. Honestly, I never passed anyone walking past my door other than the cabin attendant (although I know they did, just didn't hear or see them).

As far as privacy...the balcony is very long and if you stand at the far right hand side, you can see forward balconies on the ship. We couldn't see anyone while sitting in the two chairs or the two lounge chairs.

You won't go wrong with either cabin. I probably would have chosen 1600 if it had been available, but it wasn't. Enjoy!!!

thanks for all your help- I have 1600 on hold until my husband comes home and can look at photos of both, he thinks we should go for the aft one as I love aft, but he loves coffee so the lounge may sway him. I am blessed that this is my biggest dilemma of the day lol

Check out the cabin selection tips board. It has threads discussing both GS 1600 and 1554. I beliee there were even links to photos of each suite.

Most people absolutely loved 1554 because of the balcony doors. The concierge was quoted as saying that 1554 was her favorite suite.

We have a GS (1030) on the serenade for Alaska in July! We can't wait!!

We had 1554 for Alaska and there were privacy issues with the left adjacent cabin if you keep your curtains open too far and like to sit on the bed looking out toward the balcony at the scenary! Several times we had the next door neighbors standing on their balcony and would see them looking into our room. Maybe they were just peepers... :)

When we realized this was happening on a regular basis, we kept the curtains partially closed. It was fun being next to the Royal Suite. We did have fun socializing with them during various balcony watching events.

Many thanks to all. My husband and I reviewed all the photos last night and have decided to go with 1600. It does look like the hall is a waste of space but I do so love aft so hopefully we made a wise choice, of course I wont find out for over a year, two more in front of me first but I always like to have something to look forward to.

Thanks for your input!

Archived