MDR seating-What would you do?

zetachi

We just got off the Indy 6 day and had requested a large table so we could meet other folks. We were myself (42) DW (mid 30's) DS 7 and DD 3. Well we got our wish and got a large table, by the window , with a great staff...only problem is they sat us with a women @ 50 with her DS 17, DS 22 and their cousin 16 and her mother @ 70. Which would not have been a big issue but they only showed for dinner once.

We did not want to change tables but I wonder if we would have asked would they have sat some other family with us? or would they not have moved the other family even though they never showed?

We just got off the Indy 6 day and had requested a large table so we could meet other folks. We were myself (42) DW (mid 30's) DS 7 and DD 3. Well we got our wish and got a large table, by the window , with a great staff...only problem is they sat us with a women @ 50 with her DS 17, DS 22 and their cousin 16 and her mother @ 70. Which would not have been a big issue but they only showed for dinner once.

We did not want to change tables but I wonder if we would have asked would they have sat some other family with us? or would they not have moved the other family even though they never showed?

Boy, that family must have thought you guys were real losers...only showing up once for dinner. ;) :D.

Boy, that family must have thought you guys were real losers...only showing up once for dinner. ;) :D.

ROFL funny thing was they were down the hall from us on deck 9 and we saw them quite a few times and were very friendly.

ROFL funny thing was they were down the hall from us on deck 9 and we saw them quite a few times and were very friendly.

I'm glad you have the sense of humor that sometimes makes these boards fun. Yea, I wouldn't have given a second thought to asking about the possibility of being moved. The only thing they could have told you is that they couldn't accommodate the request. But from what I've read on these boards, they seem to try to accommodate as much as possible.

That's what I get for reading to quickly. I see you really asked about them moving another family to your table. I think that would have been only possible if the family that was there had informed the head waiter they were giving up the table. Then they would have done it only if another family would have requested a move.

I think we would have loved your situation. While I understand the pleasures of a large table and meeting new people... we have had some wonderful table mates... I still prefer dining with my family at our own table. And you got a large table to spread out at and a window also! I think you got a good deal on this one.

...no one shows up!

We've had great expereinces with traditional dining, being seated with great people with whom we've made fast friendships. We've also been assigned to tables where people either (A) prefer to eat in the Windjammer (B) wanted the other dinner time and got switched © prefer to eat at the specialty restaurants or (D) spied us from across the room and instantly determined we were not suitable dinner companions.

We tried MyTime Dining on our last cruise. I thought it would be like breakfasts in the dining room, where you could show up whenever you wanted to and you'd be seated at a table with other passengers. It isn't. And while I was initially disappointed, I ended up really liking the flexibility and the extra time. (Eating with a smaller group takes up a lot less time.)

Archived