How many at a table in dining room?

Quick question. DH and I are travelling on FOS in September. We have a total of 14 of us, maybe 16, in our group. Will/can we be at one table in the main dining room?

I believe the largest table is for 12. I would go for 2 - 8's next to each other, and mix and match the seating. Tell your dining steward your plans on the first night.

Quick question. DH and I are travelling on FOS in September. We have a total of 14 of us, maybe 16, in our group. Will/can we be at one table in the main dining room?

When we were on the Liberty OTS, which is a sister ship of the Freedom, the largest table we saw was 12, which we were assigned. You should be able to arrange 2 8 tops or 1 6 top and an 8 top depending how many end up traveling. In addition, make sure all your reservations are linked so you can be assigned together.

Gregg

Trust me, you don't want a table for 16 even if you could. Even a 12 person table is too big if you want to converse with everyone. You'll be much better off getting 2 8's handled by the same waiter.

Keep in mind that if you keep changing seats or worse tables, your waiter will have a tough time remembering your requests, etc..

We were a group of 12 traveling in January and we were at one of the large tables but it would have sat 14.

I did want to recommend the two smaller tables. I didn't care for being at such a big table. It was very hard to have a conversation and include the whole group.

On our last cruise on NOS in nov, there was 14 of us and we had two 8's. It worked out great. RCL sat the parents at one table for 6 and the young adults, ages 14 to 21 at the other table for 8. We sat with the young adults the first night. The second night we sat at the parents table and my brother and his wife sat at the young adult table. And the same for my sister and brother in law and then my mom and dad. It was great fun.

We had a table of 14 before too..but I doubt you will get one for 16 and I agree with everyone else it would be way too crowded anyway.

Go for 2 tables and table "hop" on different nights if you have the same waiter. We had 2 tables last cruise but 2 totally different waiters and they were not the same caliber and thus tipping was going to be an issue so we stayed put and didn't get to switch around. That's ok, we opted out of most of the nights and went to Chops/Portofino and had the tablemates just as we wanted...

We had a table for 14 on Liberty of the Seas in December. It was in a little alcove off the main dining room deck 5 and it actually ended up being perfect, I would consider asking for this location again!

Because of the alcove we could all hear each other, the toddler had a place to play on the floor that wouldn't annoy anyone, and we could still see everything going on in the main area!

Archived