General info for Star Princess- Alaska

kkstexas

I am taking my family (including a 3yr old) in June on the Star Princess and we booked a mini suite. We have selected the early dining room for eating. Our ports are Junea, Ketchican, Skagway.

I am overwhelmed with the dining options. Can we order room service for breakfast/dinner? Do we eat in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch too? Is the menu great? Also, in the main dining room, how is the food and is there a good selection?

Does anyone know that hours that I can have my daughter stay in the kid's program? Is it everyday?

Any advice/suggestions are so greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts!

You can order room service for any meal but a tip is expected.

You receive a menu in the dining room and can select from multiple items. You can have anything on the menu. You have the option of eating any meal at the buffet. Even with traditional dining there is open seating for breakfast and lunch in the dining room. Most people eat those meals at the buffet.

A child must be potty trained or a parent must stay with them. I do not know the hours.

I am taking my family (including a 3yr old) in June on the Star Princess and we booked a mini suite. We have selected the early dining room for eating. Our ports are Junea, Ketchican, Skagway.

I am overwhelmed with the dining options. Can we order room service for breakfast/dinner? Do we eat in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch too? Is the menu great? Also, in the main dining room, how is the food and is there a good selection?

Does anyone know that hours that I can have my daughter stay in the kid's program? Is it everyday?

Any advice/suggestions are so greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts!

You have a choice of the buffet or dining room for all meals (and several other additional cost options for dinner). You also have the grill and pizza open at least during the afternoon. You can order room service (limited menu) 24 hours a day. I always enjoy the menu/food selection on Princess. Don't know what the kids program hours are--I think they are usually 9-12 AM, 2-5 PM and 7-10 PM, with late night babysitting until 1 AM (for a reasonable charge). The kids program requires that your daughter be potty trained. My youngest daughter (8 YO and about 10 Princess cruises under her belt) has always enjoyed the kids program. My older daughters enjoyed them also but are now well past that age.

I would suggest anytime dining for parents with young kids. You go when you are ready. You never know when a kid is going to be up to a long dinner (even if they speed up the service, it may try a young kids patience). If you do anytime dining, you can decide on any given night whether your daughter is up to dinner in the dining room. If not; she can eat at the buffet, grill, pizza or room service--and you can have a relaxed dinner after the kids program opens. If she is up to dinner in the dining room, you should be able to get a table with little/no wait when the anytime dining room opens. If you stick to early assigned dining, you will have to dine with your daughter anytime you want to eat in the dining room--the kids program won't be open/an option when your dinner time comes.

We did the Mexican Riviera with a 5, 7 & 9 year old. They all loved the children’s program and went there as much as possible. There were a few nights the children could stay through dinner and go to dinner with the program counselors. I don’t know if they still do this, but our children all wanted to go eat with the other children.

We ate in the main dining room only 1 or 2 nights. It just takes too long for dinner in the main dining room, especially after the children are tired from a port day. The rest of the time we ate at the buffet or grill. This worked well with children.

We are cruising again this summer on the Star Princess and will probably take more meals in the main dining rooms as the children are older now.

We have selected the early dining room for eating. I am overwhelmed with the dining options.

Can we order room service for breakfast/dinner? Room service menu is very limited. Breakfast would be continental breakfast items + juice, milk, coffee. Can also get sandwiches, hamberger, and a couple of salads.

Do we eat in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch too? One of the main dining rooms is open for breakfast and for lunch, no reserved seating. Hours are limited, so be sure you do not arrive too late.

Is the menu great? Also, in the main dining room, how is the food and is there a good selection? Food opinions vary from person to person, but most agree that the food is from good to excellent. There is a good selection each meal. If something comes and you really do not like it, ask for a different item to replace it.

See above

Archived