Weird Carnival Victory Route?

mariemorgan

If I am looking at southern caribbean cruises in January 2010.

You have 2 choices for the Victory. You either get on in San Juan or get on in Barbados.

How can they do this? If the sailing leaving from San Juan is full.. how can it let people on in Barbados and vise-versa?

7 Day SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN from $399 Ship: Carnival Victory Departs: San Juan, Puerto Rico ,Sunday

Itinerary: Southern Caribbean: San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; Dominica ; Barbados ; St. Lucia, WI ; Antigua ; St Kitts, WI ; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Select Sailing Date: 2010 Dates:

Jan 3, Jan 10, Jan 17, Jan 24, Jan 31

7 Day SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN from $683 Ship: Carnival Victory Departs: Barbados ,Wednesday

Itinerary: Southern Caribbean: Barbados ; St. Lucia, WI ; Antigua ; St Kitts, WI ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; Dominica ; Barbados Select Sailing Date: 2010 Dates:

Jan 6, Jan 13, Jan 20, Jan 27

Hmm.. but to make that work.. wouldn't they need to keep cabin's open etc.. cause the same amount of cabins would not be used from each port each time.

like if 10 cabins got off in barbados and 15 cabins got on. I guess i'm just trying to figure it out.

Maybe they only let a certain amount of cabins per port book or keep a certain amount opened?

If I am looking at southern caribbean cruises in January 2010.

You have 2 choices for the Victory. You either get on in San Juan or get on in Barbados.

How can they do this? If the sailing leaving from San Juan is full.. how can it let people on in Barbados and vise-versa?

7 Day SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN from $399 Ship: Carnival Victory Departs: San Juan, Puerto Rico ,Sunday

Itinerary: Southern Caribbean: San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; Dominica ; Barbados ; St. Lucia, WI ; Antigua ; St Kitts, WI ; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Select Sailing Date: 2010 Dates:

Jan 3, Jan 10, Jan 17, Jan 24, Jan 31

7 Day SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN from $683 Ship: Carnival Victory Departs: Barbados ,Wednesday

Itinerary: Southern Caribbean: Barbados ; St. Lucia, WI ; Antigua ; St Kitts, WI ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; Dominica ; Barbados Select Sailing Date: 2010 Dates:

Jan 6, Jan 13, Jan 20, Jan 27

not a whole lot of people get on in barbados, maybe a couple dozen. how exactly carnival works it out, don't know. i think i'd rather board in barbados and have san juan as a port instead of just a jump on and jump off spot. people love barbados, i just wasnt too impressed. bad thing is i can never find a direct flight. not sure if i want to make a milk run in that part of world. love the people, just not sure if i'd trust the planes.

A lot of European Charter Air companies (especially in Great Britain) offer once weekly flights to Barbados. This allows passengers the option of boarding in Barbados, taking a week cruise, and flying home the next week on the charter.

Hmm.. but to make that work.. wouldn't they need to keep cabin's open etc.. cause the same amount of cabins would not be used from each port each time.

like if 10 cabins got off in barbados and 15 cabins got on. I guess i'm just trying to figure it out.

Maybe they only let a certain amount of cabins per port book or keep a certain amount opened?

They have a set # of cabin available for pax boarding in Barbados, its the same cabins each and every week. You can do a fake booking and it will show you the cabins available, for the Wed-Wed Barbados cruises

About 3-4 years ago, they also boarded pax in Aruba.

There are a few Barbados boarding reviews floating around.

If you didn't love Barbados, you didn't do this.

As for this being a "weird" route, somehow Carnival makes it work and that's all that matters.

On the March 1, 2009 sailing from San Juan you can have a 4G for $469*. Get on at Barbados on March 4, 2009 and a 4C will run you $743* and the Fun Saver IS is $1769*.

Not sure why there would be such a high additional cost for basically the same cruise.

Not sure why there would be such a high additional cost for basically the same cruise.

Supply and demand, there are fewer cabins available to those that want to board in Barbados. Most who do this also stay before and after the cruise or actually live in Barbados and would rather not fly to San Juan AND waste a port day in Barbados. They can arrive in San Juan, get off the ship at 9ish and not have to get back on until 8:30

Hmm.. but to make that work.. wouldn't they need to keep cabin's open etc..

'cause the same amount of cabins would not be used from each port each time.

Local Barbados cruise consultants told me awhile back

that Barbados is usually allotted 20 cabins for Barbados boarding.

They have it figured out, don't worry.

Like someone aid, it's not a huge amount of people who board here at Barbados.

And for those who think flying in to Barbados

is some kinda Mickey Mouse deal..

you need to know we have a very modern airport and runway

with nav lights the whole nine yards,

and international multi-engined flights in and out every day of life.

Barbados is not St.Vincent, okay?

I think we have something like 12,000 ft. of runway

with zero altitude probs.(mountains!) at either end.

- One of the safest in the world.

So safe it's dull.

American Airlines flies here all the time

Most who do this also stay before and after the cruise

- or actually live in Barbados and would rather not fly to San Juan

Precisely.

Barbadian residents/citizens book up those twenty Victory cabins in a hurry, often well ahead of time.!! ;)

also maybe the dates work better for some people? like wednesday to wednesday? not sure, but i guess it never hurts to offer this option. Several companies offer this on world cruises, long voyages, and tranatlantic cruises.

We are going on this cruise, but leaving from sanjuan in april! We cant wait! We live in orlando, and we have a nice direct flight to sanjuan on jet blue.

My wife and myself will be boarding Victory in Barbados on 21 October for the seven day cruise;

we fly to Barbados from London UK on the 18th

and have three days in Barbados pre-boarding.

And soon enough this will be the two of you strolling Rockley Beach on the South Coast!

Rockley-037.jpg

Archived