Silly outlet question

bliss_fully_happy

Jewel - AC catagory - How many outlets are there in the main cabin of the room?

thanks![/quote

I don't know for certain in that category, but when I was on the Jewel in October (#10644), there was just one outlet. I was SO glad I brought a power strip!

Not to highjack your thread but I also have an outlet question and figured it 's easier than opening yet ANOTHER thread.

My DH and I both use CPAP machines (for sleep apnea). How difficult will it be to get us both "plugged in"? We're sailing in on the Jewel.

Thanks (and sorry to OP)

Not to highjack your thread but I also have an outlet question and figured it 's easier than opening yet ANOTHER thread.

My DH and I both use CPAP machines (for sleep apnea). How difficult will it be to get us both "plugged in"? We're sailing in on the Jewel.

Thanks (and sorry to OP)

It would be helpful to know what category of cabin you are in.

Did anyone want to comment about the AC catagory and outlets? Please? I have a similar situation as the second poster. I plan on taking a powerstri[, but am still curoius what I am working with.

I think you're either going to need a power strip on a pretty long cord (4-6') or an extension cord for the power strip. And a nightlight to mark where the cords are in the middle of the night.

• 1 month later...

Somebody asked about getting a power strip or extension cord from the room steward -- bring your own. These aren't very expensive, they may come in handy at home, and you don't want to be without one! These days it seems like everything needs to be plugged in, and you will wonder how you did without it!

Since this is a "Silly Outlet Question"

Here is a "Silly Answer"

Bring extention cords, for extra outlets

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

11 Humidifier

12 Chanukah Bush Lights

Do they have power cord available on the ship? Is it possible I might be able to get one from our steward?

They might, but I would still take one. Simple household powercord weights but a few ounces. It would work just fine for anything other than a hair dryer.

If you take along a worldwide travel 110/220 universal adapter kit (sold in places like Radio Shack) - you should be able to unplug the hairdryer & tap into and use the round plugs (vs. the standard US polarized blade type 2/3 plugs) - giving you 2 sources of power at the desk/dresser, including at least 1 power strip for the amazing collection of electric gadgets that most of us take along on trips & vacations. (Hint: the mini-frig & TV also use the same style of plugs commonly found in European/Asia countries)

As for the power strip, if you got oversized or bulky adapters for charging cellphone, batteries & other electronics, plan accordingly or get a good one that's spaced out/designed specific for using all the available plugs - as Murphy's law meant you often end up 1 too little/not enough to get all the gadgets connected to juice up. You will find them at Walmart, Target or Radio Shack & Home Depot, a little bit more expensive but well worth it.

Thank You for the response. We have 3 women in the same cabin. We are going to have power strip connected to power strip to plug in all the curling irons, steamers, cameras, phones, ... Not so sure we are taking a crock pot, but my sister won't live without a fan.

Since this is a "Silly Outlet Question"

Here is a "Silly Answer"

Bring extention cords, for extra outlets

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

11 Humidifier

12 Chanukah Bush Lights

Okay derf, you've got my curiousity waaaay up!! What do you use the crock pot for? Or should I ask? lol

Thank You for the response. We have 3 women in the same cabin. We are going to have power strip connected to power strip to plug in all the curling irons, steamers, cameras, phones, ... Not so sure we are taking a crock pot, but my sister won't live without a fan.

i would be very careful about "daisy chaining" power strips. you shouldn't have to plug everything all at once. but if you must be close to the mirror, i would use and extension cord, then the power strip, but when you are done, disconnect the extension cord and plug the power strip back into the 110V outlet.

it's just precautionary measures.

Okay derf, you've got my curiousity waaaay up!! What do you use the crock pot for? Or should I ask? lol

It's not a Crock pot it's a Crok pot. For cooking alligators I catch off of the balcony using a bungee cord.

Archived