New latitudes perk list on NCL Site

big green

it improves their bottom line. The old benefits really showed that they care about you. The welcome basket, the use of Cagneys, the delivery of food each night, these really showed concern about you as a passenger(it was the same benifit as a suite passenger). the new benefits the behind the scenes tour(something that used to be free btw) and a special wash and clean(worth about $20 but as part of the wash it has minimal additional cost). the Cagney s and food delivery cost more.

It is part of the reason that the compass rewards were done away with. All bottom line issues. Loyalty of course has it own rewards and I do love NCL's product. My next cruise already scheduled is my 14th. The one perk that I really found useful was the Cagney's breakfast and lunch and that I will miss. I consider myself lucky as I has the use of it 3 times.

As far as I have seen there is no evidence that the use of Cagney's for breakfast and lunch perk is gone...it hasn't been reported anywhere yet has it? It was never included on the list of benefits, and actually varied a bit by ship in the past. I'm hopeful that it will stay in place. :)

As far as I have seen there is no evidence that the use of Cagney's for breakfast and lunch perk is gone...it hasn't been reported anywhere yet has it? It was never included on the list of benefits, and actually varied a bit by ship in the past. I'm hopeful that it will stay in place. :)

from your mouth to the Almighty's ears.... :)

But Gold included VIP perks which included Cagneys and the food delivery...the same service as the suites....

it improves their bottom line. The old benefits really showed that they care about you. The welcome basket, the use of Cagneys, the delivery of food each night, these really showed concern about you as a passenger(it was the same benifit as a suite passenger). the new benefits the behind the scenes tour(something that used to be free btw) and a special wash and clean(worth about $20 but as part of the wash it has minimal additional cost). the Cagney s and food delivery cost more.

It is part of the reason that the compass rewards were done away with. All bottom line issues. Loyalty of course has it own rewards and I do love NCL's product. My next cruise already scheduled is my 14th. The one perk that I really found useful was the Cagney's breakfast and lunch and that I will miss. I consider myself lucky as I has the use of it 3 times.

What are you smoking these days. The special treatment you got including Cagney's and treats each night had nothing to do with Latitudes but were in fact tied to the fact you were on the VIP list. Next you will tell people you got invited to the POAM Christening because you are gold.

But Gold included VIP perks which included Cagneys and the food delivery...the same service as the suites....

Never has never will. The old list. Please point out where Cagneys or daily treats was part of the program :confused:

Gold Level – Onboard benefits are received during a guests’ 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th cruise

·Access to Latitudes customer service

·Complimentary subscription to Latitudes, a quarterly members-only magazine

·Exclusive Latitudes pricing on all sailings

·The added enjoyment of Polo Club benefits when sailing on Orient Lines’ Marco Polo

·Priority check-in

·Latitudes ship pin

·Latitudes onboard liaison to answer your questions at sea

·Members-only cocktail parties hosted by the Captain

·Tasty treats delivered to guests’ stateroom twice during their cruise

·VIP service, which includes:

- Priority boarding

- Welcome basket

- Priority disembarkation

- Invitation to the Captain’s cocktail party

We got the basket and food plates delivered because of GOLD status but never the Cagney's breakfast or lunch. It appears from what others have said to have varied and not been tied to Lattitudes.

"treats each night had nothing to do with Latitudes"

But, time2cruise, I am sure the food was because of Lattitudes, I've never been any kind of a VIP other than recently acquiring gold status. In fact, the welcome basket is listed on the old list whereas Cagneys is not.

We got the basket and food plates delivered because of GOLD status but never the Cagney's breakfast or lunch. It appears from what others have said to have varied and not been tied to Lattitudes.

"treats each night had nothing to do with Latitudes"

But, time2cruise, I am sure the food was because of Lattitudes, I've never been any kind of a VIP other than recently acquiring gold status. In fact, the welcome basket is listed on the old list whereas Cagneys is not.

Agreed. The welcome basket and treats a few nights were part of the program. Beyond that it was up to each ship what they elected to do. Creating a false expectation that Cagney's was an entitlement and now lost is just wrong.

What are you smoking these days. The special treatment you got including Cagney's and treats each night had nothing to do with Latitudes but were in fact tied to the fact you were on the VIP list. Next you will tell people you got invited to the POAM Christening because you are gold.

I got invited to the POAM christening because my city councilman was chair of the waterfronts committee of the NY City Council. I took his invitation and crashed the party. I wasn't on the list....

PS I don't smoke. :)

hey NCL if you are listening and I hope you are...is there some plan to annoy your loyal cruisers? We are in a recession most travel companies are seeking to reward the long term loyal customers, as we are more likely to cut something else out than cruising. Why go out of your way to annoy us? First the BofA program, then a "new improved" latitudes 2.0 which is not an improvement....is this deliberate? have you decided that we aren't your targeted audience?

but then who is? have you told the travel agents what you are looking for?

Sid Meyer....

hey NCL if you are listening and I hope you are...is there some plan to annoy your loyal cruisers? We are in a recession most travel companies are seeking to reward the long term loyal customers, as we are more likely to cut something else out than cruising. Why go out of your way to annoy us? First the BofA program, then a "new improved" latitudes 2.0 which is not an improvement....is this deliberate? have you decided that we aren't your targeted audience?

Sid Meyer....

This is what happens when you break one of the 2 primary rules for CEO.

Never make an accountant your CEO !

The other rule

Never make a lawyer your CEO :D

I wish the folks at NCL could post because VP Shipboard Operations Klaus Lugmaier as well as several of his HD's have told me more than once that gold or platinum was never a ticket into Cagney's for B & L.

If I, like smeyer, was invited there it was because someone had put me on the VIP list. Even the person who organizes the Meet & Greet is sometimes put on. Again, depends on HD or ship.

If a particular ship has room, the HD has discretion to put anyone he/she wants to on the Cagney's list. Possibly with 10-20 cruises under their belt, someone has gotten to know some of the key team. They may be put on the list but it is not inherently because they are gold or platinum.

Many false expectations have been built up on this board from incorrect info about this. Friends of ours who are gold were mightily disappointed that they were not given the Cagney's pass on the Dream last summer. They had been given that privilege on the Pearl. Who knows why. Someone got them on VIP. Nothing to do with their being gold.

So we can debate about the welcome basket, the treat or cookie but to blame NCL for taking away something that was NEVER part of the progam is just not right.

Sid Meyer....

It may be down to the itineraries we choose but what suprises me about cruising still is the number of non repeat passengers there are on many of the cruises we take.

I think Fred Olsen had the higherst no of repeater on any cruise we have done.

I think I have been on one NCL where they had to split the latidudes party into two events due to numbers.

I feel contrary to what we might like to believe that the cruise lines are still totaly dependant on NEW customers to survive and very few repeat cruisers are actualy brand loyal 100% anyway so are more focused on other factors like price,ambiance and itineraries.

The repeat passenger business is important but to attract the newcomer they have to price well and the smart repeat passenger still looks at the price not the perks.

Would be interesting to know the numbers

How many sailings are more than 25%,50%,75% latitudes and how many are gold/platinum where the cutbacks have been made.

Another factor could be that there are a lot of people close to moving to gold making the costs escalate.

What has suprised me(if the NCL guys are listening) is why there has not been a UK campain to attract the passengers that were loyal to Ocean Village(2 ships) which is closing down this year, they offered the closet thing to Freestyle in the Carnival camp and NCL should be able to grab the business ther eis nothing else for them to go to, so many will migrate to the Thomson fleet. The NCL UK office marketing should be leading this.

What has suprised me(if the NCL guys are listening) is why there has not been a UK campain to attract the passengers that were loyal to Ocean Village(2 ships) which is closing down this year, they offered the closet thing to Freestyle in the Carnival camp and NCL should be able to grab the business ther eis nothing else for them to go to, so many will migrate to the Thomson fleet. The NCL UK office marketing should be leading this.

I have seen no NCL marketing in the UK at all.

:confused::confused::confused: now that I am silver on my way to gold, I lost my 2 tasty treats and I looked forward to the fruit basket, which are both gone!!! I also was on the Jewel recently and I didn't see the fruit selection as mentioned on the freestyle 2.0 page, is that in certain room catagories???

I wish the folks at NCL could post because VP Shipboard Operations Klaus Lugmaier as well as several of his HD's have told me more than once that gold or platinum was never a ticket into Cagney's for B & L.

If I' date=' like smeyer, was invited there it was because someone had put me on the VIP list. Even the person who organizes the Meet & Greet is sometimes put on. Again, depends on HD or ship.

If a particular ship has room, the HD has discretion to put anyone he/she wants to on the Cagney's list. Possibly with 10-20 cruises under their belt, someone has gotten to know some of the key team. They may be put on the list but it is not inherently because they are gold or platinum.

Many false expectations have been built up on this board from incorrect info about this. Friends of ours who are gold were mightily disappointed that they were not given the Cagney's pass on the Dream last summer. They had been given that privilege on the Pearl. Who knows why. Someone got them on VIP. Nothing to do with their being gold.

So we can debate about the welcome basket, the treat or cookie but to blame NCL for taking away something that was NEVER part of the progam is just not right.[/quote']

It is clear to me now. The times that I have been given the privilege to dine in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch( when I wasn't in a suite), was when I was a group leader OR put on VIP ( which I never realized). I guess from reading incorrect information here on the boards, I though it was a platinum perk. I am grateful for the times I was given the privilege. Klaus spoiled us when we were on the Pearl and I guess we assumed it would always be like that on every ship. That royal treatment really keeps you coming back!

Why are so many people upset about the new perks? I don't see it...

It is clear to me now. The times that I have been given the privilege to dine in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch( when I wasn't in a suite), was when I was a group leader OR put on VIP ( which I never realized). I guess from reading incorrect information here on the boards, I though it was a platinum perk. I am grateful for the times I was given the privilege. Klaus spoiled us when we were on the Pearl and I guess we assumed it would always be like that on every ship. That royal treatment really keeps you coming back!

its also not true. I was told that it is a gold and plat perk and the decision to do it on any cruise is made at the home office. The concierge told me as I was prepared NOT to get it on my last cruise. if you were getting it as a VIP perk the VIP service was previously specifically included in the list for golds and above.

The reason I am upset is they removed the whole VIP issue from Golds and above. You can believe what the others say about it but it was my understanding it(Cagneys lunch and breakfast) was part of the Golds and above the home office removed it for a while(without notice) for some period and then put it back in and now appears to have removed it again permanently. If NCL is listening/reading and its otherwise I will be happy to hear it but as I said it comes from a concierge...I am also not thrilled about BofA....and it does mean that I will probably try another line...

because VIP treatment for gold and plat. has gone away--that is why--not everyone stays in suites.

Big Green

because VIP treatment for gold and plat. has gone away--that is why--not everyone stays in suites.

Big Green

I do not always stay in a suite either. The ONLY thing I see that was taken from Platinum is the Captain's cocktail hour( which will be suites only)... never has it been written that we would dine in Cagney's. I was mistaken when I wrote that on my list of things that were taken away. I was always on VIP ( with NO suite), I guess and never knew. If it was an unwritten perk that everyone received then I guess they really aren't eliminating it because it was never really stated anywhere. When you mean VIP treatment what is it that was specifically taken besides the Cagneys and the Capt. cocktail (which I can see)?

Will this take effect immediately? Or will those of us that have already booked still receive the lattitudes benefits that we were looking forward to?? I would think that by changing the lattitudes offers AFTER you have already booked would open up a BIG can of worms for NCL.

Will this take effect immediately? Or will those of us that have already booked still receive the lattitudes benefits that we were looking forward to?? I would think that by changing the lattitudes offers AFTER you have already booked would open up a BIG can of worms for NCL.

Why would it open a can of worms ? They gave use the old perks even though we were booked already. Latitudes benefits have nothing to do with your cruise contract. The perks are nothing more then good will at NCL's discretion.

Archived