20 days till our first cruise what should we be doing?

We only have 20 days till our first cruise. Does anyone have a time line of things we need to do in order to be completely ready for the cruise? I just want to make sure we dont leave anything undone. Any help on this is much appreciated!

Thanks,

BbAaSsSs

A few things I do at about the 3-4 week mark:

• Check in on-line! You can do that now if you haven't already.

• Research your shore excursions and either book them with the ship now or book them with outside vendors, but my recommendation is to book them in advance. Now is a great time to do that.

• Arrange for how you will get to the airport, or reserve your airport parking.

• Hold your mail or arrange for someone to pick it up for you while you're gone.

Hope this helps! I'm sure others will add more!

I have a list of things to pack or remember to do. As I think of things I add it to the list. I also make copies of the confirmations for hotel, transportation services, airline flights, etc and put one copy in my carry on and another for my children.

We only have 20 days till our first cruise. Does anyone have a time line of things we need to do in order to be completely ready for the cruise? I just want to make sure we dont leave anything undone. Any help on this is much appreciated!

Thanks,

BbAaSsSs

What ship are you going on and what itinerary?

We have a cardboard box we call our Cruise Box and put it next to the entrance to our Kitchen.

Every time we think of something we want to take it goes into the box.

If it is something we use often we put a note not to forget it into the box.

Pack a battery powered travel clock. The staterooms do not have them. Bring some binoculars. Charge your cell phone, camera battery, iPods, laptops the night before you leave. If you are flying remove any liquids from your carry on over 3 oz. That includes deodorants too. Put those items in your checked luggage. Amounts 3 oz and less have to be separated into one quart size plastic bag for Security screening. Whatever you do know where your Passports and photo ID's are and keep them safe until you need to present them at the cruise terminal. You can get on board if you forget your cruise tickets, credit cards, cash or your traveling companions but if you lose or forget those two items you will be waving goodbye at the pier as the ship sails without you.

I'll let others continue with their suggestions.

Start cleaning out your fridge/freezer. Don't forget to contact the news paper, post office, etc. when you are closer to the date. And don't forget to take care of your pets. Also, it's a good idea to call your credit card company to let them know you are going in case you need special access in a foreign land.

Begin dropping clothing into your suitcases to see what you need, and then remove about 50% of what you've packed.

Just enjoy being giddy about going:p

You should be annoying your friends, family, and coworkers with talk about your upcoming cruise!;) Some people just don't understand and need to be told over and over again!

You should be annoying your friends, family, and coworkers with talk about your upcoming cruise!;) Some people just don't understand and need to be told over and over again!

Have you done your DOC dance, that take a few minutes

Whatever you do prior to any other vacation, do it for your cruise, too! It's really no different from any other vacation you've taken away from home!

Don't forget to turn off the water to your washing machine, if no one will be home---should the hose break, the water will run until it's turned off....

Stop your paper and mail---call your paper company and tell them to stop delivery.

Go to the post office and get a "Hold Mail" card---they'll hold your mail until you return.

Pay any bills that will come due during your time away.

Pack

Have fun!

Call your banks to let them know that you will be traveling and using the credit card so they will not freeze your account thinking it was stolen. ;)

Make sure you have enough prescription medications for the trip... And please pack this on your carry-on. :p (Also, pack over-the-counter medications, including something for sea sickness)

Archived