New ships vs. older ships

Beachylady

Are the newer class of Freedom ships really better for less vibration and rolling for those of us who do not like the rolling, etc. on the older vessels. Has anyone sailed on Independence or Freedom and noticed a difference compared to ships like Monarch or Majesty? Just got back from a Monarch cruise and my cruisemate (first timer) was not comfortable with the rolling, etc. due to heavy winds. Thanks fellow cruisers.

Just remember, if the seas are rough, no matter HOW large the ship, you're going to feel it! In the whole scheme of things, even the biggest ship is pretty damn small compared to the ocean! You're basically a "cork" floating on top!

Are the newer class of Freedom ships really better for less vibration and rolling for those of us who do not like the rolling, etc. on the older vessels. Has anyone sailed on Independence or Freedom and noticed a difference compared to ships like Monarch or Majesty?

In my experience, yes, you get less sea-turbulence.

But that being said, if the weather is bad enough, you can still feel it.

We sailed on Independence and you could still feel some movement, after all, you are on the water. :D The times when we have had rough seas, we felt a lot of movement on smaller ships like Radiance. To the point that you could not walk without falling to the side. At night our tv came forward on its stand because the ship was battling 50' waves. It was horrifying to me. :eek: But I realize that it all depends on the seas.

Archived