Bennie And Cruiserccl Our Trip On The West Coast Mariner!

Good Day Chris......Spiritually I think I was there with you...your review was AWESOME...we set sail Easter Sunday. i do have a couple of questions for you.

1.did they let passengers bring water bottles on board?

2.where was your meet and mingle? were there any appetizers?

Angela from California

I can help Angela, Bill and I brought a case of water, 16 cans of Diet Pepsi, Not Coke Guys, and 10 cans of Red Bull. We put the Red Bull in Zip Locks, One other cruise one pop opened so Zip Locks are good. We also bring our own pillows from our bed, Much better sleep. The M @ M was in the VC at Ellington's, Deck 14 and yes there was Munchies and Gifts from RCCL.

Hope this helps.

Have a great cruise, waiting for my next one May 31st. Watch the time, it goes by so QUICK. Sit back and enjoy!

Mike

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting such a GREAT review! I have been reading some reviews from other cruiselines/ships that sail the same route, and they have said that the first and last days (between LA and Cabo, and the return) are extra rocky and alot of people were seasick.

We really want to go on Mariner, but are concerned about the "rocking and rolling". Did you notice it being extra rocky?

Thanks!!!

Unless there is really a big storm, there is very little motion in my opinion. I haven't been on this large of a ship before, but have cruised to the Mexican Riveria numerous times and never had any problems.

Hey Chris,

Awesome reveiw, I could not think of nothing you did not say, I hope RCCL gets a copy, like you said, Many, Many people were very disappointed that since this was the inagural cruise of the first BIG ship on the west coast, they could have done " Something Special ".

For the people that see this " KID " writing this reveiw, you need to meet him, He is quite the SMART YOUNG MAN who knows more about cruising and RCCL then anybody that I have met or read about. The joke around the ship is that he will not be the Next CD, He will be running the company by the time he is 30. Keep your dream alive Chris and lets keep going forward to let RCCL know that we are positive with their product. Keep posting and can not wait to see more pictures. Talk to you over the next 9 months and looking forward to being with you and your family on the Oasis, INAGURAL........Let's hope they will do something special for the Launch.

Talk to you later

Mike

Mike,

I think Chris will hit his mark before 25...for those parents who have teens they should take notes from this young man!

Janice

Mike,

Did you have to put the Pepsi in your checked baggage or did you carry it on?

Judy:)

Hi Judy, I feel quilty since this is Chris' thread, but he a Great YOUNG MAN, ON to your Question......................

Checked baggage. We live 30 minutes south of the pier so we cushion all of the fluids with our " STUFF " and have never had a problem. If you try booze...Sometimes they take it and sometimes you can get it thru. Water on the ship is $2.00 so it is well worth taking. Remember, if something pops open, you might have a lot of wet clothes, that happened once so that is why Zip Lock bags are a must. If you fly in, bring an extra suit case, stop at the store and do the same. Remember, ship baggage handlers are not like the Airports. They seem to be nicer to the bags.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the wonderful review Chris! We will be sailing Mariner in July, and I really wanted to hear how the cruise was. As for not making the inaugural special, I have to wonder if this is a "Cut-back" measure the lines are taking. We were on the inaugural to Hawaii (Princess-Oct 1st to 15th) and they did nothing to celebrate that either. And like many on this cruise, we were very dissapointed with that. I agree with you...I think they could make a lot of money if they marketed the inaugurals correctly. Anyway, I am soooo looking forward to our cruise, and you have helped out with a lot of questions I had.

I guess he's tired!

Well i wasnt feeling good yesterday and then the video i was making the timing got all messed up and then going through more than 1,500 pictures and like 100 videos and trying to pick the right ones to share with you guys its actually hard work! :D

Well i wasnt feeling good yesterday and then the video i was making the timing got all messed up and then going through more than 1,500 pictures and like 100 videos and trying to pick the right ones to share with you guys its actually hard work! :D

I can relate to that Chris! Hard work is an understatement!!!

Our 15 day Hawaii cruise I had to edit down my 10 thirty minute videos discs and hundreds of pictures to one 75 minute video! Plus I did it while learning a new software program.....I was almost pulling my hair out.

This cruise I only used 3 - thirty minute disc's and took about 50 pictures. So it will be easier.....just now going through the disc's and will watch them tonight.

Good luck with your video and pictures, can't wait to see them!!! :)

[quote name='Cruiserccl']Well i wasnt feeling good yesterday and then the video i was making the timing got all messed up and then going through more than 1,500 pictures and like 100 videos and trying to pick the right ones to share with you guys its actually hard work! :D[/quote]

Totally understand being busy (and not feeling well)....but, do you think you'll go back thru the past 2 pages and answer any questions that you can answer? Just wondering. Hope you're feeling better soon!

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Savoy. ;)[/quote]
What was i thinking! LOL! I think i was talking about on the Voyager! :D

[quote name='takeavacation']I'm just curious....did you have your own room -- or did you share with someone? And -with RCL being so strict on booking your kids either next door or directly across the hall--- how did you end up on a totally different deck than your parents?

Glad to hear that you had a good cruise! Sounds like fun!![/quote]
I had my own cabin. When you book the rooms just book someone 21 or older in each cabin then when you board just rearrange and get extra keys for the rooms you will now be staying in. Hopefully you got all that if not please let me know.

[quote name='lauraapp']What kind of gifts did you get in your room? Any special Diamond gifts? Are they still giving baseball caps?[/quote]
I got a small backpack thing. Some people got beach towels but the rest of my family got those baseball hats. :D

[quote name='Daycare Provider'][SIZE=5]Good Day Chris......Spiritually I think I was there with you...your review was AWESOME...we set sail Easter Sunday. i do have a couple of questions for you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]1.did they let passengers bring water bottles on board?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=red]I didnt see anyone but ive heard you can.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]2.where was your meet and mingle? were there any appetizers?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=red]Up on deck 14 the main bar area up there. And there were a few snacks. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Angela from California[/SIZE][/quote]

[quote name='RCCL_NVcruiser']Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting such a GREAT review! I have been reading some reviews from other cruiselines/ships that sail the same route, and they have said that the first and last days (between LA and Cabo, and the return) are extra rocky and alot of people were seasick.

We really want to go on Mariner, but are concerned about the "rocking and rolling". Did you notice it being extra rocky?

Thanks!!![/quote]
[COLOR=black]Ummmmm well i thought it was actually a very smooth ride except on the last day when we had some very small rocky areas but the fog was extremely bad! [/COLOR]

[quote name='klfhngr']Chris,

Regarding the Mexican Night Party, was it a buffet late at night on the night you leave Puerto Vallarta? That is one of the funnest nights, I've heard that they possible done away with this, can you confirm?[/quote]
It was at like 11 at night and it was GREAT. :D

[quote name='joyfulmarsh']Hello Chris! Can you please tell me which night was the so-called (more like late evening) Midnight Buffet on the Lido Deck?[/quote]
It was late at night like 11 and it was on day 4 i believe. Will be posting Compasses VERY soon! :D

[quote name='mtu_huskies']Thanks for the review Chris! Do they still play the song Love Today before the shows? I know they did a year ago when we were on with Drew Devine, but I suppose it could change based on the cruise director of the ship.[/quote]
I thought of that song when i was on the Mariner and i even got to a show extra early to listen but they didn't play it! At-least on the night i got there early!

I appreciate everyone's nice comments! If you thought this was good just wait till you see what i have planned for the Oasis! (and if you do know shhhhhh) It was GREAT meeting everyone and talking with all of you guys through-out the cruise! I look forward to sailing with you guys in the future! :D Now Royal Caribbean if your out there do you need a teen advisor?

[quote name='takeavacation']Totally understand being busy (and not feeling well)....but, do you think you'll go back thru the past 2 pages and answer any questions that you can answer? Just wondering. Hope you're feeling better soon![/quote]
Did i get everything?

Chris........we were on the one night pre inaugural........with Rancher Dave and Bennie.

What a wonderful thing to be able to have something going around all of RCCL cruise ships........the keep the spirit alive.........from a young man......that is full of life.

I thoroughly enjoyed your review of the Mariner........and I thought that you have placed a couple of negative comments right where I noticed them as well. Good eye, and the idea that RCL did not really promote this cruise..........well...........just a big mistake on their part.

So......the only other thing that I can say is.........I got to hold Bennie for a short time, while Adam needed to do something.

Maybe you can start a group ..........of........who has held Bennie!

Rick

I am on the June 7th Mariner sailing and all of the information given has been a great help in my planning, and definitely enjoyable to read. I don't remember reading if the past guest reception is still happening and if so what day & time it was. If anyone knows I would appreciate this info. Thanks!

Steve

Archived