This is probally a stupid ???? But here goes

mom2boys97

How many cruises do you have to go on to get into the past guest party? And is it by invitation only? This will be my 2nd cruise thats why i ask. I too just want to experience all i can if its there for me lol... Thanks in Advance...

How many cruises do you have to go on to get into the past guest party? And is it by invitation only? This will be my 2nd cruise thats why i ask. I too just want to experience all i can if its there for me lol... Thanks in Advance...

Yes you will be invited on your 2nd cruise. The invitation should be delivered to your cabin and if it is not check at the purser desk.

You will be a "Past-Guest" on your second cruise.;)

You should receive an invitation from your Steward.

Drinks, Hors d'ouevres, updates, pins, etc.

I remember going to my first one, and they were trying to find who had the most cruises. The winner had 7, and I was like, "Who goes on 7 cruises?" :confused::eek:

The past guest parties are much larger now than my first one on my second cruise in 1998. Its much like the captains cocktail party, waiters walk around with trays of different drinks and ho'rs devors (sp?) but sometimes people kind of mob the poor guys with the drinks! Its all free so its a free for all!

So, I've been on two past Carnival cruises - both were 4 day so there was no past guest party. My next cruise is in May on a 7-day cruise. Will I be invited to the past guest party or do I have to have a past 7-day Carnival cruise??

So, I've been on two past Carnival cruises - both were 4 day so there was no past guest party. My next cruise is in May on a 7-day cruise. Will I be invited to the past guest party or do I have to have a past 7-day Carnival cruise??

You will be invited to the PGP.

Here's a tip: They have 3-4 different drinks they carry around on a tray. You don't have to drink those. You can order something else.

Waiters walk around with trays of different drinks and hors d'oeuvres

but sometimes people kind of mob the poor guys with the drinks!

Its all free' date=' so [b']its a free-for-all![/b]

And people are so 'desperate' for a free drink? :cool::eek:

I remember going to my first one, and they were trying to find who had the most cruises. The winner had 7, and I was like, "Who goes on 7 cruises?" :confused::eek:

We just got off the Liberty a few weeks ago. And at the past guest party they announced that one of the guests had been on 48 cruises with them. They showed every Carnival Cruise ship on a slide and told me to clap if they had been on the ship. Some people actually clapped when the TSS Mardi Gras was shown. This was Carnivals first ship in 1972.

Now they ask, "How many have over 100 cruises?"

"How many have over 50 cruises?"

"How many have over 20 cruises?"

"Over 10?"

"Over 5?"

"How many on their FIRST CRUISE?"

Thats the largest group, the non-invited "guests!"

Dan

If you have been on one cruise with the company let them know when you book. After one cruise you are a past guest with the same ship. Have fun.

Some people actually clapped when the TSS Mardi Gras was shown. This was Carnivals first ship in 1972.

The Mardi Gras was still in the Carnival fleet until the early 1990's so there are a few of us still around that sailed on her.

Archived