Final Payment Due Date

Embracedbylife

Hi, I have a question. We have made our deposit on our booking and the total amount is due by April 1. Anyone know what happens if we don't make our final payment until April 3 or 4? Does the booking automatically cancel if payment is not made by the full payment due date?

agree, final dates can't extended, you cold take a chance though and hope that computer does not get around to it until after that, but by then you would be 74 or 73 days prior to sailing and would probably lose the deposit amount, if it cancelled on the 2nd or 3rd before payment received. Is the final payment date actually 75 days prior to the sailing(if the cruise is one that has an applicable date of 75 days prior ) or is this a ta booking with a leeway in that date? (some ta's allow a couple extra days, to process that .

We didn't use a TA. I booked it directly with Princess. Worse case scenario I guess i'll pay the whole thing and then lose 20% if we have to cancel after April 1st and before the next cancellation window! Perhaps I'll call princess on the 1st if we still don't know for sure. Waiting for hubby's vacation to be approved, and they don't release vacation approvals for the year until April 1! Crazy!

We didn't use a TA. I booked it directly with Princess. Worse case scenario I guess i'll pay the whole thing and then lose 20% if we have to cancel after April 1st and before the next cancellation window! Perhaps I'll call princess on the 1st if we still don't know for sure. Waiting for hubby's vacation to be approved, and they don't release vacation approvals for the year until April 1! Crazy!

FYI.........as of now your cruise is still wide open.

No problem -- my recent final payment was due february 24th, 2009 and i had my ta make arrangements with princess for final payment for march 8th, 2009 to fall on next months cc billing period.. Received confirmation from ta and princess. Final payment will be made on march 8th, 2009. Have made this same kind of arragngements for final payment many times in the past when final payment was due near the end of a month.

There's no way to know by asking on here as everybody just posts anecdotal stuff and the "they'll cancel" posts are not worth any more than the "they won't" posts. Only Princess knows for sure. They'll extend deposit due dates (they have for me in the past) so I can't imagine they wouldn't extend final payment due dates when you've already got money on a booking. Here's my worthless anecdote: not only did they not cancel my cruise when I forgot about the final payment due date, they actually telephoned one week later and reminded me about the payment. By the way, I'm not at all suggesting you just blow off the due date like I did (inadvertently in my case)! I think there's a good chance you'll get an extension if you explain the situation -- it may not be for more than a few days but it sounds like that's all you need. Good luck!

Archived