Easiest embarkation port?

I have always cruised out of my home port in galveston. Thinking of expanding my horizons and trying a new port. Plan on flying, so I was wondering the easiest port to get from the air port to the cruise terminal?

Thanks,

Tammy

To get to Port Everglades from Fort Lauderdale is only about 10 mins or so.

We have cruised out of Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Tampa.

Ft Lauderdale was the easiest to get to from the airport, yet, we found was the most inefficient at embarkation.

Tampa was terrific. Easy as can be....

Miami... well,.... is just Miami... a Zoo! But, that being said... they do an amazing job getting so many people in and out of there on a weekend day!

Catrin

I think the one of the easiest ports is New Orleans or Honoulou. With both of these ports the cruise line will be waiting at the luggage terminal to transport you to the ship. The worse was Port Canaveral.

I think the one of the easiest ports is New Orleans or Honoulou. With both of these ports the cruise line will be waiting at the luggage terminal to transport you to the ship. The worse was Port Canaveral.

After the Ike Conquest where we were dumped in New Orleans, Im pretty hesitant to try that port again. Took about 4 hours to disembark, a nighmare. I admit they were not expecting us, but left a bad taste for that port in my mouth. I will try it again next December and see if it improves.

Port Canaveral.Not the closest to an airport but they have the emarkation and debarkation process down to a science.

The shuttle to and from the airport runs the price up enough, that unless folks want the hassle of renting a car, most would say not this port unless you are driving in? Its expensive to shuttle from Orlando to the coast.

I've only sailed out of Port Canaveral, Tampa, and Miami. I would say that Tampa was the best Embarkation port. It's also pretty awesome to sail under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge (I think tha't the name of the bridge.)

Port Canaveral.Not the closest to an airport but they have the emarkation and debarkation process down to a science.

Anytime we have cruised from Port Canaveral, we have rented a car. Since FL does not charge one way drop off fees, you can usually get a car for $30. But the embarkation proces there can be kinda a nightmare. One time I went out of there, the Glory was late getting back into port. The traffic in the area was jammed up and the car rental shuttles were having a terrible time getting back and forth. We waited for shuttle after returning our rental car for about 45 minutes and it took another 30 to get dropped off (should have been a max 10 minute ride). Then because they were running so far behind, they stopped setting up people's S & S accounts at check in. We had to go to the dining room and stand in another line to set up our on board accounts. It was such a mess. It just seemed that the area and the terminal could not handle the amounts of people they were processing. I know that they ship was a little late getting in, but it was a cluster all around.

I sailed out of Port Everglades for the first time recently and thought it was a great port. Short distance from the airport with a convenient shuttle. Both embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. On and off the ship in less than 10 minutes. From the start of boarding to Lido deck with a Fun Ship Special in hand about 10 minutes. And from the time our number was called to debark to getting into a taxi with our luggage also about 10 minutes. Seemed very smooth and organized.

Miami is just Miami - never had any real issues there....but they just process a lot of people on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. For the number of peeps they process, they do a pretty fantastic job.

Misty

I live in Jax, have only sailed out of Jax BUT....

Jax Airport is about 15 minutes from the port. We got there at about 11:10am and we were onboard by 12:15ish. Time went really fast waiting to board.

Just thought I would add that... sorry I can't compare to the other ports.

Ft Lauderdale does give you the best choice of other ports ...Eastern and Southern Caribbean.:D We take the Cruise Connection bus from our city, but like others have said, the airport is close since you are flying in.

Archived