Solstice Class Aft Cabins

jaz33

Hi everyone.

We are thinking of booking on the Eclipse out of Southampton next year. Does anyone have any experiance of the Aft cabins on the Penthouse Deck (1668-1676)?

Any comments etc would be appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Hi everyone.

We are thinking of booking on the Eclipse out of Southampton next year. Does anyone have any experiance of the Aft cabins on the Penthouse Deck (1668-1676)?

I can't help with these specific cabins as I'm not in one until later in the year, but the following post by bob278 is useful for comparing the sizes and locations of those aft facing C1s:

Based on this view of the aft and judging only on balcony sizes, I group the aft C1s in 3 categories. Check the width of the balcony wall on either side of the cabin door.

genericEQaft-vi.jpg

Widest balconies:

2152, 1674, 1206, 9382

Mid-sized balconies:

2157, 1676, 1670, 1407, 1208, 1202, 9303, 9307, 9378

Smallest balconies:

1672, 1668, 1405, 1409, 1204, 1200, 9301, 9305, 9380, 9376

Your choices all have about the same size balcony. We were in 1204 and know that it was noticeably smaller than 1202 and significantly smaller than 1208. The smallest balconies are not bad, it's just that the difference in the three sizes is just noticeable. I would pick 9380 as it is closer to the center but any of the three would be good cabins.

If you click on the little blue box with the white stripe next to bob278's name at the top of the post it will bring up the whole thread where it was discussed.

Oh and greetings to my true home county:)

Phil

Hi everyone.

Hi Ian & Tracey

WE have just booked cabin 1666 on the Penthouse Deck, the balcony appears to be a good size as it is a corner suite (S1 grade).

This will be our first cruise on one of the Solstice class ships, although we have cruised twice before on INfinity and Summit.

Which cruise are you going on? We are doing a Baltic cruise at the end of June.

Karen & Steve

Thanks for this :) We've decided on 1674. First time in an aft cabin. Take care from Gods own County :)

Out of interest, when we booked this earlier we were warned that all the aft cabins got the sun all day. She said if we were looking for a balcony that gives some shade, then not to choose these.

That'll do for me:D:D

Karen

Hi Ian & Tracey

WE have just booked cabin 1666 on the Penthouse Deck, the balcony appears to be a good size as it is a corner suite (S1 grade).

This will be our first cruise on one of the Solstice class ships, although we have cruised twice before on INfinity and Summit.

Which cruise are you going on? We are doing a Baltic cruise at the end of June.

Karen & Steve

We booked 1666 on the May 15 cruise out of Rome. I'll post pictures when we get back so you can see the view, the room (with the poles?) etc. I'll also do the review on the thread collecting info on Soltice cabins.

Annette

Just got off Solstice (March 1 cruise). First cruise where we did not have aft balconies. We opted out due to reports of soot, smell, privacy and the deck size issue.

Noticed it is easy to spy on those balconies from above.

The rear bar area always smelled... not 100% sure but I think it was the ships exhaust. (and partly pipe/cigar smoke from a smoking area nearby)

We booked 1666 on the May 15 cruise out of Rome. I'll post pictures when we get back so you can see the view, the room (with the poles?) etc. I'll also do the review on the thread collecting info on Soltice cabins.

Annette

HI Annette

I got a bit confused for a minute, as on May 15th, she will be in St Petersburg Russia.:confused:

Then realised you must be referring to Celebrity Solstice.

We have book suite 1666 on Celebrity Eclipse:)

But still look forward to seeing your photos of the suite (including the poles!!!) Have only seen pictures in the brochure, but know what you mean about the poles!

Karen

How is the noise factor in the aft cabins especially on the Resort Deck?

The Resort deck has "private verandahs" as all below are exposed. I have been reviewing threads since the Solstice maiden voyage and only 1 made mention of any extra noise which obviously was isolated.

Out of interest, when we booked this earlier we were warned that all the aft cabins got the sun all day. She said if we were looking for a balcony that gives some shade, then not to choose these.

That'll do for me:D:D

Karen

Just came off the Solstice (2/22 sailing); had aft cabin #9382. No noise, no smell, no soot, no intolerable sun (just lovely sunsets), no nosy upstairs neighbours. Only if you stand at the rail are you observed; your chairs/table are outside the doors and in privacy. This is one of the larger balconies (3 glass panels -- they're in a lateral row). There were aware of complaints about these aft cabins from this board, but we did not have any reason to be anything but happy with our choice.

Just came off the Solstice (2/22 sailing); had aft cabin #9382. No noise, no smell, no soot, no intolerable sun (just lovely sunsets), no nosy upstairs neighbours. Only if you stand at the rail are you observed; your chairs/table are outside the doors and in privacy. This is one of the larger balconies (3 glass panels -- they're in a lateral row). There were aware of complaints about these aft cabins from this board, but we did not have any reason to be anything but happy with our choice.

Thanks for that Carole

I was just slightly concerned by the 'soot' mentions.

I don't mind how much sun we get, the noise doesn't worry me, nor the privacy issues, I do hope however, there isn't a large smoking above us, as that would really give me the hump:D

WE are on the Penthouse deck, so we do have the Resort deck 'shielding' us from the goings on the Lido deck!!:p

Karen

Many thanks for all your responses. We will be booking 1674 on the cruise for 24th July 2010. Too early to get excited yet LOL. The room has been held for us until Friday while I check prices. :)

We were on the Solstice Feb 1, 2009 cruise. We were in aft cabin 1407 on the sky deck. No problems with the aft cabin at all.

Our only "issue" was the distance from the stairs/elevator. if we ever book a cruise on a Solstice class ship again, it won't be an aft cabin just due to the distance. Believe me, I'm one who doesn't mind the exercise - we NEVER use elevators on a cruise - all steps to work off the extra food - but it's a very long distance from the aft stairs to the back of the ship.....

We've been on larger cruise ships then the Solstice, so it's not like we are newbies to a larger ship, either.

Just my 2 cents.

Have a GREAT time. She's a great class of ships.

Barb (& Nick, too)

Change of plan. We've just booked Aqua Class on 24th July 2010. Was only £40 pp extra so thought what the hell. Time to start a Roll Call I think :)

Thanks for all your responses.

• 1 month later...

Annette

Hi Annette,

We just booked room 1666 on the Solstice Sep 7 cruise out of Rome for our first cruise. Would love to see pics and here what you think.

Jim

Hi Annette,

We just booked room 1666 on the Solstice Sep 7 cruise out of Rome for our first cruise. Would love to see pics and here what you think.

Jim

Oh Goodie

We have booked room 1666 for our Eclipse cruise in JUne 2010.

Do let us know what this cabin is like on Soltice (no doubt will be the same virtually),

Look forward to seeing lots of photos as well!!!:D

Karen

Hi Annette,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Just noticed that you're sailing on Solstice September 7th, come over and say hi on our roll call. We're a small, but friendly group. Have you signed up for the cruise critics party?

We're booked in 2152, one of the larger aft balcony cabins.

Mari

Archived