Just booked Celebration

I got a really good deal so booked for the 3rd of april, we loved the ship and cruise so much last time, it was too good an offer to not take, we are in cabin 332 on deck 4, anyone ever stayed around there, not gone for the drink package as they could only do for £160pp, didn't seem worth it

Is Madeira and Arecife walkable from the ports, we did taxi/ ship tour last time

Hi Mtt,

Did this trip at new year. We were in cabin 361 , Good cabin no noise and handy for the Meridian.

Ship normally docks very close to town - normally 5minute walk but the port is being upgraded and it is a bit further away - 15 minute walk. That was in Late December may be finished now.

Plently Taxi's in Arecife but not walking distance. Safer to go with the ship.

Hope this helps

hello mtt

we are doing this trip on the 3rd april,really looking forward to it as we are cruise virgins ,you say that you have done this trip before so perhaps you can give us some idea what the average age is onboard the ship,we are going to party so see you there!!!:p

There was a mixed age i said 40- 50 was the average, but quite a few teenagers, younger children, and early 20's to 30's, was really a mixed group

Where is your cabin have you prebooked one

Arrecife, as I remember it wasn't anything special in the town centre. If you like seein things, I'd consider getting a taxi to somewhere like the Cesar Manrique Fundacion which is not far from Arrecife. I think we paid 10Euros each way from Costa Teguise which is just along the coast from Arrecife so should be similar - this was a couple of years ago though and may be a bit more now. However, I think taxis are reasonable in Lanzarote and if you could find some others to share it would be better still.

The Fundacion is amazing! Manrique created this (was his home) from 5 lava bubbles. You have to see it to believe it - but the vision involved in imagining how these spaces could be transformed is incredible. I'd recommend it if you're looking to see something 'different'.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4SNYK_en-GBGB258GB258&q=cesar+manrique&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=qji2ScGeA4SJjAeSvImhCQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

Have a look at the link above to see some photos of Manrique's work - most of them are of his house (also referred to as the Foundation) so it will give you an idea if it might appeal to you.

Anyway, have a great trip :)

Hello bonniecharlie,

Generally, the Canaries are quite warm in the winter - about 70F although there can be quite strong winds - but these are not usually cold winds.

However, from reports of friends who have visited the Canaries this year and from our own experience of Lanzarote in December, it's been a much cloudier season with locals referring to the weather as 'cold'. To us, it was very pleasant, escaping from the miserable conditions here but it wasn't really good sunbathing weather - although it was pleasantly warm during the day. A jumper/light fleece was needed on occasion though. There were loads of unoccupied loungers round the pool everyday.

Evenings can always be a bit cooler - even in a good season weather-wise and a light top is generally advisable.

We where pnboard on the 2nd jan onwards the weather was nice and warm but very windy while at sea, but the cruise the week before had bad weather

Thanks kruzseeka

are the cabins on deck 4 ok, we've been told the one we've booked has a picture window

The taxi is to get to the Manrique Fundacion - we didn't see any bus service there since it's a bit out of the way and in the middle of nowhere really.

I was quoting what it had cost us for a taxi from Costa Teguise to get to the Fundacion which I think is a similar distance to that from Arrecife to the Fundacion just to give mtt an idea of what it might cost.

Sorry if I caused some confusion :confused: I wasn't recommending going to Costa Teguise - as you say it's quite pleasant but in the context of some of the amazing places to visit in Lanzarote (the Fundacion, Timanfaya National Park, Jameos del Aguas, Mirador del Rio) I certainly wouldn't spend my time there! (Don't want the blame for sending anyone to somewhere a bit nondescript, :eek: especially when there are some really superb places to go in Lanzarote!!)

Sorry Kruzseeka, I misunderstood! On our sailing, we had to miss Agadir and arrived at Lanzarote the evening before we were supposed to. This gave us a free morning, so we took the bus to Costa Teguise. In the afternoon we did the Fire Mt excursion, which I too would definitely recommend.

hello mtt

we are doing this trip on the 3rd april,really looking forward to it as we are cruise virgins ,you say that you have done this trip before so perhaps you can give us some idea what the average age is onboard the ship,we are going to party so see you there!!!:p

some of the best holidays i have been on have been with oldies, they know how to have fun and will be able to dance till dawn especially the young at heart like me.

Archived