Carribean Princess- Forward Lido Obstructed view cabins

fivebucs

Looking for some help on these four cabins. Lido 101 L-102 L-103 and L104. I read somewhere a while back about these cabins having doors or windows that were designed to open but the design and wind prevents it. Has anyone seen these cabins or stayed in one of them? Ive been unable to pull up any history of threads on these . Thanks steve:confused:

Steve -

We're just off the CP Thanksgiving cruise.

We did not stay in those Lido cabins but, the forward Lido cabins do offer the fact that THEY ARE ON THE LIDO DECK. The Lido deck is THE deck for the pools and the Horizon Court/Cafe Caribe.

We were on the Caribe Deck, Floor #10, foward. Everyday, we had to wait and wait for an elevator to take us to Deck #15: Lido.

The Caribe balconies were quite nice, but then again, the Lido deck was the "party" deck.

If you do not care for a balcony, the Lido Deck rooms, IMHO, are highly desireable.

CS

Thanks for the reply. My wife and I have stayed in an inside Lido cabin and its a wonderful location. These four obstructed view cabins all the way forward are the ones that are in question. No one at Princess can tell me about them. I know at least 8 people on every Carribean Princess cruise stays i n them and I cant find any of them on these boards. steve

• 9 months later...

I remembered seeing this post a while back and since I just got off the ship while staying in L-103 I felt obligated to respond!!!

DO NOT, I REPEAT....DO NOT BOOK THESE CABINS!!!!!!

This was our second time on CB in 9 months. We loved the cruise again, but were completely miserable with our cabin L-103. The thumping above our heads from the treadmills was torture. The THUMPING started at 6:01AM and did not stop until 10:00PM.

Princess should be ashamed of themselves for continuing to book these cabins. I became quite friendly with the folks at the Passenger Services desk and they told me that every single week complaints are received regarding theses cabins.

I did know that the gym was above prior to booking, but was assured by the Princess reps that the noise was going to be almost non-existant because of the extra insulation that had been put in place. What a bull story. The entire cabin was vibrating, not just the thumping noise.

So, I am offering this fair warning to all CC members...STAY AWAY FROM THE FORWARD LIDO DECK CABINS!!!!!

The ship itself is great!!

Regarding Lido deck staterooms:

DH and I were in L239 on the Star. This is a perfect location because it is forward from the elevators/stairs, not below the fitness center, and the only "traffic" are others who have forward staterooms on Lido deck.

On the Caribbean Princess in January, we booked a Baja stateroom and were "upgraded" to L306. While it's nice to be close to pizza, pools, etc., I would not recommend this location due to high traffic volume. In fact, L301-311 (starboard) and L302-312 (port) are along the passageway from elevators/stairs to the entrance to public areas on Lido deck. Also, the service elevator is along this hallway and is particularly noisy and congested during embarkation and on the final night of the cruise as luggage is being delivered/removed.

Practically everyone who is going to the pools, Horizon Court, Cafe Caribe, etc. passes by these staterooms. There were passengers along this corridor at all hours of the day and night, and there always seemed to be people in the hall whenever we entered/exited our stateroom; this location is totally lacking in privacy. We declined an upgrade on the CB in January, 2006 - we'll be comfy and cozy in our Baja stateroom.

Chris

When we sailed the Sapphire in June, we noticed lots of activity on Lido near the elevators and just as you went outside to the open deck. I remember commenting to my husband that I wouldn't book those cabins. Well, I booked a BE guarantee on Caribbean Princess and was assigned L219 the other day. Looking at the map leads me to beliece we got a good location on Lida - not under the heavy gym equipment and forward of the elevators. I've got my fingers crossed. But, 2 of my sons, who booked an OV guarantee, are on Emerlad, E510, and I know that's a nice quiet location as we've stayed on Emerald, right down the hall, twice before. Worse case, I'll trade with them and I suspect they won't mind it a bit. Or, we sleep in Emerald and use Lido as our day room :)

Travellady,

Your location is going to be just fine. Your location is overlooking the bow splash from the ship and you'll be lulled to sleep by the sound of the ocean. In early morning you might be fortunate enough to watch the flying fish or porpoise froliking in the bow wash waves. You are safe from the treadmills!!!

Enjoy your cruise!

Cruzinchris,

You are right on in your description of those other Lido deck cabins. There is a large amount of activity there as you mentioned. Any cabins forward of the elevators other than the very forward E Category I spoke about or those two suites up front are safe from heavy traffic and especially the THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP and vibration from the treadmills above.

Thanks for adding the additional information!

Jonathan:)

• 1 month later...

I was actually in L-103 back in Sept 2005 and have to say I REALLY liked the room. I never heard any thumping from a treadmill. The window is nice and large and mirrored on the outside so noone can see in your room. To get out on the front of the ship you simply go out your cabin door, take a left and take another left and go through two doors and there you are!! I would book this cabin again. I loved it!

Archived