Royal Champions

Admin

Actually...

I think RC's have a lot more presence that you may realize.

There are what? 50RCs?

Let's say they average 2,000 posts each.. (some are a lot more, some are less).

That's 100,000 posts with probably 95% of those on the RC board. So.. that's 95,000 posts they contribute to the RC board.

Now, if only I knew how many posts there have been. You would have a much larger % that the 50 posters out of 422,547 number.

I think :)

Threads: 868,235, Posts: 17,019,094, Members: 422,708

NOOTS????? Yes, I've seen that one alot....now just what does that stand for....let me see, what can I come up with that would offend, criticize and demoralize people with that in their sig. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM;)

I dunno.. that sisterhood signature worries me. You must be anti-men. That's it! I will never come to you for marriage advice! Sheesh :D:D:p:D

Although, I now understand that you are a lawyer for Carnival, and hence your attempts to harm your competitor RCI is very clear. Thanks for clarifying your vested interest.

Can you prove you are not what I just stated?

/quote]

too cute -- you are half right!

Threads: 868,235, Posts: 17,019,094, Members: 422,708

Very Cool! Where can I see that? Is that just for the RC board, or the entire CC?

If it's just RC board, then RCs account for 0.558% of the posts compare this to the 50 RCs being 0.012% of the total CC membership.

the RCs arent some special little group

Thats the problem they're being given special treatment !!

jc - why can't you accept it as proof ?? i didn't know Carnival had a office in Belfast Northern Ireland - maybe you could ring them jc and then ask CC to check my IP Address - checkmate !!

And sure let me know when you've determined if i'm a bad person or not !!

jj.....

What I would like to comment on, is that it has appeared on this site that whenever a topic of discussion is not, shall we say, in the company's best interest, there is a home based group that flails the names mentioned above and then cries fowl that they are being "attacked". We even now have this home based group starting threads that have the we vs. them theme in it. It appears this is all in the name of quashing what they term as needless, ridiculous comnplaints or whining.

We now have the RCers taking the victim stance and forming what has become a well known circle of defense by some in other threads, in this thread.

I see this as a bigger question then any individual, or for that matter group. I, for one, do not believe the management of CC is that incompetent to not know what this was about. And even if they were, the facts had to become clear and be recognize for what it was, indeed a viral marketing campaign, after the Liberty 2 day event. I admit to knowingly having seen the RC title in some signatures, but had no idea where it originated. Based on what I can surmise at this time, CC complicity in this is, in fact, knowing allowing the viral marketing campaign to continue on these threads without letting their members know of it.

O.K. saw this and just had to make one more before leaving....

The whining being done by the same posters over and over who do not seem to understand that this is a forum for cruise information, not a forum for people bashing or conspiracy theories, ARE needless, rediculous and extremely annoying! And...if CC had let members know about it, they'd have all jumped on the RCI cheerleader bandwagon so they could get an invite too. The rest of us who were already RCI cheerleaders didn't have to compromise ourselves to get one. Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong about that! Its just human nature to want something good and even more human natured to spill sour grapes when you don't get it. Good day.

Very Cool! Where can I see that? Is that just for the RC board, or the entire CC?

If it's just RC board, then RCs account for 0.558% of the posts compare this to the 50 RCs being 0.012% of the total CC membership.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php

near the bottom of the page...that is the figures for the whole site.:)

Click on "Cruise Critic Message Boards" above beneath "HOME". That takes you to the front page of all the forums. Scroll down. You'll see it down there.

O.K. saw this and just had to make one more before leaving....

The whining being done by the same posters over and over who do not seem to understand that this is a forum for cruise information, not a forum for people bashing or conspiracy theories, ARE needless, rediculous and extremely annoying! And...if CC had let members know about it, they'd have all jumped on the RCI cheerleader bandwagon so they could get an invite too. The rest of us who were already RCI cheerleaders didn't have to compromise ourselves to get one. Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong about that! Its just human nature to want something good and even more human natured to spill sour grapes when you don't get it. Good day.

I see. Sooooooooo, you determine what is rational and what is whining. I didn't know.

My point exactly.

Ok, sorry, I see where the post count is.

If we want to see how much of an influence (presence) the RCs have on the RC board..

RC posts: (assume 50 RCs with avg 2,000 posts each) x 95% of these posts being on the RC board: 95,000 posts.

Total posts on the RC board: 1,668,296

That makes RCs posts making up 5.96% of all posts on this board. That's more than 1 in every 20 posts.

Boys, Boys, can you not come to some sort of truce here, or at least agree to disagree? Think of the commonality you share, jj/jc (kinda similar) and Coxswain you started NOOTS and jc was active in NOOTS. See....more in common than you realize, now be nice.

jc, run for your life! :eek: :D

If we want to see how much of an influence (presence) the RCs have on the RC board..

RC posts: (assume 50 RCs with avg 2,000 posts each) x 95% of these posts being on the RC board: 95,000 posts.

That makes RCs posts making up 5.96% of all posts on this board. That's more than 1 in every 20 posts.

I don't see the posts # on the RC board, but I'm sure its there somewhere. I think you need to add the posts in the Meet & Mingle forum also. Many of the RCs post in there often.

Some RCs might only post on their roll calls just now....some on ports of call...some on Cruise Air...some in the Floataway Lounge...I think you have to figure all that into your calculations also :D

I don't see the posts # on the RC board, but I'm sure its there somewhere. I think you need to add the posts in the Meet & Mingle forum also. Many of the RCs post in there often.

CLick on the section that shows "cruise lines R-Z" or whatever it says. It will take you to another page where is lists each cruise line main section, and over on the right hand columns; the number of threads and posts.

I know they posts elsewhere, which is why I used 95%, plus, I suspect the average post count of a RC is more than 2,000, so I think it's pretty close.

Actually...

I think RC's have a lot more presence that you may realize.

There are what? 50RCs?

Let's say they average 2,000 posts each.. (some are a lot more, some are less).

That's 100,000 posts with probably 95% of those on the RC board. So.. that's 95,000 posts they contribute to the RC board.

Now, if only I knew how many posts there have been. You would have a much larger % that the 50 posters out of 422,547 number.

I think :)

Actually...Your statistical analysis has more holes than swiss cheese...

I am one of those dreaded RCs...

I have almost 5,000 posts on Cruise Critic...

About 4,500 of them were posted well before I was ever invited to be an RC...

I post regularly on the Oceania board, the Princess board, the various Europe Boards, the West Coast ports board, the Celebrity board, the Roll Call boards and others in addition to my posts here on the Royal Caribbean board...I would guess 90% of my posts have absolutely NOTHING to do with Royal Caribbean...and the posts regarding Royal Caribbean are typically fairly neutral, even critical at times...A very small percentage of my posts are enthusiastically supportive of Royal Caribbean...

I am guessing MOST of those Royal Champions are similar...

Don't believe me? Click on my screen name and you get a pull down menu that has a link to my more recent past postings...You can go through as many as you want...Then tell me how much influence I, as a typical Royal Champion, have in plugging Royal Caribbean...

I would expect you will find most of my posts to involve...helping people figure out where to stay and what to see in the Los Angeles area...or suggesting hotels, restaurants or favorite spots in European ports...or discussing my future and past cruises...looking for tours or suggestions on shore excursions...or helping others with the same...A lot of participation in Roll Calls...and a lot of answering inane threads like this one...

How long have you been on Cruise Critic? Do you REALLY think there are 50-75 people regularly inundating the boards with thousands of posts each spewing out propaganda on behalf of Royal Caribbean?

I mean, PEOPLE! This entire debate is pointless...

I remember the FS thread and I checked when I started mine for UK Cruisers...that was Nov 17th 2007 ....which doesnt coincide with CCrs becoming RCs. :confused:

You appear to be implying that RCs shouldnt post the same as any non-RC. We are all CC members and everyone of us has to abide by the CC guidelines.

As a side note...not all the RCs are friends...the RCs arent some special little group who do group hugs or attack a subject together.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the first wave of RC's were in the summer of 2007 -- perhaps you read my post where I wondered if it was a coincidence that the viral ad program started just before the fuel surcharge.

No, what I have said repeatedly here, is that RC's need to be identified by a special avatar or near their avatar -- many of us, as I have repeatedly said, have no desire to have our experience cluttered with sig lines and block them. What many of us have called for here, is tranparency, that's all. I believe our anger was about cc's complicity in a viral ad campaign by not making it known to the other members, and by taking affrimative steps to prevent others from learning about it. (I have not expressed anger at RCCL or the RC's). Transparency via identification of RC's takes fixes the problem.

CLick on the section that shows "cruise lines R-Z" or whatever it says. It will take you to another page where is lists each cruise line main section, and over on the right hand columns; the number of threads and posts.

I know they posts elsewhere, which is why I used 95%, plus, I suspect the average post count of a RC is more than 2,000, so I think it's pretty close.

I think 95% in this forum is too high then. The one RC I know is in the M&M forums all the time. And like others (like Bruin Steve) are telling you, they also go in many other forums more often than 5% of the time.

Anyway, let's just say that the people selected have some regular posting history in these forums and are seen quite a bit by most of the "others". Point taken. We already know that because that's why they were selected.

Does the program influence them? Does it really matter?? Do other people that come in here get influenced by the reviews and posts of these posters more than by other posters? What about the influence of those getting P/D/D+ discounts? I honestly don't know the answers to all this, but I think I'm going to stop worrying about it and get back to work now. In the end, I just don't think it all matters that much. I'm going to go cruising and have a good time and I'll be forming my own opinions.

Actually...Your statistical analysis has more holes than swiss cheese...

I am one of those dreaded RCs...

I have almost 5,000 posts on Cruise Critic...

About 4,500 of them were posted well before I was ever invited to be an RC...

I post regularly on the Oceania board, the Princess board, the various Europe Boards, the West Coast ports board, the Celebrity board, the Roll Call boards and others in addition to my posts here on the Royal Caribbean board...I would guess 90% of my posts have absolutely NOTHING to do with Royal Caribbean...and the posts regarding Royal Caribbean are typically fairly neutral, even critical at times...A very small percentage of my posts are enthusiastically supportive of Royal Caribbean...

I am guessing MOST of those Royal Champions are similar...

Don't believe me? Click on my screen name and you get a pull down menu that has a link to my more recent past postings...You can go through as many as you want...Then tell me how much influence I, as a typical Royal Champion, have in plugging Royal Caribbean...

I would expect you will find most of my posts to involve...helping people figure out where to stay and what to see in the Los Angeles area...or suggesting hotels, restaurants or favorite spots in European ports...or discussing my future and past cruises...looking for tours or suggestions on shore excursions...or helping others with the same...A lot of participation in Roll Calls...and a lot of answering inane threads like this one...

How long have you been on Cruise Critic? Do you REALLY think there are 50-75 people regularly inundating the boards with thousands of posts each spewing out propaganda on behalf of Royal Caribbean?

I mean, PEOPLE! This entire debate is pointless...

Steve... chillax buddy. I said nothing anyone spewing any propaganda. I was responding to someone posting that RCs post amount to an insignificant presence here, not about the content.

The entire argument boils down to one thing - SILLY!

Amen.

Nothing has really changed at all has it.:(

jc

No, nothing has changed, and nothing WILL ever change because posters (like quoted below) have some VERY strange hangup about it and can't seem to get past it, and go find something constructive to do in their lives except to sit behind a keyboard and keep fighting over something that has nothing to do with them....but then again, that's probably the reason why....because they're NOT a part of it. :rolleyes:

Thats the problem they're being given special treatment !!

jj.....

I dunno.. that sisterhood signature worries me. You must be anti-men. That's it! I will never come to you for marriage advice! Sheesh :D:D:p:D

We do not all post on the RCCL boards at the same time. ;)

Other RC's do cruise on many other lines. We are all over the boards at all different times. So your figures are not correct.

My husband and I are older, so we are staying with RCCL. We are comfortable on them.

Yes, I am here to stay.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you were answering Elizanessie, not Becci.

I am also in the Sisterhood. I started it.

Archived