Cabin assignment from Guarantee

stargazer

Just checked on Princess and we had a BE Guarantee, our cabin assignment is now BD 259, if I am correct then that is a one category upgrade and it is on deck 12...

Has anyone stayed on this deck and if so is it ok (we have never been higher than deck 9),

has anyone stayed in this cabin or can anyone tell me anything about it?

Will this definitely be our cabin or can they change it again?

Thanks

Hi Stargazer,

You'll get better answers if you put what ship you're going to be on. :)

Usually, when they assign a cabin for a guarantee, they don't move you again. But anything that can happen, will!

Just checked on Princess and we had a BE Guarantee, our cabin assignment is now BD 259, if I am correct then that is a one category upgrade and it is on deck 12...

Has anyone stayed on this deck and if so is it ok (we have never been higher than deck 9),

has anyone stayed in this cabin or can anyone tell me anything about it?

Will this definitely be our cabin or can they change it again?

Thanks

I love your location; right near the front elevators. Also Aloha deck balcony is fully covered. Enjoy!

Great cabin! The only negative I can see is that the higher decks are more prone to motion in rough seas than lower decks. So if motion sickness is a consideration for you its something you may want to think about. Other than that I agree its a great location with a covered balcony and you should enjoy it :)

One thing to remember is I know people who have received cabin assignments for a guarantee and have been successful in selecting another available cabin in the category they were assigned. For example, you could select another cabin in BD now that you have been assigned that category. The one time I did a guarantee I went from a BG guarantee to a BB balcony on the Caribe deck, so I left it alone :)

Changing cabins is not an option as BD categories are showing as guarantee only, I am a bit prone to motion sickness but would not have thought the seas would be rough in the Caribbean in April, am I wrong?

I've experienced both very calm and fairly rough seas in the Caribbean all on the same cruise. The last cruise we missed Princess Cays because of high winds and rough seas making it too rough for tender operations. After that the seas were fine for the rest of the cruise. Granted, this was in early December, but the Caribbean can sometimes be a rather mixed bag depending on weather.

If you are concerned, just take along your favorite motion sickness remedy and start taking it the night before you board. I take Bonine every night as a precaution and have rarely had an issue. Don't let it overly concern you, I'm sure with some minor precautions you will be fine and have a great time! :)

Changing cabins is not an option as BD categories are showing as guarantee only, I am a bit prone to motion sickness but would not have thought the seas would be rough in the Caribbean in April, am I wrong?

You can never predict what the seas will be like on any cruise. Booking certain times of the year you have a 'better chance' of smoother seas. But you just never know what you might encounter.

We sailed the end of March, beginning of April for years in the Caribbean. Only a few sailings were what I considered 'smooth', the rest were a combination of smooth one day, high seas the next.

Best to come prepared for any type of sea conditions if the motion bothers you. ;) Enjoy!

I too booked a BG on guarantee. Withing 48 hours of booking they assigned me to a BA cabin on Caribe deck. I checked on the web site and it showed it as wait listed only. I continued to check about every other day to see if the status had changed. To my surprise, a cabin opened up that was more mid ship and closer to the elevators. I called my TA and they changed my room. So, as a prior poster said, once you are assigned to that cabin catagory you can change within that level if a cabin should become available. Keep checking, you may luck out as I did.

Thanks everyone, I will take my seabands and some tablets with me just in case and I will keep an eye on the cabins but I don't hold out much luck as even the few catagories above are showing as guarentee.

Archived