Any way to get this NEW OBC Promo?

gjsmth

My friend booked the Fantasy for 3 and the PVP said she couldnt book a quad during July, that ships are too filled to give her a quad if she only has three. They made her book a cabin with a roll away for July 2nd.

Many times a sailing will be "restricted" and not allow 3 passengers in a stateroom that was designed for 4 guests (on that ship could accommodate up to 5). Apparently they did not have a true "triple stateroom" available with two lowers and an upper berth when priginally booked and had to utilize a double occupancy stateroom and bring in that rollaway for the 3d guest.

You have to do your research on these new deals or you'll wind up paying more than you have to. In theory it sounds good getting back OBC but if you can get upgrades with your past guest # or discounts with military, early saver etc it's probably not your best price.

To me it's like selling something with free shipping but raising the price. People will grab it thinking it's a good deal because they see free shipping/free obc even though they may have gotten it cheaper without the extra perk. If they do, they deserve to pay more for not researching LOL

With the fun funds rates I'd pay $739 (down from the $799 it was showing yesterday) for my room instead of $639 early saver rate. Yes I'd get $150 OBC but in the end it would cost me more.

$739 X 2 = $1478 - $150 OBC = $1348 total.

$639 X 2 =$1278 total

Actually folks, you have to book under the "Fun Funds" rate and of course it is going to be a wash for just about everybody with Past Guest, Military or Early Saver discount rate.

Just a good way to drum up new bookings from 1st time cruisers who might not qualify for military or past guest or who don't wish to book under Early Saver rates.

I will NEVER book a gaurantee again. I did back on The Conquest in 2003. (Balcony Gauarantee.) Our room was directly over the Theater area. I was so tired that i was back in the room at night around 10pm. The NOISE from the theater was horrible!!! I complained on the ship but they said it was booked full and gave me ear plugs. PFFF!!! :confused:

This time we DID pick a room. Early Saver Promo for three. I was offered a room with the king, plus a roll away. I told the Carnival Agent i did not want them coming in and out everyday setting up the roll away. I was told that it would stay set up?? I said Ahhh NO!!! So we booked the king with the one upper. (The kid is so excited about the upper, he's 11.)

BTW, i checked the 4 rooms that still seem to be available on The Victory under catagory 8B and none have the upper. Guess they just sleep 3???

I will NEVER book a gaurantee again. I did back on The Conquest in 2003. (Balcony Gauarantee.) Our room was directly over the Theater area. I was so tired that i was back in the room at night around 10pm. The NOISE from the theater was horrible!!! I complained on the ship but they said it was booked full and gave me ear plugs. PFFF!!! :confused:

This time we DID pick a room. Early Saver Promo for three. I was offered a room with the king, plus a roll away. I told the Carnival Agent i did not want them coming in and out everyday setting up the roll away. I was told that it would stay set up?? I said Ahhh NO!!! So we booked the king with the one upper. (The kid is so excited about the upper, he's 11.)

BTW, i checked the 4 rooms that still seem to be available on The Victory under catagory 8B and none have the upper. Guess they just sleep 3???

They are CAPABLE of accommodating 3 guests IF the cruiseline has not max'ed out the 3d passenger capacity allowed per coast guard regulations.

As the posters above you explained ..... it is NOT a discount. You pay the FUN SAVER rates to get the OBC, so you would lose the price you paid even if they would let you change to the more expensive fare without charge.

It seems like all day people post they want the early saver rate with the OBC and that is not how it works .... read the small print folks

Firefly333... Thanks for the imformative post. I completely understand how the promotion works but I think I may have chose the wrong word for my post. I referred to it as a discount because the Carnival pvp did. Very sorry to repeat incorrect info. I actually did read the small print as well but thanks for that advice. :D

Archived