Any way to get this NEW OBC Promo?

gjsmth

Ok, I received this email from Carnival

Start booking today and we'll load up your Sail & Sign® Card with up to $50* per guest for 3–4 day cruises, up to $75* per guest for 5 day cruises, or up to $120* per guest for 6–8 day cruises. Use them anywhere on board or on a shore excursion. And at the end of your cruise, you’ll get back whatever credit you don’t use. How great is that?

My question is If I booked a 7 night a couple weeks ago on the early saver pay w/TA, Am I able to take advantage of this offer. Sounds like a good deal on $120 per guest. How can I get Carnival to give us this OBC.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cashback/default.aspx?cid=cback_viewmore4_030809

You have to call and find out. It's not combinable with certain other discounts and not available on all cruises.

I called, not available on mine. And my military rate was better anyway.

Seems like a slight of hand trick for they boost the fare for this promo up vs our early saver fare. Difference is a couple hundred bucks more each to get $120 each OBC. What seems like a deal is not...

I called Carnival earlier about this promotion. I have already booked a cruise for August at the Early Saver Rate. They told me that the promotion is only for new bookings and there is no way to obtain the discount. So unfortunately... I suppose not. :(

I called my TA in regards to this same email and she informed me that it was only for fun select bookings booked between 3/9/2009 and 5/10/2009 so I missed this deal by about 3 weeks lol I have a early saver for a sailing in august hopefully the price gets lower and I can get sum type of OBC..

I called Carnival earlier about this promotion. I have already booked a cruise for August at the Early Saver Rate. They told me that the promotion is only for new bookings and there is no way to obtain the discount. So unfortunately... I suppose not. :(

As the posters above you explained ..... it is NOT a discount. You pay the FUN SAVER rates to get the OBC, so you would lose the price you paid even if they would let you change to the more expensive fare without charge.

It seems like all day people post they want the early saver rate with the OBC and that is not how it works .... read the small print folks

On the 7 day sailing I checked the Early Saver rate was exactly $120 less than the "Fun Dollars" rate......coincedence.....I think not!!!

So in this case the savings would be "zero"......no deal here...

.... and dont forget if you booked under the fun rate and it went down after final payment, you dont get any extra OBC.

Carnival rates are laid with lots of traps lately imo.

.... and dont forget if you booked under the fun rate and it went down after final payment, you dont get any extra OBC.

I agree with the rates being full of "traps" lately. From where I stand your only benefit from this is MAYBE a few extra bucks savings (very few) and you won't have the non-refundable deposit.

For my cruise it was $90pp more with $100pp obc if I remember correctly. However to change from early saver it'd cost me $50pp to change the booking....

Nice little "trap" there....

So many passengers got enthralled with the magic word "OBC" that the cruiselines figured out a way to make it appear as this "wonderful deal" and at the same time recoup their losses by raising the rates to qualify for this promo.

Booking a cruise used to be pretty cut and dry, but now with all the promos out there, you need a darn spread sheet to see which is the best value, and then by the time you figure out what is the best way to book... that promo is either gone, no staterooms that you desired are available or the rates have gone UP !!!

There are two sailings I was checking out and the long run of it all is I would save more on both if I waited for the OBC. (Fun saver vs. Early saver) Must depend on the sailing. Also depended on the cabin catagory.

Booking a cruise used to be pretty cut and dry, but now with all the promos out there, you need a darn spread sheet to see which is the best value, and then by the time you figure out what is the best way to book... that promo is either gone, no staterooms that you desired are available or the rates have gone UP !!!

You go that right!!! When we were looking to book I made said spread sheet out with 4 diff promocodes for each and then broke down $$ per day to see which was best deal (all 5 ranged from 4-8 day). When I first started this there were 4 extended aft 8g's on the cruise I booked. My cruise ended up being the best "value" with travel figured in and such and when I went to book my room was the only one remaining. Sad part is it only took me 2 days to figure it all out...

You go that right!!! When we were looking to book I made said spread sheet out with 4 diff promocodes for each and then broke down $$ per day to see which was best deal (all 5 ranged from 4-8 day). When I first started this there were 4 extended aft 8g's on the cruise I booked. My cruise ended up being the best "value" with travel figured in and such and when I went to book my room was the only one remaining. Sad part is it only took me 2 days to figure it all out...

LOL.... point proven ! :D

Ok, I received this email from Carnival

Start booking today and we'll load up your Sail & Sign® Card with up to $50* per guest for 3–4 day cruises, up to $75* per guest for 5 day cruises, or up to $120* per guest for 6–8 day cruises. Use them anywhere on board or on a shore excursion. And at the end of your cruise, you’ll get back whatever credit you don’t use. How great is that?

My question is If I booked a 7 night a couple weeks ago on the early saver pay w/TA, Am I able to take advantage of this offer. Sounds like a good deal on $120 per guest. How can I get Carnival to give us this OBC.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cashback/default.aspx?cid=cback_viewmore4_030809

No, you are not eligible.....here's the rules on this new promo:

Cash back offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Combinable with Fun Select rates only. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Available in stateroom categories 4A - 11. Blackout dates may apply. Valid on new individual bookings made between 03/09/09-05/10/09. Promotion is applicable to select ships and departures between 5/24/09 - 9/04/09. Government taxes and fees $30-$100 are additional for all guests. Cash back may not be applied to cruise fare or government taxes and fees. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas & Panama

Seems like a slight of hand trick for they boost the fare for this promo up vs our early saver fare. Difference is a couple hundred bucks more each to get $120 each OBC. What seems like a deal is not...

It's not a "slight of hand". It's only available on Fun Rates, not on Early Saver rates. The rates aren't boosted at all......Fun rates are higher than early saver rates.

There are no traps. All it takes is the ability to read and comprehend the rates, their rules, eligibility and other information about fares.

Unfortunately, too many people don't bother....so, they complain they are being ripped off or deceived.

Really, if someone is illiterate and can't read, then a friend should be found to read the rules outloud and explain.....

Geez...

Booking a cruise is simple.

1. Pick a date

2. Find the itinerary you like

3. Shop for fares

4. As soon as you find a fare you like then;

5. Book it.

That was the point.... with all the mirage of promos out there now, you need a darn spread sheet and sometimes some serious time to find the best deals only to be possibly disappointed because what you finally decided on after lengthy research, is no longer available........Hmmmmmmmm... sounds familiar to booking air now !:eek:

We booked the early saver a few weeks back. The third person price just went down. Only 20.00 but 20.00 in my pocket is better then theirs!!!

I called Carnival, waiting on the agent to call me back. Said i have to fill out aform and send it in. I can't seem to find the form. Does anyone know where it is on the web site??

Also, when you get into where you can choose your room.....are "ALL" the rooms available in that catagory listed??? Or just some??? There only showed 4 rooms when i clicked select. Anyone have answers?? THANKS!!!!

On the 7 day sailing I checked the Early Saver rate was exactly $120 less than the "Fun Dollars" rate......coincedence.....I think not!!!

So in this case the savings would be "zero"......no deal here...

called my pvp and it is a wash in our case as well. They are very good and sneaky about how they price stuff. But I fall for it every time.lol

We booked the early saver a few weeks back. The third person price just went down. Only 20.00 but 20.00 in my pocket is better then theirs!!!

I called Carnival, waiting on the agent to call me back. Said i have to fill out aform and send it in. I can't seem to find the form. Does anyone know where it is on the web site??

Also, when you get into where you can choose your room.....are "ALL" the rooms available in that catagory listed??? Or just some??? There only showed 4 rooms when i clicked select. Anyone have answers?? THANKS!!!!

You are in luck, I found the link to the form

http://www.carnival.com/cms/FAQs/EarlySaver.aspx

fill it out and click to submit.

If you are only getting 4 cabins to choose from, then that sounds like all there is. I just tried at random a far out date and got 10 cabins to choose from .... when it gets down to less than 10, I know that is all that is left.

if they are only giving you 4 cabins, sounds like thats all

Thanks Firefly, i filled it out and hope I'll for the $20.00 refund. Hard to believe in this economy that the ship is that filled up for mid July already. Maybe it is because we have a room for three??? I requested the one upper instead of a roll away. I think i will go back now and see if those 4 rooms that were still open have the one upper. Hmmm the plot thickens!!!!

Thanks Firefly, i filled it out and hope I'll for the $20.00 refund. Hard to believe in this economy that the ship is that filled up for mid July already. Maybe it is because we have a room for three??? I requested the one upper instead of a roll away. I think i will go back now and see if those 4 rooms that were still open have the one upper. Hmmm the plot thickens!!!!

My friend booked the Fantasy for 3 and the PVP said she couldnt book a quad during July, that ships are too filled to give her a quad if she only has three. They made her book a cabin with a roll away for July 2nd.

btw most cabins have two uppers, very few have one upper. So that could be the problem with you finding a triple.

Just for fun, go back in and pretend to book 4 people, bet cha more cabins come up with the uppers?

Did you book a guarantee ? If not, you should have already selected a stateroom and been able to pick a stateroom with two lowers and an upper rather than a rollaway, if it was available.

Archived