Vancouver to Seattle?

lovebug33

We are disembarking in Vancouver. We have two free tickets on Southwest, so DH wants to take the HAL bus to Seattle so we can save money. Has anybody ever done that? Or, is there a better way to get to Seattle? Or, should we just suck it up and pay the money to fly out of Vancouver? TIA!

Here are other option:

Amtrak...operates one train southbound each day, leaves Vancouver at 5:45 pm which would give you part of the day to explore Vancouver.

Quick Shuttle: a bus service which many cruisers like.

Rent a car and drive.

http://quickcoach.com/

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/Page/Schedules_Index_Page&c=Page&cid=1080072922206&ssid=3

I have a similar circumstance as the OP but my wife and I are on Princess. Air Tran was much cheaper out of Seattle than anything I could find from Vancouver. After checking Quick Coach, Amtrak and car rental, I found that the Princess transfer was actually the cheapest way to go.

The plan is to transfer to the airport. Check our luggage in. Catch a bus downtown. Spend the afternoon and early evening before returning to the airport for a 11:30 red-eye back to the east coast.

I have mostly gotten a one way car rental. Especially good if you have an overnight flight, can see and do a lot on the way. :)

Overall, do not consider any flight leaving before 4 pm. Border delays can be terrible, you need to allow at least 4 hours, and at least another hour window prior to the flight- at least.

We're cruising in late May. Ending up in Vancouver, where we've booked an additional day to see sights.

We chose to travel to Seattle via Amtrak. We've done it once before and enjoyed the trip. Train rides are relaxing......

Also, the cost is just $70 for two, one way. A bargain after all we'll spend over the 14 day land/sea cruise.

Archived