How do you know which Terminal in FLL?

Zhen's Tiger

I looked at this website: http://www.broward.org/port/cruise_terminals.htm and it states that Terminal 18's Primary Users are Royal Caribbean & Carnival and that Terminal 25's Primary User is Royal Caribbean... but how do you really know which Terminal your Ship will be in? We'll be taking a Cab from FLL Airport to the FLL Cruise Port & I was hoping to be able to tell the Cabbie in as few words as possible where to go.

I'm surprising my wife for this Cruise (she thinks we're just staying in Miami) and I have her convinced it was cheapest to fly into FLL and then take a Ferry :cool: to Miami so she doesn't figure it out when she sees us pulling into the Cruise Port. I want the surprise to last all the way until we get in line, haha!

So... is there a way to know in advance what Terminal we will be in? Thanks much!!

What a nice surprise for your wife. The taxi drivers will know where each ship is, but you don't want your wife to hear you tell the driver. I would prepare a note in advance for the driver. "Surprise cruise for my wife. Please don't say anything. Royal Caribbean, Adventure of the Seas"

BTW, many women would pack different cloths if they know they are going on a cruise. So a surprise cruise may be a problem. If you think this could be an issue then I would tell her the day before you leave so that she can pack appropriately. She might feel bad if she doesn't have the right cloths for formal nights for example. The happiness of a surprise cruise could quickly turn into dissapointment. "Oh, no! Why didn't you tell me!?"

I'm curious how women would feel about a surprise cruise? Would you rather know in advance?

Zhen,

In case you are interested, I brought the topic about surpise cruises to the beauty and fashion board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=946293

The ladies there have many different opionions. I guess the concensous is that if your wife is someone who "goes with the flow", not a very structured person, then she would probably love a surprise cruise. On the other hand if she is a detailed planner, then she would hate a surprise cruise. But if she was the later, then I suppose that she would have been the one who was planning your vacation in the first place.

Good luck and have fun.

A surprise cruise is a wonderful idea, but I think that you should tell your wife at least 3 days before the trip that it is a cruise so she can pack the right stuff.

When you get to the port, you will go through security. The officer will ask where you are going and will direct you to the correct pier.

When we went through the security post, they had a sheet of paper that indicated which pier each ship was at. When we took a taxi, the taxi drivers had this same page. It's not a problem.

That makes sense, thanks!

What a nice surprise for your wife. The taxi drivers will know where each ship is, but you don't want your wife to hear you tell the driver. I would prepare a note in advance for the driver. "Surprise cruise for my wife. Please don't say anything. Royal Caribbean, Adventure of the Seas"

That's sort of what I was thinking of doing, great idea, thanks!

BTW, many women would pack different cloths if they know they are going on a cruise. So a surprise cruise may be a problem. If you think this could be an issue then I would tell her the day before you leave so that she can pack appropriately. She might feel bad if she doesn't have the right cloths for formal nights for example. The happiness of a surprise cruise could quickly turn into dissapointment. "Oh, no! Why didn't you tell me!?"

Point taken, but I've got it covered... :) Miami has plenty of nightlife & she thinks we're going to a real nice Dinner & a Show one of the nights, so she's taking one of her Gowns, shoes, hand bag, etc... she's gone out to buy some bikinis, shorts, slacks, shirts, shoes, sun dresses. I've seen everything she'll pack, she will be covered.

I'm curious how women would feel about a surprise cruise? Would you rather know in advance?

Jsut pack some of your wifes light summery clothes, especially dressy for dinner, in back of your suitcase & you will be all set. Maybe another pair of dress shoes too.

Yes, anything I see that's 'missing' will get added to my bag, but she'll be more than prepared, I know her! :)

I looked at this website: http://www.broward.org/port/cruise_terminals.htm and it states that Terminal 18's Primary Users are Royal Caribbean & Carnival and that Terminal 25's Primary User is Royal Caribbean... but how do you really know which Terminal your Ship will be in? We'll be taking a Cab from FLL Airport to the FLL Cruise Port & I was hoping to be able to tell the Cabbie in as few words as possible where to go.

I'm surprising my wife for this Cruise (she thinks we're just staying in Miami) and I have her convinced it was cheapest to fly into FLL and then take a Ferry :cool: to Miami so she doesn't figure it out when she sees us pulling into the Cruise Port. I want the surprise to last all the way until we get in line' date=' haha!

So... is there a way to know in advance what Terminal we will be in? Thanks much!![/quote']

Zhen's Tiger,

Usually Celebrity uses Pier/Terminal #18 when their ships are in port -- the Navigator is there on an off day, so they have been using Pier/Terminal #18.

See map:

http://porteverglades.org/directions.php

The way to know for sure is to check this page in the middle of next week:

http://www.broward.org/port/shipschedule.htm

Good Luck!

Kel:)

Zhen's Tiger,

Usually Celebrity uses Pier/Terminal #18 when their ships are in port -- the Navigator is there on an off day, so they have been using Pier/Terminal #18.

See map:

http://porteverglades.org/directions.php

The way to know for sure is to check this page in the middle of next week:

http://www.broward.org/port/shipschedule.htm

Good Luck!

That ~/shipschedule.htm link is exactly what I was looking for, thanks very much! So from reading here: http://www.broward.org/port/pdfs/cruiseguide/pecruiseguide09_calendar.pdf it appears there will only be 4 Cruise Ships there on March 23rd & none of tham are Carnival... so from what you say it is likely the Navigator of the Seas will dock at Terminal 18, right? Also, the link you supplied should help to verify that. Thanks again!

That ~/shipschedule.htm link is exactly what I was looking for' date=' thanks very much! So from reading here: http://www.broward.org/port/pdfs/cruiseguide/pecruiseguide09_calendar.pdf it [i']appears[/i] there will only be 4 Cruise Ships there on March 23rd & none of tham are Carnival... so from what you say it is likely the Navigator of the Seas will dock at Terminal 18, right? Also, the link you supplied should help to verify that. Thanks again!

Hi Zhen's Tiger,

I'm pretty sure it will be Pier 18. One other thing you can do -- check this port cam out this Monday (16th) and see if it is there.

http://mortgagemobile.com/Ft_Lauderdale_Florida_Web_Cam.html

This is an interactive cam -- so you can click on it and control where the camera is pointing. Terminal/Pier #18 is the docking area with the red/white smoke stacks in the background. For practice, you can check it out this Sunday, as Celebrity's Solstice will be docked there. Easy to spot the Solstice as it has two smallish funnels (one has a "X" on it).

Good luck!

Just a FYI but they will ask for ID when your cab pulls up to the port entrance. Don't forget your wifes passport.

Laura

Thanks, Laura! I will have her Passport (and mine) in my pocket anyway as we always travel that way. My wife's paranoid about pickpockets, haha, so makes me carry them whenever we have a need for them.

Thanks' date=' Laura! I will have her Passport (and mine) in my pocket anyway as we always travel that way. My wife's paranoid about pickpockets, haha, so makes me carry them whenever we have a need for them.[/quote']

Thats just perfect then. You have a wonderful cruise and please come back and tell us how it went. And also what your DW had to say about her surprise.

Laura

Thats just perfect then. You have a wonderful cruise and please come back and tell us how it went. And also what your DW had to say about her surprise.

Laura

Thank you!!

OK, will do! Once we're back, I'll show her this thread & another so she can see what's been written & can give her thoughts. :) I'll try to catch that initial shock & joy in a photo and pass it along as well.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Looks like the Navigator will be using Pier 18 this week:

18 NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUI CRUISE - MULTI 3 / 19 06:00 3 / 19 17:00 1021

Celebrity's Constellation is there today.

Good Luck!

Kel

Thank you!!

OK' date=' will do! Once we're back, I'll show her this thread & another so she can see what's been written & can give her thoughts. :) I'll try to catch that initial shock & joy in a photo and pass it along as well.

Steve[/quote']

Hope you have the time of your lives. And don't be surprise if you both catch the cruise bug (after one you just keep going).

Laura

Hi Steve,

Looks like the Navigator will be using Pier 18 this week:

18 NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUI CRUISE - MULTI 3 / 19 06:00 3 / 19 17:00 1021

Celebrity's Constellation is there today.

Good Luck!

Kel

Thanks, Kel!! You're a wealth of information! I'm not exactly sure what this means "MULTI 3 / 19 06:00 3 / 19 17:00 1021 ", but I'll take your word for it. :)

Is the 19 a date? We leave on the 23rd... will they still be there then? Thanks again!

Steve

Sounds great I'm sure she will be surprised. Once you get in the taxi & he wants to know where you're going what will you say? Even when I have pre-reserved my transport it sems like the driver always confirms it once we get in.

Sounds great I'm sure she will be surprised. Once you get in the taxi & he wants to know where you're going what will you say? Even when I have pre-reserved my transport it sems like the driver always confirms it once we get in.

Well, if everything goes right I will hand him a piece of paper saying "SURPRISE FOR MY WIFE - please take us to Terminal 18? (Royal Caribbean) at the FLL Cruise Port" :D. I'm hoping he understands & just takes us there without any questions... :) There's a bigger tip in it for him if he does, haha!

Well' date=' if everything goes right I will hand him a piece of paper saying "SURPRISE FOR MY WIFE - please take us to Terminal 18[i']?[/i] (Royal Caribbean) at the FLL Cruise Port" :D. I'm hoping he understands & just takes us there without any questions... :) There's a bigger tip in it for him if he does, haha!

Just from my experience everytime we have had a taxi driver in that area they have been foreign. you may want to keep the note as short & to the point as possible. What hotel are you staying at? If there is a concerige type of person you may want to try to sneak away & set it up ahead of time. We always stay at The Embassy Suites on 17th & it's usually the same lady at the front everytime we've gone, If it's there I'm sure she would help you.

Please come back & post when you return how everything turned out. My husband has never surprised me about anything & I'd like to at least live it through your wife!!!!!LOL As far as a cruise goes I am one of those control freaks & probably wouldn't want to be surprised for too long. I love all the researching to figure out what to do. But, he could at least surprise me for my birthday or something!!!!LOL again!!!!

Thanks' date=' Kel!! You're a wealth of information! I'm not exactly sure what this means "MULTI 3 / 19 06:00 3 / 19 17:00 1021 ", but I'll take your word for it. :)

Is the 19 a date? We leave on the 23rd... will they still be there then? Thanks again!

Steve[/quote']

Oops, sorry about the code -- 18 is the pier; the ship; 19 is the date; 6:00 is when it arrives; 17:00 is when it departs.

Enjoy!

Archived