Do you have your nails painted before the cruise?

I personally can not stand seeing someones fingers and especially toes have fingernail polish on them. I just don't like the look of color there. I will never have color on mine again. LOL I couldn't stand the look.

When I do my nails, I will only go as far as a white french tip.

I was wondering if you do get your nails done, how do you decide on the color? Do you go with one color the whole cruise and match your clothes to that color? Do you stay with that one color and just forget about matching your clothes? Or do you pack several colors and paint them yourself during the trip?

I hate nails without nail polish on them. If I get a chip, I immediately fix it! It's one of those things that just irks me if I don't fix it..

My favorite colors are:

Limo-Scene by Essie (Similar to marshmallow)

Lincoln Park After Dark by OPI (very dark purple- almost eggplant)

Over the Top by Essie (dark charcoal with shimmer)

I don't personally like "colorful" nails, but I do like nail polish and I either want them light and neutral or dark. I keep my nails natural & short and I think dark colors look good on short nails. As far as matching my nails to my clothes, that's not something I really think about, although I don't think any of those nail colors would clash much with what I own.

I love a subtle color--toes and fingers! I do my own and use a "neutral" color that won't fade and goes with everything.

If I'm careful, the mani/pedi will last the entire trip without touch-ups. On longer cruises, I bring my stuff with me---my nails grow out quickly and will need to be re-done by day 6 or 7.

I love a subtle color--toes and fingers! I do my own and use a "neutral" color that won't fade and goes with everything.

If I'm careful, the mani/pedi will last the entire trip without touch-ups. On longer cruises, I bring my stuff with me---my nails grow out quickly and will need to be re-done by day 6 or 7.

Wow.. I wish my nails lasted until day 6 or 7. I always bring top coat to avoid them getting bad & then I usually bring the color with me just in case.

During sandal weather, I like to keep my toes painted, usually with a bright pink. Because manicures don't really last more than a day or so on natural nails, I typically keep those short with a clear top coat. I personally like the look of painted nails, but I just dno't have the time or money to keep it up.

I wear a white-ish polish on my hands so that if I get any chips, they won't show. But never french, I hate that look.

On my toes, I always wear a cranberry red. I use OPI's Kennebunkport.

I always get a mani/pedi before a cruise. It's too expensive to have it done on the ship and they take too long to do it.

Jane,

This is getting scary.

Just read your post about the the men's formal wear that we both said the same thing, except for the tux.;) Then I was ready to post that I hate the french manicure and I see your response. I wear red on my toes and I always have a mani/pedi before a cruise.:D But I do wear more color on my nails than you.:)

I have short nails and usually just keep a clear, protective coat on them. I do like a French manicure for special occasions. For my toes I always keep a color on them and have several bottles of Opi in varying colors. On a cruise I tend to go with a coral color which tends to go with everything I bring. My toes last 2 weeks but I always bring a bottle of polish just in case.

I have gel fingernails, clear. They do have a white strip painted sort of like a French manicure, but the painted part isn't thick like a French, they look natural, most people think they are my fingernails.

My toes are OPI DS Reflection, kind of a boring name. A red with a bit of gold flecks to it. I'm always subject to change and typically allow my manicurist to choose what color she likes. But, I bought this one for touch ups...so I'm going with it until it's gone, the stuff isn't cheap ;)

I'm not crazy for the thick acrylic French nails and I'm definitely not crazy for French toenails, they look overgrown and need to be cut (to me). But you see so much of it around I've kind of grown used to it.

My pedis last 4 weeks and my gel nails are re-filled every 2 weeks.

Nails? I have three dogs and two horses. I don't HAVE fingernails. :D Clear polish only on the fingers, and that is mostly to stop them from snapping off down to the quick. I like to have pink or coral colored polish on my toes, though :)

My nails are done every 3 weeks. I hate "naked" toes so they are always polished and because of an illness years ago, my own nails are very thin, thus nails. Been going to the same person for over 25 years! My DH even helps pick polish once in awhile.

I don't wear polish on my fingernails because it's half gone within 24 hours. I used to have acrylics but developed a sensitivity to the chemicals. Three years later I still miss having nice nails. Oh, well.

I do get my toes painted, though. I usually wear a bright color on them - red, coral, pink, whatever mood I'm in that day.:)

Oh course I'm getting a mani/pedi before the cruise! I think a bright fun fuschia for the cruise for the toes.

My fingernails are currently growing out and not real long. And since the polish doesn't last as long, I'm going with an OPI (wish I could remember the name) that has a silver/white look to it. Very summer and flattering. I've been stopped many times to be asked what the color is.

I don't like it on my toenails, though, for some reason.

This is so funny - I'm driving everyone crazy at work because I'm enthralled with my nails! I got my first manicure ever on Wed - a french manicure and I love it. I've never been able to grow them out long enough to do anything with them - so for the last month I've been being real careful and putting a clear hardener on them so I could try and have pretty nails for the cruise. I was going to wait until right before the cruise to get a mani/pedi - but the weather turned so nice I couldn't wait on the pedicure and decided to do the manicure too. I usually get a bright color on my toes - this time an orangy red that goes with a dress I'm wearing to a luncheon Saturday - but I didn't think I could handle that on my fingers. Anyway - sorry I'm blabbing on - but I just LOVE my fingernails! I've been coating the top with the clear hardener to keep it lasting and so far so good. I'll be working and then just stop and stare at my pretty hands!!! :D

I can't wait to do it again in 2 weeks to go on my cruise!

yup. I do get a manicure regularly and before I travel is no exception. The color I select depends on my mood. I tend to have two extremes. Opi Bubble Bath or Opi Russian Navy.

Occasionally I'll get a french manicure but only if my nails are short. I hate the look on long nails. Looks cheap to me instead of classic.

I made the mistake of getting a manicure on board once. It was the worst manicure I've ever had. I don't really think the gal was experienced with working on natural nails. The one experience was enough to turn me off em forever on board.

I'm not crazy for the thick acrylic French nails and I'm definitely not crazy for French toenails, they look overgrown and need to be cut (to me).

I agree. The french pedi's look like the person needs to have their toe nails cut. Eeewww.... (channelling howard hughes)

Jane,

This is getting scary.

Just read your post about the the men's formal wear that we both said the same thing, except for the tux.;) Then I was ready to post that I hate the french manicure and I see your response. I wear red on my toes and I always have a mani/pedi before a cruise.:D But I do wear more color on my nails than you.:)

cue up twilight zone music.....

dum dum dum dum

dum dum dum dum :D

Nails? I have three dogs and two horses. I don't HAVE fingernails. :D Clear polish only on the fingers, and that is mostly to stop them from snapping off down to the quick. I like to have pink or coral colored polish on my toes, though :)

Oh good, another horse person who understands not having nice finger nails! I usually hide my nails in public.

Oh good, another horse person who understands not having nice finger nails! I usually hide my nails in public.

Sistah! Hehehe! I wore riding gloves at the barn for two months so I could wear nail polish at my wedding! :rolleyes:

Archived