Sky Suite

AlbertusMagnus

We are booked in a SkySuite S-2 on the port side of the Solstice for the April Transatlantic.

My TA called and said the same S-2 suite is available aft. She says it is a good spot. Is it really? What are the pros and cons of port side near aft, or actually aft. We have always stayed in our present location on other cruises, only because we probably are creatures of habit. I wouldn't mind switching if an Aft cabin were considerably better.

Thanks,

Alberto & Barbara

Alberto and Barbara - We stayed in a S2 2121 port side on a 14 day Solstice sailing. Our cabin was on the resort deck and the S2's (port and starboard) on that deck have a completely covered balcony (which we love, others, not so much). The cabins are the same size as the aft S2's. If I remember correctly, the balcony's are partially covered on the aft cabins.

Our cabin location was perfect, close to elevators and stairs, a short walk to pool and spa. Also, Oceanview Cafe was 1 flight up which was very convenient for breakfast and lunch. The aft cabins are quite a distance to stairs and elevators.

I'd say that the biggest consideration for you would be if you want a covered balcony (you can sit out w/o a problem on rainy days) and also the distance to stairs & elevator. Whatever you decide have a wonderful cruise, the ship is beautiful and the sky suites are fabulous!

Patty

We were in 2122. The suite was geat. Very roomy and nicely decorated. Service from the butler was fantastic. My only complaint would be the noise from the buffet above. The floors in the buffet are tiled and when the dish carts were wheeled out to service the "food islands", there was an audible thunk thunk thunk in the suite. There was also the muffled constant sound of people walking. These noises were in no NO WAY loud enough to bother us or keep us from enjoying the room, but they were present and should be taken into consideration when booking a sky suite in these areas.

We stayed in a corner aft SS. I believe it was a S-1 category. We didn't have any issues with soot. I did read posts about this though and one with pictures looked bad. Perhaps it was because we cruised right after she got to FLL. I agree that it is a LONG way to the stairs and elevators.

Alberto and Barbara - We stayed in a S2 2121 port side on aWhatever you decide have a wonderful cruise, the ship is beautiful and the sky suites are fabulous!

Patty

I showed your reply to my wife. You're right, the lifts are very close to our suite, and we'll like that. Thats why we picked it originally.

Thanks for your quick response.

Ciao,

Alberto & Barbara

Archived