Ship Board tours

j&l cruisers

Can anyone give us an idea of what tours they conduct on the ship , as this is our first cruise and we would like to take advantage of what happens onboad ship. Is there any charge for these tours? Can you get to see the bridge or is it off limits?

On azamara on the first (boarding) day about 3pm there will be a tour around the ship that will show you everything - it will be listed in the activities sheet you get when you board. That sheet is very important to read each night thereafter (they put it in your room when they make you beds) as it has all the details of what is going on and (if our Quest trip is the norm) one day it says you can ask for a tour of the bridge if you go to Guest Relations by a certain time - it is in small print this announcement so you need to be looking for it. When you go to Guest Relations they put your name on a list and a few days later you will get a call with a time for your tour, it will be during a time in port if your trip is fixed up this way and is very interesting indeed - and it is FREE

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising, I hope it is the first trip of many as it can be so addictive

A

We did a galley tour on Quest which was quite interesting. I don't think the tour was publicized, but we heard 'via the grapevine' to put in a request at guest relations, which we did very early on in the cruise. We missed the bridge tour as we were in port during the times that the tours were held.

There are several unadvertised ship tours. One is the bridge tour, we took it while at sea. Another is the galley, again a sea day. There was one more but I can't recall what you saw. Just ask at guest relations to be added to the list and they will contact you.

There are several unadvertised ship tours. One is the bridge tour, we took it while at sea.

We asked about doing a bridge tour on a sea day but were told that they were only conducted when the ship isn't under way (i.e. only on port days) and that for security reasons, only the ship's staff is allowed in the bridge area when under way.:confused:

I can't say why they told you no but we toured the bridge while at sea. It was the 11th day out while returning to Miami. I have several photos you can view if you send me your email I'll forward them to you....They clearly show we are at sea....Bye...

Maybe it's just the rules of the Quest Captain since I think Critterchick and youbid were on Journey? We thought that going on a sea day sounded like a good idea since we didn't want to give up port time to do the tour.

Thanks for the offer of pictures youbid...we've been on the bridge on other ships, both freighters and cruiseships ... it's really interesting, especially when under way!:)

Archived