LIVE onboard the Ruby Princess 3-14/3-21

skyking

I am so excited reading your reveiws on the ruby. We are not going until april 2010.I have been on rc and celebrity this will be our first on princess.I think we made a good decision after reading how much you like it.I dont think I can wait until next year. Thanks so much!

we were on the ruby last week 3/7 - 3/14... it was awesome!!! we had been loyal carnival "platinum" guests, but i don't know... may have to switch to princess now. the ruby is absolutely stunning!!! very very beautiful ship. we were in r408... very nice suite; i just wonder why they put the suites under the pool deck with the sliding chairs that you hear? gc is awesome; we did the hell/turtle farm tour. also, remember your sunblock, especially for cozumel!!! :D

we were on the ruby last week 3/7 - 3/14... it was awesome!!! we had been loyal carnival "platinum" guests, but i don't know... may have to switch to princess now. the ruby is absolutely stunning!!! very very beautiful ship. we were in r408... very nice suite; i just wonder why they put the suites under the pool deck with the sliding chairs that you hear? gc is awesome; we did the hell/turtle farm tour. also, remember your sunblock, especially for cozumel!!! :D

Louise

Sorry you missed the Meet and Greet. We had a pretty good crowd. Also had a nice gathering Fri evening on Bob and Emily's deck. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We thought it was wonderful as well.

Did you book the Hell/Turtle farm excursion through Princess? How was it and where else did you stop?

Hey All,

We are at sea bound for Cozumel...Today was a pretty fun day, we got off and spent the day at Margaritaville and had just a BLAST.

I took green food coloring and everyone was my new best friend wanting it in their drinks..LOL

So far this has just been the most perfect cruise, as far as the shows go I cant tell you cause we have yet to see one:) But the rest of the entertainment onboard is great, I must sail this ship again very soon to get my full bearings:) Again all if you sailing on Ruby anytime soon, you are in for a real real treat. Ciao for now!

Louise

Sorry you missed the Meet and Greet. We had a pretty good crowd. Also had a nice gathering Fri evening on Bob and Emily's deck. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We thought it was wonderful as well.

The 3rd day on the Ruby, I caught a nasty sinus infection and spent a lot of time sleeping in the Sanctuary LOL... I said all I was doing was eating and sleeping! I was so stuffed up but managed to get up and get moving; that was the only thing that cleared my sinuses! Nights were the worst though, until we went to see Phil Tag and he split my sides LOL.. he was just too funny!!! It was a great cruise though. I would've loved to meet you guys too!

Did you book the Hell/Turtle farm excursion through Princess? How was it and where else did you stop?

Yes, we booked it through Princess on the website before we even left home :D Before this, I was afraid of turtles; I actually held one and he was sooooooooo cute! The green sea turtles are nothing at all like the nasty looking snappers that I grew up near in NJ :D The tour went to Hell and the Turtle Farm. I would definitely recommend it.

Hello All,

We are at sea bound for Princess Cays, currently it is sunny and about 80 degrees, this morning we woke up to thunderstorms and rain, but it has cleared up nicely.

Sorry I didnt post yesterday, but Mexico tends to do that to me, a mix of toooo much tequila and beer, and tooo many taco's off the street vendors, WOW I love those. We got back onboard about 5:15pm and went right to the MUTS pool thinking the movie started at 6pm, in fact it started at 7pm. We had to wait for two knuckle heads running down the pier at exactely 6pm, so we sailed about 15min late...It was funny, the Captain for on the PA and said we could all watch them run down the pier on the port side, of course all watching were cheering loudly.

Well we sat from 6pm until abuot 11:30pm last night wrapped up in blankets and watching movies, the first was Australia and the second was some scary movie called the Last Missed Call or something like that. It was such a GREAT and relaxing night and the MUTS is MUST for us now on any ship (SOOOO LONG ROYAL CARIBBEAN)

This morning we woke up late and just had a nice lunch in the dining room. Let me tell you out of all my cruises this one has the BEST food by far, even the pizza is something you want to write home about. Now we are sitting outside the Piazza listening to great classical music being played on deck 5. The rest of the day we decided to stay out of the sun, I dont want to be sunburn for my first massage tomorrow morning:) Tonight is the second formal night, and the Lobster is on the menu along with many others, but we are looking forward to the Lobster, we did miss the King Crab last night, but again that was because of the Tequila:) Tonight movie at MUTS is MAMA MIA!

Folks honestly we can both say that Princess is our new cruise line, and Im afraid to post that on the RCCL board:) Cause I know they will jump all over me, we dont miss the rock wall, the ice rink, not even the promenade, if you want good service, good food, beautiful ship, Princess is the way to go.....YEAAAAAH I am officialy a Princess cheerleader:) I will post more later tonight! Ciao for now!

Tim and Candice

You guys are killing me... how am I supposed to wait until the 28th? I've had the Bridge Cam up all week, tracking your cruise.

Glad you're having such fun- thanks for posting!

is the hairdryer on the wall with a long hose? Or, is it a separate hair dryer? Hopefully, its not like the rest of Princess with a long hose. Means a lot to us, if we have to pack a hair dryer to be included in our weight limit.

Thanks and enjoy your trip!

It's been so much fun reading your posts and seeing Princess through the eyes of a Princess newbie! Makes me want to cruise even more now!

I totally agree about RCI - their food is frankly, pretty terrible. I hate to say it, but I've had better frozen dinners cooked in the microwave (and I'm very easy-going when it comes to food quality).

Glad you're enjoying Princess. I'll be wishing good weather for you for tomorrow.

Thanks for the updates! I was on the innagural and Christening of Ruby, and will be honeymooning on her on the 21st! Im waaayyy excited!!! Only thing is it looks like we got rain to look forward too....rained on the wedding day too so looks like I just cant get away lol

What movies are they playing for the movies under the stars?

You guys are killing me... how am I supposed to wait until the 28th? I've had the Bridge Cam up all week, tracking your cruise.

Glad you're having such fun- thanks for posting!

You and me both. We're on the same cruise and I look at the webcam at least a couple of times a day.

Archived