Soho

AdoptAtty

Sorry garycarla... on the Star there is a restaurant named SOHO... I believe it is considered pacific fusion food... I'm just wondering what they serve, if anyone likes it, how is it different from Bamboo (Dawn) or Ginza (Star)

Soho on Star is not asian fusion, it is contemporary american...and IMHO very tasty and a wonderful dining experience.

My DDP and I enjoyed two meals there during our Thanksgiving cruise. He enjoyed the tuna tartare starter both times while I enjoyed two different dishes...one was the fois gras, I forget the other...seems like it was a soup of some sort. For entrees, he had the rack of lamb and it was incredible. I had the veal chop and it was a close second. The next time we ate there he had the veal chop and I had the tenderloin. It too was good, but nothing was better than the lamb.

None of the desserts are worth writing home about so I won't bother writing about them here!

Clay

Clay, thanks so much. I really have not been able to find much on Soho. Sounds wonderful. foie gras... oh yeah!

The two of us ate there last June on an Alaska cruise. We agree with Clay's comments - food is good and the desserts are nothing special, which is too bad since I love desserts.

The Soho dining room was astonishingly empty when we dined. In fact, we felt just a little awkward being there with so few others. When I asked the maitre 'd about this low turnout, he said that this was common on the Alaska cruises, but for some reason Soho was much more popular during the Star's Mexican cruises.

Archived