Does NCL do anything special for 25th Anniversary

JuniorCruiser

I'm surprising my husband with a cruise in Oct in an AE on the Dawn and was wondering if they do anything special for a couple who is celebrating 25 years of marriage :eek: Or do i have to call them (NCL) or tell my travel agent before the cruise?

Thanks for any replies......

~~Debbie~~

I'm surprising my husband with a cruise in Oct in an AE on the Dawn and was wondering if they do anything special for a couple who is celebrating 25 years of marriage :eek: Or do i have to call them (NCL) or tell my travel agent before the cruise?

Thanks for any replies......

~~Debbie~~

OK. If you don't tell anyone, obviously the chance of anything being done is remote ;)

So, with that in mind, first step is to tell your travel agent so he/she can inform NCL.

Next... look into the "Romance Package" at NCL.COM ... it is perfect for those celebrating anniversaries.

Enjoy your cruise... and happy anniversary!

You can certainly have your TA let them know but basically you will have to tell the Head Waiter on entering and they usually bring out a small cake and sometimes sing, like a birthday, same thing.

On one of my sailings we were doing My birthday and since I have an unusual first name they came and sang to my husband instead.

As the previous poster mentioned, there will be many, many fellow passengers celebrating similar events - including some married on board, engaged on board, anniversaries, etc. I would recommend booking the anniversary package to make sure you get what you want, rather than asking for something as you enter a restaurant. You can do that on the website, which I would do rather than relying on your TA. There might also be a separate option to get your room decorated - that might be fun as well.

We celebrated our 25th on board the Dawn and loved it. One special thing that my husband did you may want to consider - as a surprise, he had T-Shirts made up - the front had the date of the cruise and a small NCL like logo (both small, like you would find on say a ralph lauren polo shirt), and the back had a copy of an informal but much loved picture from our wedding and the date/25 th anniversary.

If that doesn't appeal, try something else personal rather than entirely relying on NCL to make it special! (They do try, with the cake and the singing waiters, but honestly, if it is a really busy night, or the waiters miss their cue, wouldn't want that to be the sum total of what celebrates your special night!)

I agree with everyone. Tell your travel agent - I bet you will find a little something waiting for you. Then look at the website for the Gift Order Form and descriptions of the packages they offer.

We sailed with RCI last year and got one of their packages - decorated room/door. We also had birthday cake waiting for us and sparkling juice. It made the trip. My daughter still has some of the decorations in her room.

And book one of the specialty restaurants for that extra special food and service!

My dh and I celebrated our 20th anniversary on the Jewel last week. We bought the anniversay/honeymoon package ($79); best value you can imagine. At our Le Bistro dinner (part of the package) one of the senior hotel staff came by and treated us to complimentary glasses of champagne at the end of dinner. (We didn't ask for it, have no idea what we did to get it.)

We just got back from the 3/8 Pearl and ordered the package. We had a chilled bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting in our cabin and a plate of canapes delivered on Wednesday. The wait staff in Le Bistro made us feel very special and sang to us as they delivered the cake. The singing was very reminiscent of the Chinese restaurant scene in "The Christmas Story" and when it was my turn to finish the song with ".....I'm in love with you", we all wound up howling with laughter. The wine choice isn't great and they gave us a $22.00 credit toward something we liked better. They let us take the cake back to the cabin as we were FULL! On Friday we were hosted to a party with the other couples who had purchased the package with a very nice cake, as many refills of sparkling wine as we could stand as well as individual and group photo's. Part of the package is a free 5x7 photo of any shot taken during the week. Don't let the photo shop tell you it's only the shot taken at the party, as they tried telling us.

It's well worth the $79.

Archived