More MUTS questions

stargazer

On the Princess site it states "the hottest, first run, feature length films" but after doing a search here for MUTS most posts state that the films are not first run but rather those already out on DVD, can anyone clarify this?

Also, for anyone who has recently been on the Emerald, can you give me an idea of what films are showing at the moment and are milk and cookies served during all films or just at certain times?

Thanks

i'm pretty sure the movies i saw were not in theatres anymore, but not out on video yet.

haven't been on the emerald, and only watched muts at night and yes, milk, cookies and popcorn were served along with nice warm blankets.

They have very few first run movies - mostly the ones that have already been released on DVD or will be released in a week or two. My guess is that they're afraid that someone might video them with a camcorder prior to the official release & can't be responsible for it.

On Crown in Oct 2007 they had been running the World Series on MUTS. Then for the final game they decided to put it in a lounge w/ TV's. There was grumbling & possibly threats of a mutiny til they changed back to MUTS.

Steve

They also show concerts during the day and special sporting events. How cool would it be to be sitting on a cruise ship watching the Super Bowl?

We're sailing on the Ruby March 28th. I hope they show the NCAA tournament games!

They have very few first run movies - mostly the ones that have already been released on DVD or will be released in a week or two.

They have no first run movies. All are, as stated, what is out or will soon be out on DVDs to the public.

On the Princess site it states "the hottest, first run, feature length films" but after doing a search here for MUTS most posts state that the films are not first run but rather those already out on DVD, can anyone clarify this?

Also, for anyone who has recently been on the Emerald, can you give me an idea of what films are showing at the moment and are milk and cookies served during all films or just at certain times?

Thanks

Are the movies first run, NO. Some are already out, some not but who cares! We found on our two sea nights two fun movies and that was all that was important and milk and cookies too, yum :D Sometimes early dining has its bonuses.

Just got off the Emerald last Tuesday, and they were showing (and I don't remember them all) Mama Mia, Changling, Hancock, Doubt, a Josh Groban concert and many others..Yes, they served cookies and milk, pizza and popcorn...was alot of fun!

We just came back from the Caribbean Princess, and did the late showing of MUTS, all we got was pop corn, no milk & cookies:( But after the movie we did go down to the all night buffet to get some of those yummy cookies, and cheese & crackers for a quick late snack!

There are NO first-run movies on either cruise ships, planes or pretty much anywhere. The movies on a cruise ship are essentially the same as you'd find on a long flight that shows movies. Some are "current", i.e., being shown in some movie theaters but they are not the "hottest, first run" movies. IMHO, that's very misleading as it's just not true.

Archived