Best aft cabins on m-class ships

Hampshire Rose

Hi Lorna - we sure did and it was an amazing day! We stayed on our balcony all day, started with breakfast and continued with lunch. We had such a great time and a memory of a lifetime. We sat and drank our champagne and just watched to the left and right as we went through the locks. The TV in the cabin was turned to the station with the webcam positioned at the front of the ship so we were able to also see what was coming up ahead of us - and the commentary on the TV gave you the history of the canal which made it all the more enjoyable. The scenery is wonderful and you can watch all the other ships behind you falling into line to get into the canal. It was a great day!

We really would have loved that cabin thru the canal...but the ride thru the Milford Sound in New Zealand was simply spectacular...and no crowding at the rails...just the 2 of us snapping pictures. Milfors Sound is one of Natures Greatest Creations! 2o00' high cliffs towering over the ship, dwarfing the small tourboat sailing below...looked like a toy. Plus since we'd had a nasty storm...waterfalls everywhere

101_0598.jpg.25ea2cea9ee2a390ae6fd39d4e5ba2dc.jpg

100_1932.jpg.3ab95ec3c696062bf74a6c5dbc491eb4.jpg

100_1877.jpg.e43a9365145fc03e58ebca4ea2b3493d.jpg

We really would have loved that cabin thru the canal...but the ride thru the Milford Sound in New Zealand was simply spectacular...and no crowding at the rails...just the 2 of us snapping pictures. Milfors Sound is one of Natures Greatest Creations! 2o00' high cliffs towering over the ship' date=' dwarfing the small tourboat sailing below...looked like a toy. Plus since we'd had a nasty storm...waterfalls everywhere[/quote']

Beautiful photos! That is my dream vacation!!!! ... someday .... :rolleyes:

We had an aft cabin on Deck 7 for a trip to Hawaii a few years ago. We really loved it. The only small drawback was the family in the FV cabin next door. They had five kids (we couln't believe it and counted them several times) which wasn't a problem by itself, but they would meet their friends outside the cabin door and linger for a long chat. Every time we came or went from the cabin, we had to struggle through a crowd of kids. They also ordered room service a lot and instead of calling for someone to pick up the trays, they left them in front of our door. We had to be careful not to step in them when we opened the door to come out. The milling crowd of kids also usually managed to knock bits of food off the trays and grind them into the carpet. Once inside the cabin, however, everything was great.

Lisa

We had an aft cabin on Deck 7 for a trip to Hawaii a few years ago. We really loved it. The only small drawback was the family in the FV cabin next door. They had five kids (we couln't believe it and counted them several times) which wasn't a problem by itself, but they would meet their friends outside the cabin door and linger for a long chat. Every time we came or went from the cabin, we had to struggle through a crowd of kids. They also ordered room service a lot and instead of calling for someone to pick up the trays, they left them in front of our door. We had to be careful not to step in them when we opened the door to come out. The milling crowd of kids also usually managed to knock bits of food off the trays and grind them into the carpet. Once inside the cabin, however, everything was great.

Lisa

Did you call guest services to complain? After a few days of this I certainly would of after all you paid for your space as well. A few days of putting the trays right in front of their door might of gotten the message across.

Can I ask how you found this out? Not that it surprises me, but I'm not happy they'll be doing that! I was in 8170 on the Millie last year in Alaska and I have 8172 on the Infinity for the Panama Canal next April and made that reservation a year ago so I'm assuming they can't change my price. Once you've been in one it's hard to go back to a regular balcony cabin!

If you go to the Celebrity website and look up a cruise on the M class for 2010 in the new schedule you will see the change in cabin catagory. Bermuda/Canada, Europe transatlantic, and Alaska are up now. We love the aft cabins and we will pay for our pleasure.

Pat

Archived