Best aft cabins on m-class ships

Hampshire Rose

Any of them, but decks 7 and 8 are preferable to those on deck 9 which are immediately below the aft cafe area. The balcony size gets larger as you go down each deck, but even those on deck 9 are huge.

Phil

Wow! Thanks for the pics! We were considering switching from Millennium cabin 6144 (starboard CC) to an aft CC, but it appears that when you look down from the aft CC cabins, all you see is the cover of the aft balconies below your cabin.....is that the case?

I think we may stay put......

There's plenty of private covered area besides the 'exposed' portion. Covered area helps in adverse weather. We've had corner FVs 3 times, twice on 9. Note, the CAT FV cabins usually are held to booking of 4 or more. If just 2, you'll have difficulty getting the FV until last minute if not sold. Deck 9 FV has some 'deck chair scraping noise' from dining patio above coming through ceiling but usually not past 9:30pm. Good Luck

We sailed the Panama Canal on the Infinity and had cabin # 7206 which was just above one of the penthouses. We loved the balcony and spent quite a bit of time there. Every morning we had breakfast there and we had 3 evening dinners on the balcony. The balcony is huge- it had 4 loungers, 2 chairs, a dining table and a little cocktail table, and there was still plenty of room. Quite a bit of the balony is covered with a canvas but there is still enough open space for tanning. The covered part came in handy as we did have several rain days and were still able to enjoy the open air and the ship's wake. Yes, I highly recommend an aft cabin - it is a treat!

Wow! Thanks for the pics! We were considering switching from Millennium cabin 6144 (starboard CC) to an aft CC, but it appears that when you look down from the aft CC cabins, all you see is the cover of the aft balconies below your cabin.....is that the case?

We were in the aft Accessible cabin on deck 7...and we saw a small amount of the penthouse deck...then that beautiful wake...and over in Australia and New Zealand it was the most glorious color water! Here's the view from our balcony....

Sorry the photos didn't "attatch...slow loading tonight Accessible cabin is "the best kept secret on the "M" ships according to the CD...cabin about 275sq' and balcony about the same...you need to prove you need it, but really don't need a Dr signature, if you read the paper they send you, the Dr.'s signature is for any special treatment you need! I wasn't in a wheelchair but needed a handicapped bathroom, so I qualified. (since they have 25 or so accessible cabins perhaps they are more lenient with the wheelchair rules)

101_0424.jpg.23674fe57ad191fec870dac4e85b42f3.jpg

101_0618.jpg.7ad87d0619a5cd2cecbab660bc0d16c0.jpg

101_0650.jpg.d5e6fc719ae6da284ac441e4c6f94674.jpg

1908894558_Sydneyharboratnightenhanced.jpg.9a4605ac7a40f4abf3de0f043174b628.jpg

We sailed the Panama Canal on the Infinity and had cabin # 7206 which was just above one of the penthouses. We loved the balcony and spent quite a bit of time there. Every morning we had breakfast there and we had 3 evening dinners on the balcony. The balcony is huge- it had 4 loungers, 2 chairs, a dining table and a little cocktail table, and there was still plenty of room. Quite a bit of the balony is covered with a canvas but there is still enough open space for tanning. The covered part came in handy as we did have several rain days and were still able to enjoy the open air and the ship's wake. Yes, I highly recommend an aft cabin - it is a treat!

Ruth, thank you (and Phil, for his photos)! We've just booked the Infinity for a 2010 Panama Canal, and I'm in one of the CC aft balconies. Did you stay on your balcony for the transit through the Canals? Were you able to see everything, pretty well, if so?

Thanks, so much!!! I'm excited! ~ Lorna

Not enough to be of any consequence. The pictures by Napi's Mom gives the idea of that wake view. I love it.

Phil

Sorry the photos didn't "attatch...slow loading tonight Accessible cabin is "the best kept secret on the "M" ships according to the CD...cabin about 275sq' and balcony about the same...you need to prove you need it' date=' but really don't need a Dr signature, if you read the paper they send you, the Dr.'s signature is for any special treatment you need! I wasn't in a wheelchair but needed a handicapped bathroom, so I qualified. (since they have 25 or so accessible cabins perhaps they are more lenient with the wheelchair rules)[/quote']

Those are beautiful pics! Thanks for the info.....I hope it's not too late to snag that aft cabin I've been watching!

Any of them, but decks 7 and 8 are preferable to those on deck 9 which are immediately below the aft cafe area. The balcony size gets larger as you go down each deck, but even those on deck 9 are huge.

2468906450054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

They don't get larger as you go down. See you own picture. They appear to project out further but they also begin further out-hence the illusion.

The best ones are on the corners with a side and back view. I was on deck 9 and had no issues with the cafe above. I also prefer being as high up as possible.

FYI starting next year on the M class ships there will be three categories for CC. Aft cabins will be classified CC1 therefore unfortunately you will have to pay more for those balcony cabins. I have had two aft cabins on the Millie & the Infiinity & have enjoyed them both.

They don't get larger as you go down. See you own picture. They appear to project out further but they also begin further out-hence the illusion.

The best ones are on the corners with a side and back view. I was on deck 9 and had no issues with the cafe above. I also prefer being as high up as possible.

Have another look, particularly at the size and number of dividers between the balconies. Each deck is about three feet longer than the one above it. The cabins are staggered, but not as much as that of the balconies.

Phil

FYI starting next year on the M class ships there will be three categories for CC. Aft cabins will be classified CC1 therefore unfortunately you will have to pay more for those balcony cabins. I have had two aft cabins on the Millie & the Infiinity & have enjoyed them both.

Will the same thing happen with those larger CC cabins on the sides, like 6143 and 6144?

Ruth, thank you (and Phil, for his photos)! We've just booked the Infinity for a 2010 Panama Canal, and I'm in one of the CC aft balconies. Did you stay on your balcony for the transit through the Canals? Were you able to see everything, pretty well, if so?

Thanks, so much!!! I'm excited! ~ Lorna

Hi Lorna - we sure did and it was an amazing day! We stayed on our balcony all day, started with breakfast and continued with lunch. We had such a great time and a memory of a lifetime. We sat and drank our champagne and just watched to the left and right as we went through the locks. The TV in the cabin was turned to the station with the webcam positioned at the front of the ship so we were able to also see what was coming up ahead of us - and the commentary on the TV gave you the history of the canal which made it all the more enjoyable. The scenery is wonderful and you can watch all the other ships behind you falling into line to get into the canal. It was a great day!

I'd stay put. Your cabin is a bit larger than the CC afts and the balcony is plenty large. You'll have 2 loungers, a large table, and 2 chairs.

Can I ask how you found this out? Not that it surprises me, but I'm not happy they'll be doing that! I was in 8170 on the Millie last year in Alaska and I have 8172 on the Infinity for the Panama Canal next April and made that reservation a year ago so I'm assuming they can't change my price. Once you've been in one it's hard to go back to a regular balcony cabin!

Hi Lorna - we sure did and it was an amazing day! We stayed on our balcony all day, started with breakfast and continued with lunch. We had such a great time and a memory of a lifetime. We sat and drank our champagne and just watched to the left and right as we went through the locks. The TV in the cabin was turned to the station with the webcam positioned at the front of the ship so we were able to also see what was coming up ahead of us - and the commentary on the TV gave you the history of the canal which made it all the more enjoyable. The scenery is wonderful and you can watch all the other ships behind you falling into line to get into the canal. It was a great day!

Thanks, SO MUCH, Ruth!!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am! I guess the party will be in our cabin for the passing! ~ Lorna

Yes! They will be C1's.:)

Rats! So if we love it and want to book it again, we won't get as great a price next time! I do see that RCI has done that with some balcony cabins, specifically hump cabins. We were in one that is now classified as D1, but it had previously been either a D2 or D3.

I'd stay put. Your cabin is a bit larger than the CC afts and the balcony is plenty large. You'll have 2 loungers, a large table, and 2 chairs.

Thanks for that info....can you tell me anything else about 6144?

The balcony has a teak decking like the suites on either side. :D

Nice! Especially if you are not the one who has to varnish the teak :)(boater here.....lots of past teak varnishing)!

You don't varnish teak decking, you varnish the mahogany rails and other bright work on any yacht worth it's salt. As matter of fact, you bleach the teak deck.

You are absolutely correct.....no varnish on decking. We were power boaters....our boats always had fiberglass decks....and I don't think any of them were ever classified as yachts. :) I have assisted more than once with the treatment of railing, but not decking. And we used some teak oil something or other......

Never heard of bleaching teak, however.....sun always seemed to take care of that.

Thank you so much for setting me straight!

Archived