New Job/Bacon Server

OK bacon lovers(there must be a bunch),,,at the breakfast buffet there is one person who will give you 2(or 3) pieces of BACON,,,,must cost a lot or there was too much waist of it on past cruises. It was funny,,people would go to each station and get 2-3 pieces and pile it up on one plate on the table! This was on the Sensation.

I have heard this from a number of recent cruisers. Just another cut back. It would be interesting to know the numbers and results for this new program. Since crew members dont make a lot of money, it is worth the expense, I am sure

I saw them do this last sea day on Inspiration in January. Thought maybe they were running short for the 4 day cruise. :rolleyes: He was giving more than 2 or 3 slices. Cheapskates :p Thanks Uncle New Guy. :rolleyes: I think we need Uncle Bob back.

It was that way on my Splendor SA trip, but the person did more than just serve bacon.

It took a little getting used to, but I like it because:

1) Passengers can't pick through every piece putting the best pound of bacon they could find on their plate, 1 piece at a time.

2) There was no limit to the bacon you could be served, if you were a big enough pig to ask for it.

3) The bacon was actually cooked and not the mostly raw stuff that could be found on the Lido before

4) It seemed to cut down on the number of rude people line jumping and cutting in line for bacon.

OK bacon lovers(there must be a bunch),,,at the breakfast buffet there is one person who will give you 2(or 3) pieces of BACON,,,,must cost a lot or there was too much waist of it on past cruises. It was funny,,people would go to each station and get 2-3 pieces and pile it up on one plate on the table! This was on the Sensation.

This will not work for me, I live on bacon and caffene in the morning. I'll have to get DW to distract him and go in for a handfull. Why don't they put this employee on something important.....like chair hog patrol?:rolleyes:

I noticed this on our last cruise too. We joked about the 'pork passer', but it wasn't really an inconvenience nor did we go 'without'. If we wanted more than the pork passer put on the plate, we just had to ask. No problem.

I imagine this does cut down on waste. Even wholesale, food is not cheap these days.

It was no big deal for us. We just held the plate there for a few seconds and he gave us more. In fact several days I was distracted by my DH and got more bacon than I wanted. We were on the glory. A simple "more please" typically does the trick. They aren't going to deny you food.

Actually, on the Destiny the omelette maker was in charge of the bacon.:)

Well I am sure that will do wonders for the omelette line! :eek:

Note to self - another complaint email to carnival along with the lack of bringing back fruit punch on lido deck.....

maybe ccl is trying to curtail the waste of food in the buffet. here is a observation, 2 boys sit down next to us each with a pile of bacon on their plates along with 3-4 biscuts and butter. They did not eat the biscuts and left half of the bacon behind.

then they made a b-line to the soft serve ice cream. Wasteful.

Maybe it is more of a prep time problem. When One or two people empty the full pan of bacon they may be getting complaints from other cruisers that there is no bacon when they get there.

maybe ccl is trying to curtail the waste of food in the buffet. here is a observation, 2 boys sit down next to us each with a pile of bacon on their plates along with 3-4 biscuts and butter. They did not eat the biscuts and left half of the bacon behind.

then they made a b-line to the soft serve ice cream. Wasteful.

When did they start serving biscuits on Carnival? :confused: I've never seen it.

We called him the "Bacon Police" on our Conquest cruise earlier this month. Actually the two - three pieces were well cooked and did the job of filling us up. I'm not one to eat sun up to midnight on a cruise. That's the time for drinking, not eating.

Yep. I noticed on Miracle in Sept...Triumph in Dec and Liberty in Jan. Apparently, according to CD Steve on Liberty, it is being done to cut down on the incredible waste of bacon and to put a stop to those who have taken piles of bacon and toast and actually taken it ashore for picnic lunches.....:eek::eek:

As usual, there is that small percentage of idiots who ruin it for everyone else........

Yep. I noticed on Miracle in Sept...Triumph in Dec and Liberty in Jan. Apparently' date=' according to CD Steve on Liberty, it is being done to cut down on the incredible waste of bacon and to put a stop to those who have taken piles of bacon and toast and actually taken it ashore for picnic lunches.....:eek::eek:

As usual, there is that small percentage of idiots who ruin it for everyone else........[/quote']

Rumor has it some passengers were crushing up the bacon to use in their homemade rum punch.

Now if they would only do the same with cookies. On Splendor in February I would see people fill up a dinner plate - not a dessert plate - with cookies. Only the unbroken ones, one at a time. If they broke one putting in on their plate, it was quickly put back into the reject pile.

Yes there was afew Bacon Servers..

On the Glory...........

One was the wife of my Waiter Jorge..

He told me she had just started

working on the Glory.........

Now if they would only do the same with cookies. On Splendor in February I would see people fill up a dinner plate - not a dessert plate - with cookies. Only the unbroken ones, one at a time. If they broke one putting in on their plate, it was quickly put back into the reject pile.

They obviously don't know that all the fat calories fall out of the broken cookies.

Dan

Archived