New Job/Bacon Server

They obviously don't know that all the fat calories fall out of the broken cookies.

OMG, I was not aware of that either - - Thanks, Dan! :D

Please please please tell me it's the same with Butterfinger bars, as (more often than not) I usually find mine in mutliple hunks within the packaging.

OMG, I was not aware of that either - - Thanks, Dan! :D

Please please please tell me it's the same with Butterfinger bars, as (more often than not) I usually find mine in mutliple hunks within the packaging.

ALL broken candy, the calories fall out. If its only cracked, the calories leak out slowly.

Everybody knows dat!

Dan

OK bacon lovers(there must be a bunch),,,at the breakfast buffet there is one person who will give you 2(or 3) pieces of BACON,,,,must cost a lot or there was too much waist of it on past cruises. It was funny,,people would go to each station and get 2-3 pieces and pile it up on one plate on the table! This was on the Sensation.

I mentioned we had a bacon server on ecstasy too, late January.

ALL broken candy, the calories fall out. If its only cracked, the calories leak out slowly.

Everybody knows dat!

Dan

Also if you stand up while eating them you are burning calories....so broken cookies and candy are actually negitive calories :D

If they let you have as much as you want, and keeps people from wasting it, I don't mind. It is very sad to walk past all of the plates of food people leave behind in the mornings and see enough food being thrown away to feed an army. :(If all that food hadn't been wasted maybe they could afford to bring back fruit punch.:)

If they let you have as much as you want, and keeps people from wasting it, I don't mind. It is very sad to walk past all of the plates of food people leave behind in the mornings and see enough food being thrown away to feed an army. :(If all that food hadn't been wasted maybe they could afford to bring back fruit punch.:)

Wasted food becomes

food for the fish.........

So I am sure the fishes are loving

all that wasted food.........

I agree the waste is ridiculous. 90% of the time its kids who fill up a plate, take 2 bites and run off. I would suggest parents supervise their little darlings better but boy would i get flamed!

This will be good for me because when it comes to bacon.... I do not know my limit. I'm a pig... pun intended. And, bacon upsets my stomach but I can't refuse it. It's an addiction. With someone to monitor my intake, I can happily join the group of normal bacon consumptioners.... Thank you Carnival. I won't have to attend my normal Bacon Anonymous meetings any longer!!!!!!!

I would expect that it also reduces the amount of broken bacon in the steam table tray. Most of us may not be expert with the tongs and can crush bacon that we are not taking. (Hope that my explanation is clear) The server can issue the ration of bacon and keep the broken bits from being left behind. Of course I usually just take the tongs from the Sausage bin and use it in the bacon bin as well.

OK bacon lovers(there must be a bunch),,,at the breakfast buffet there is one person who will give you 2(or 3) pieces of BACON,,,,must cost a lot or there was too much waist of it on past cruises. It was funny,,people would go to each station and get 2-3 pieces and pile it up on one plate on the table! This was on the Sensation.

I just don't understand this. If someone wants 6 pieces of bacon for breakfast then give them 6 pieces of bacon. Seems like if you can order as many entrees in the MDR as you want. You should be able to get as much bacon as you want.

Yep. I noticed on Miracle in Sept...Triumph in Dec and Liberty in Jan. Apparently' date=' according to CD Steve on Liberty, it is being done to cut down on the incredible waste of bacon and to put a stop to those who have taken piles of bacon and toast and actually taken it ashore for picnic lunches.....:eek::eek:

As usual, there is that small percentage of idiots who ruin it for everyone else........[/quote']

I would not believe anything a CD tells me.

I just don't understand this. If someone wants 6 pieces of bacon for breakfast then give them 6 pieces of bacon. Seems like if you can order as many entrees in the MDR as you want. You should be able to get as much bacon as you want.

You can. You just don't get to serve yourself nor pick through the tray.

You can. You just don't get to serve yourself nor pick through the tray.

But I have to wait in line for 30 minutes twice? (We do not cut in line)

When we were on the Liberty last month they gave us 2 pieces of bacon. We asked for more and he gave us 1 more piece. I hope it was just this guy. Everyone else on here seemed to have better experiences. When I go to eat breakfast here in the US at least I get 4 pieces of bacon. Another point is I like my bacon a little under cooked the wife likes hers crispy. We don't eat much on a cruise ship, well except warm chocolate melting cake.:) This is just a ridiculous policy.

But I have to wait in line for 30 minutes twice? (We do not cut in line)

When we were on the Liberty last month they gave us 2 pieces of bacon. We asked for more and he gave us 1 more piece. I hope it was just this guy. Everyone else on here seemed to have better experiences. When I go to eat breakfast here in the US at least I get 4 pieces of bacon. Another point is I like my bacon a little under cooked the wife likes hers crispy. We don't eat much on a cruise ship, well except warm chocolate melting cake.:) This is just a ridiculous policy.

No. I'd just stand there and ask for more, especially after I had waited the same as everyone else. I had no problem getting about 6 pieces. I think expecting food to be cooked to order at a buffet is not reasonable. There is always the dining room. You can ask at the Lido and take your chances. In the dining room, you can send it back.

Just off the Liberty last week and bacon police were at the omlette bar. Tried bacon one time, is way to undercooked for me and was swimming in grease. Disgusting, doesn't even taste like bacon.

Tried it in the dining room as well, still undercooked and swimming in grease. Could have used a roll of paper towels to suck up the grease!

Interesting note about left-over food. When we were invited to attend a Ship Kitchen Tour, the kitchen staff guide said they collect all the left-over food and compact all of it and feed it to the fish in compacted amounts regularly. Good not to waste it completely.

Cheers!

Interesting note about left-over food. When we were invited to attend a Ship Kitchen Tour, the kitchen staff guide said they collect all the left-over food and compact all of it and feed it to the fish in compacted amounts regularly. Good not to waste it completely.

Cheers!

Unfortunately, the fish aren't paying for the wasted food, we are.

I'm all for it. It will stop the hogs from taking more than they can eat because it's free....and leaving much of it uneaten on the plate.

I thought this was funny myself. However, we never had a hard time getting more than a couple slices. A few times he was about to put on way more than I wanted. BIL had a big, and I mean big bacon s/w each morning before breakfast. Well it was on the same tray, it was his appetizer. :)

Archived