Early saver rate?

ColleenThomas

We just booked an early saver rate on the valor for Feb 2010. They told us that they only have so many cabins at these rates so if you see one you like you should book it when you see it. We were also told if we wanted to upgrade there was no penalty for this.

Is this only if you booked directly with Carnival? I booked with Costco and was told that I couldn't change rooms, upgrade etc. Anyone else book with Costco and hasn't been charged for a room change?

I had a issue with them on my last booking. My price went down before final payment and they told me because they discount, it was too complicated to give me the $60 back, but they did call and get me upgraded.

..... so I booked direct with a PVP this last time.

Between the new $50 pp change/cancel fee this TA added and then said I was responsible for, even though they didnt have this fee when I booked, Iv just decided not to book early thru them any more.

I booked the Early Svaer Rate and then later I switched cabins - I upgraded to a balcony....there was no problem and no fee involved.

You can upgrade, but not downgrade without the $50 pp change fee on early saver. They will take more $$$$ and let you get a better cabin.

I have learned why i am not eligible for price drops.:( I was under the impression that i had booked under early saver, when in fact, i booked with a residence discount. After a conversation with my pvp yesterday i was mildly upset, more at myself for not asking the right questions at booking time. So as a condolence, Pvp said he could upgrade us to bl for a cool 190 clams! When the pack and go discount for a bl is running 50 dollars more pp than what i paid for my 6c! HMMMMM

Sounds like you need a new PVP. How many people are in your cabin? Doesn't sound like he's discounting the upgrade, sounds like he's charging you more if there are only 2 of you going.

TA's (not the good ones) often don't like having to chase rates for people especially knowing that the lower rate will affect commission. I would strongly suggest for pax to book with a PVP or online with the ES promo because as the rates go down prior to final payment the TA's know what they were initially getting for commission (which is already pretty low since the ES rate is so low) is going to be affected. I had a TA complain once that she did more work for less money on the ES promo. Book with Carnival and you don't have to worry about hesistation and excuses on repricing.

I have a question for those of you who have received price drop credits on your cruise. We booked our next January cruise on the Freedom using the early saver pricing. Is the best thing to do just check the price on Carnival.com daily to see if the price drops:confused::confused: So far, doing that I haven't seen any drops but its still early.... I was pretty sure that was really the only way to do it but not positive.

Thanks for any help:)

Does anyone know how long Carnival will offer this 30% savings for booking extra early?

Who said that all early saver rates are 30 % ??

Reason am asking is that on a recent reservation I made it was closer to

only 15 %......is it "up to" 30% depending on type of cabin ?

I have a question for those of you who have received price drop credits on your cruise. We booked our next January cruise on the Freedom using the early saver pricing. Is the best thing to do just check the price on Carnival.com daily to see if the price drops:confused::confused: So far, doing that I haven't seen any drops but its still early.... I was pretty sure that was really the only way to do it but not positive.

Thanks for any help:)

I check other sites that I can check with just a click and if I see a difference I would submit the form. I also check Carnival's site if I see the price has moved to confirm before I jump to conclusions. It is Carnival's price you need to go by.

Im booked next jan too, so far, nothing, the price has not budged either up or down.

ANY and ALL changes are charged $50. We made our booking for 8 people and the CVS made an error in a name. When I called the next day to check on something I was told that one of the persons name was incorrect (I caught this). I was told it would cost us $50 to change the name. I explained that we did not make the mistake (obviously) but the CVS did. So, after discussion with a Supervisor, the name was changed to the proper name. I can understand a mispelled name but when they put the wrong last name on someone, that is not something I would do. Thank goodness I called and checked. Can you imagine having shown up at the pier and the wrong last name was on the reservation??????

ANY and ALL changes are charged $50. We made our booking for 8 people and the CVS made an error in a name. When I called the next day to check on something I was told that one of the persons name was incorrect (I caught this). I was told it would cost us $50 to change the name. I explained that we did not make the mistake (obviously) but the CVS did. So, after discussion with a Supervisor, the name was changed to the proper name. I can understand a mispelled name but when they put the wrong last name on someone, that is not something I would do. Thank goodness I called and checked. Can you imagine having shown up at the pier and the wrong last name was on the reservation??????

...... except they dont charge you $50 pp to upgrade. Upgrades are not charged the change fee.

TA's (not the good ones) often don't like having to chase rates for people especially knowing that the lower rate will affect commission. I would strongly suggest for pax to book with a PVP or online with the ES promo because as the rates go down prior to final payment the TA's know what they were initially getting for commission (which is already pretty low since the ES rate is so low) is going to be affected. I had a TA complain once that she did more work for less money on the ES promo. Book with Carnival and you don't have to worry about hesistation and excuses on repricing.

How sad! Now I see why it is getting more and more difficult for a good agent to get clients. Most agents don't get into the industry to become rich. It is so frustrating that there are people out there like this. Sorry, I had to vent a little!:o

Man, that sucks! Just take it in stride and chalk it up to a learning experience. Sometimes you get them, sometimes they get you. ;)

Yea it sucks! but i am thinking that the vacation is bought and paid for, and in 72 days after several dod's it wont matter anymore! Hoping now for a balcony upgrade, or a really good up sale! :) just watched the prices for our 6c fall another 20pp

Archived