Early saver rate?

ColleenThomas

Does anyone know how long Carnival will offer this 30% savings for booking extra early? I am looking for next Feb, but I am not ready to put a deposit down yet.

I also know that the deposit is non refundable if you do use this early rate. If you do book, and decide to change cabins, I am guessing you just get credit for what you already booked??

Any help / info would be great! I have never cruised Carnival, and don't know how the rates work, if they tend to go up at a certain time (months out from cruise...etc...)

thanks!

You cannot change cabins...

I booked with the early saver rate for both my completed February and upcoming June cruises. I made several changes without penalty: changed cabins, added a passenger, etc.

From Carnival:

"What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/FAQs/EarlySaver.aspx?WT.mc_id=HEarlySaverFAQ

Does anyone know how long Carnival will offer this 30% savings for booking extra early? I am looking for next Feb, but I am not ready to put a deposit down yet.

I also know that the deposit is non refundable if you do use this early rate. If you do book, and decide to change cabins, I am guessing you just get credit for what you already booked??

Any help / info would be great! I have never cruised Carnival, and don't know how the rates work, if they tend to go up at a certain time (months out from cruise...etc...)

thanks!

The early saver rate for 6 day or longer is 5 or more months prior to sailing. Early Saver on 3-5 day is up to 3 mo. in advance. Therefore, it will disappear 3 or 5 months before schedule cruise date.

Just checked cruise for 7/18 and Early Saver has disappeared. Cruise for 8/15 still shows Early Saver available.

Best thing about Early Saver is price drops honored up till 2 days before sailing. And I love price drops!!!

Hope this helps.

You can make room changes, you can upgrade, move around whatever. You just have to keep the same ship and sail date. Change either of those and you get charged the $50pp.

I've already checked to make sure I can upgrade with no penalty.

You can make room changes, you can upgrade, move around whatever. You just have to keep the same ship and sail date. Change either of those and you get charged the $50pp.

I've already checked to make sure I can upgrade with no penalty.

Is this only if you booked directly with Carnival? I booked with Costco and was told that I couldn't change rooms, upgrade etc. Anyone else book with Costco and hasn't been charged for a room change?

Is this only if you booked directly with Carnival? I booked with Costco and was told that I couldn't change rooms, upgrade etc. Anyone else book with Costco and hasn't been charged for a room change?

Cabin changes, upgrades and adding pax will not incur a fee.

Best thing about Early Saver is price drops honored up till 2 days before sailing. And I love price drops!!!

Hope this helps.

Are you sure, My PVP told me that after my final payment, i own the cruise, there will be no other reductions in price because i booked early saver. He did say that there may be things he could do as far as discounted upgrades. I am still a little unclear as to that though, But i do vividly recall that he said i own my vacation! I had called to take advantage of 50 dollar drop on the third person (my daughter) in a state room. three day prior to my final payment

thanks!

The Early Saver rate will probably be around until Carnival decides to either end it or come up with something else. Right now, it seems very successful. As to the prices holding....well, that's always up for grabs. Prices change all the time. It's just a crap shoot.

For details on the Early Saver, here's the link. It will show you the "what if's" for changes, etc......make sure you click on all the links shown on this page.....good info...

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx

Are you sure, My PVP told me that after my final payment, i own the cruise, there will be no other reductions in price because i booked early saver. He did say that there may be things he could do as far as discounted upgrades. I am still a little unclear as to that though, But i do vividly recall that he said i own my vacation! I had called to take advantage of 50 dollar drop on the third person (my daughter) in a state room. three day prior to my final payment

When I booked through Carnival for my August cruise on the Elation I was told that I would recieve any price reductions until 2 days before sailing. This is true.

I just booked a cruise last week and was told by my PVP that I can still take advantage of price reductions up until 2 days before sailing. I also booked it via the early saver program.

I just booked a cruise last week and was told by my PVP that I can still take advantage of price reductions up until 2 days before sailing. I also booked it via the early saver program.

I sure hope i misunderstood him:o

I sure hope i misunderstood him:o

Even if you PVP told you that you can't he/she is wrong. Here is the information taken directly from Carnival's Website. Hope it helps.

"When can I submit a price protection request?

Carnival will accept price protection requests up to 2 business days prior to sailing."

Well, I am not sure how long the rates will last, but be sure to book outside travel insurance, so that if you are sick, etc. all monies are refundable. Right now, these are the best rates out there. I have cruised Carnival & RCCL several times. Like them both alot.

Even if you PVP told you that you can't he/she is wrong. Here is the information taken directly from Carnival's Website. Hope it helps.

Carnival will accept price protection requests up to 2 business days prior to sailing."

yea, i just read that! i must have misunderstood! i guess that means i am still going to have to watch the fairs regularly! :)

I have learned why i am not eligible for price drops.:( I was under the impression that i had booked under early saver, when in fact, i booked with a residence discount. After a conversation with my pvp yesterday i was mildly upset, more at myself for not asking the right questions at booking time. So as a condolence, Pvp said he could upgrade us to bl for a cool 190 clams! When the pack and go discount for a bl is running 50 dollars more pp than what i paid for my 6c! HMMMMM

I have learned why i am not eligible for price drops.:( I was under the impression that i had booked under early saver, when in fact, i booked with a residence discount. After a conversation with my pvp yesterday i was mildly upset, more at myself for not asking the right questions at booking time. So as a condolence, Pvp said he could upgrade us to bl for a cool 190 clams! When the pack and go discount for a bl is running 50 dollars more pp than what i paid for my 6c! HMMMMM

Man, that sucks! Just take it in stride and chalk it up to a learning experience. Sometimes you get them, sometimes they get you. ;)

Archived