Help--royal caribbean cruiser thinking of going to carnival

liberty080208

That may be the case, but the Carnival fans don't imply that the other cruisers are trash for their choice of line.

Oh yes they have. Every single mainstream cruiseline board on this site has had loyalists bash other cruise lines and their passengers. RCI and Carnival tend to be the worst. Maybe hardcore Carnival fans do not use the word "trash" to describe RCI, but any word used to bash the passengers of another line is uncalled for and immature.

Carnival Corp. and RCCL are the most successful cruise corporations in the World.....and for good reason. They are both great. Keeping with the topic, I will gladly cruise Carnival if the price, itinerary, and ship are right.....as I will most cruise lines.

Oh yes they have. Every single mainstream cruiseline board on this site has had loyalists bash other cruise lines and their passengers. RCI and Carnival tend to be the worst. Maybe hardcore Carnival fans do not use the word "trash" to describe RCI, but any word used to bash the passengers of another line is uncalled for and immature.

Carnival Corp. and RCCL are the most successful cruise corporations in the World.....and for good reason. They are both great. Keeping with the topic, I will gladly cruise Carnival if the price, itinerary, and ship are right.....as I will most cruise lines.

They both bash each other. But the most common way is that RCLers call CCLers trash. And CCLers call RCLers snobs. Name calling both ways for sure. but seldom do you see CCLers calling RCLers trash.

Dan

They both bash each other. But the most common way is that RCLers call CCLers trash. And CCLers call RCLers snobs. Name calling both ways for sure. but seldom do you see CCLers calling RCLers trash.

Dan

Nor do you hear RCCL loyalist calling Carnival loyalists snobs:D

It's equal.......just different insults.......and childish IMO!

Nor do you hear RCCL loyalist calling Carnival loyalists snobs:D

It's equal.......just different insults.......and childish IMO!

K,

I think you're being snobby and treating me trashy. I'm gonna cry!:eek:

Dan

I've been on RCL and Carnival 3 times each.

I love the RCL ships, but food was really, really bad on 3/08 cruise. Captain kept announcing (more like droning) their rules over and over day after day. It was not a happy relaxing cruise. Some staff was grumpy and rude.

I switched back to Carnival; I have the Legend booked for 9/09. Food on Carnival has always been good and staff has always been friendly. My favorite waiter of all time was 'Denton' on the Carnival Sensation. I've only sailed on their Fantasy class ships and they are a little glitzy; still had a great time. I saw many pictures of the Legend and I'm impressed with the looks (from the pictures anyway).

You can't beat the Carnival prices these days, so it is worth a try. Look into the different classes (Fantasy, Destiny, Triumph, Spirit, Conquest, etc.) of Carnival ships to see what is a better fit for you.

I have only cruised on Carnival....so no experience anywhere else...

however, I would suggest that "the ship" you sail on is just as important as the "cruise line".

Also, the time of year you sail and the port you sail from can also have an impact on your cruise.

Just know that the "cruise line" alone is not the only factor.

Have a great cruise on whomever you sail!!!

There are cheerleaders on every board....and there is typically just as much RCI bashing on the Carnival boards, as the recipricol.

I have cruised both lines, and found the loyalists of each to be exactly alike.

I really haven't noticed much bashing of RCI on the Carnival board. I have, though, noticed a lot of Carnival bashing on the RCI board, most of it by a small group of people. I, personally, have enjoyed my cruises on both RCI and Carnival!!:)

I really haven't noticed much bashing of RCI on the Carnival board. I have, though, noticed a lot of Carnival bashing on the RCI board, most of it by a small group of people. I, personally, have enjoyed my cruises on both RCI and Carnival!!:)

I have to agree with the above post.

I cruised Explorer of the Seas in '07 and used the RCI board quite a bit to gather information about the ship, etc. I found quite a bit of Carnival bashing from a number of posters over there. Some of it I found insulting & childish. I really don't see any of that kind of behavior on the Carnival boards.

And as the post above says, I too, enjoyed my cruises on both RCI & Carnival

Oliver

Yeah there are a few there, and it is always the same copy/paste remarks.

I'm like a lot of the other posters. I have cruised RCCI 3 times, and was a little hesitant to change because I know the level of service and attentiveness on RCCI would be hard to exceed, or even match, but they are just too pricey for me to continue using them. I did notice on my last cruise that the food was lacking in taste and variety, but blamed that on it being one of the last sailings for the Sovereign of the Seas. From the looks of some of the other posts, that seems to be a recurring complaint. I've booked my very first Carnival cruise for 12/7/09 on Triumph out of New Orleans. I'm really looking forward to it.

Ok, this is a great thread, especially for people like me, that live in Puerto Rico and have great options for crusing without spending extra on flights!

In my case, I just did the AOTS the first week of March; this was my second trip on the AOTS, and my third RCCL cruise overall (the first was in the then-called Nordic Empress). Each cruise was great in its onw way, and, for having not sailed in some 4 years, I can say the level of attentions, quality, service, and state of the ship is awesome. I would go again in RCCL if price permits.

Which brings me to the point many others have stated: Carnival is a GREAT option also! And for the price, it can't be beat. I have sailed on the Fascination and the Destiny, and both trips were great, I cannot think of any really bad/ negative thing of the ships, the service, the food, etc. We (me and my wife, mid-30s, no kids) concur on the notion that Carnival is more "party-oriented" in a way. But it's not a Spring Break ship by any means. Just livelier.

I will possibly book the Victory for November, as it is based in San Juan, PR. The price difference between RCCL and Carnival is indeed making most people look into Carnival as their vacation option, unless you are a Crown and Anchor Platinum or Diamond member, and can benefit from many great perks (I enjoyed quite a few being Gold).

Am I Loyal to Royal? In a way, yes. But I haven't been on Carnival since 2003 I guess, so a change of pace is always welcome. I know we will have a blast anyway!!!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how the carnival camps ,break up the kids ages?

On rcl its 9-11,12-14, 15-17.

any of the carnival ships have anything similar to the royal promenade on the rcl freedom class ships?

thanks

About the kids' camp, I have no idea. About the Promenade, there is not a similarly-styled area onboard CCL's ships, as far as I know, meaning a long walking area with stores, bars, etc. There is an area midship that would be the equivalent, spanning several decks, called the Atrium, with bars and the like. Check out http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/virtual_tour/default.aspx

Being called trash is a worse insult than being called a snob.

Don't forget "Carnival is the Walmart of cruise lines". Yeah I'm sure they all shop at Macy's. :rolleyes:

LOL, I actually remember seeing that comment. That was really uncalled for and rude, and I hadn't even decided to make the switch yet.

After loyally cruising with RCI, I jumped to CCL last summer. While CCL has good points (larger staterooms, good entertainment), I personally could not tolerate the overwrought decor, the overcrowding, and the food (except the desserts).

But RCI has ticked me off with their pricing attitude so I am now jumping to Princess.

Also, I have not read past the first page of responses but my opinion is;

After 3 RC cruises, 1 Carnival cruise I found to like RC better. I thought the food was better as well as the service, I thought the staff was better. The ship was nicer.

With that said, I can't see RC treating my daughter as well as Carnival did. She is special needs and Carnival was top of the line in treatment. I'm sure RC would do the same but not being there, I can't say.

I also realized the price from RC vs Carnival were quite a bit different, the cruise was for my daughter to have a good time.

This time we are doing a Carnival cruise with a group. I'm very excited. Unless the service is absolutely horrible which I don't expect to happen, we will have a great time.

As someone told me when I was concerned about the Carnival cruise. As long as you are on a ship sailing away, it is going to be a wonderful experience. They were right.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I have take 15 cruises. 11 with RCCL and 2 Princess and 2 Carnival. We do like RCCL the best especially now that we are Diamond Members. We do have a Carnival book for Sept on the Legend. Same class as the Pride which we took a few years back, should be a good cruise even though we have never had a bad one.

• 4 years later...

Archived