Liberty Balcony Question

ms8654

Hi Everyone,

I tried searching for this answer before starting a new thread, but didn't have any luck.

Do the balcony dividers on the Liberty of the Seas open up? We are traveling with friends and while we do not need/want a connecting cabin, we thought connecting balconies would be fun. If only certain dividers open, do you know which categories or how we would identify these particular cabins?

Thanks!

Marie

There have been mixed answers about your question. Some say yes, some say no. When I was on Freedom, it looked like they could be opened.

Best bet would be to call RCCL and get an answer from one of their reps.

From our experience, the majority of the balcony dividers seem to open. Your stateroom attendant should be able to get the key to slide them back. (They are two panel partitions, and the forward panel slides back.) While on Liberty in September, we were able to have one balcony span 5 cabins. We really enjoyed it, and definitely preferred it to adjoining rooms. (When it was time to round everyone up for dinner, etc. we simply went to balcony doors instead of waiting in the hall.) I'm attaching a photo below. I have more if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Will

2362294640101198828kmDoNX_th.jpg

If you choose to open the dividers, they will remain opened, negating any "privacy" you may have on your balcony. Personally, I'd rather maintain my privacy, and invite any friends to my balcony via the cabin...then, when they're gone, my balcony is still mine, and mine alone!

If you choose to open the dividers, they will remain opened, negating any "privacy" you may have on your balcony. Personally, I'd rather maintain my privacy, and invite any friends to my balcony via the cabin...then, when they're gone, my balcony is still mine, and mine alone!

Our dividers did remain open. However, we could slide them closed if we needed to, we just could not lock them.

On LOS last April we opened our balcony's as we had friends in the next cabin. It was wonderful!

We just sailed NOS in January with the same friends and our steward as well as guest services said it was Captains orders they could not open them due to the Voyager class balcony doors having glass in them.

Upon on return I have read, only read, that fleet wide they no longer open them:(

When we cruised Princess it was just a small door like thing to open and we ended up having the steward lock it back up as it was banging all night!!

On LOS when they "slid" open they did not bang at all.

Yes, the dividers on the Freedom class can be opened, they are specifically designed to slide back out of the way, unless you have an aft balcony and I believe those are fixed.

On Mariner and Navigator, the dividers are designed differently than the Freedom class and it is up to the Captain whether or not they can be opened. Whoever said they can't be opened fleet wide was incorrect.

Hi Everyone,

I tried searching for this answer before starting a new thread, but didn't have any luck.

Do the balcony dividers on the Liberty of the Seas open up? We are traveling with friends and while we do not need/want a connecting cabin, we thought connecting balconies would be fun. If only certain dividers open, do you know which categories or how we would identify these particular cabins?

Thanks!

Marie

We had 2 cabins side by side and openend up the divider to a real big balcony and they came and told us that we had to shut it for safty reasons I think

Thanks for all of the replies. Do you recall if the dividers were on all decks or only certain ones? I think we are leaning towards D2's on deck nine, if possible.

Yes, the dividers slide back on all decks on the Freedom class.

Archived