Review of Sail Winifred

jodster

Just want to pass this along for anyone interested in a day sail. My husband and I had the privilege of sailing on the Winifred 11/16. Without a doubt it was the highlight of our cruise. I would do it again in a heart beat. Captain Sharon and her first mate Stephanie (Tommy her regular first mate was on vacation) were so warm and gracious that you felt like you were spending the day with old friends. We left Red Hook Marina right on time (9:30) for our sailing adventure to St. Johns. Captain Sharon took us to some remote keys where we were the only ones there swimming and snorkeling. It was almost surreal....like Gilligan's Island.

You are served a wonderful lunch consisting of an entree, salad, bread and dessert as well as unlimited soda's, juice, beer, and rum punch that was out of this world. It is hands down the most relaxing time I have ever experienced. You are in for a treat if you go. If you want a relaxing day away from the crowds to swim, snorkel, sunbathe or just relax then you won't be disappointed.

Jodi

What an incredibly fabulous time.. We had Captain Doug (Sharon had the day off) and Tommy the first mate... and we had an absolutely fabulous time as well! Tommy put himself out for each and everyone of us trying to make the most of our experience! And his rum punch is amazing... two of those and I was one with the deck and the sea!

While snorkeling we saw 3 sea turtles glide beneath us... and hundreds of fish! Tommy led us through the waters and pointed out some of the numerous ocean sea life beneath us. He even convinced my reluctant daughter to snorkel with us!

It was an incredible day and I would recommend it highly to anyone considering this excursion... It will remain the highlight of this cruise!

I have booked the Winifred for our March 19th sailing on the Zaandam. Every post I have read says it was the highlight of their cruise. I am glad you felt the same. How did you get to the marina? Was the trip uneventful?

Janice

Archived